Adventures on the New England Highway: Future interstate meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 06:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

What a GREAT event!

Heaping more and more superlatives on this well planned and promoted Joint State Meet . . . huge thanks to Paul [Blue Goose] and Jim [Daf11e] for all your efforts in pushing this important get-together . . . and huge kudos for all who made special efforts to drive long distances to meet.

The great payoff was in friendships rekindled and new ones made amidst great hospitality and humour. Great to see the girls celebrating also . . . I'm told the owners of the Tenterfield Antique Jewelry Shoppe are now planning their around-the-world cruise off the back of several big sales, courtesy of some of our ladies!

My tardiness in posting thanks, especially for the great pics, had much to do with the heap of housework and lawn mowing in the days of rain that followed . . . after which I gave up and escaped to Sydney to holiday with eldest son and family.

Now, I'm back home again . . . and again . . . and again. Picked up a Jaguar XJ tow bar in the Blue Mts, but it included the still attached Solent Blue '87 XJ40 as a bonus. Unfortunately, PO's nephew had managed to get water in fuel tank and car became undriveable after 30Km dosed on metho. My Ford Escape dragging 2 tonnes of hired car trailer and XJ40 was a 600Km challenge; followed by 600Km return of now empty car trailer . . . and final leg of 600Km to return home.

But . . . the Jag is in good nick and worth saving . . . well; aren't they all? Still and all, shed is now full . . . and a couple of the early ones now need some TLC to fix some failings.

Cheers,

Ken

The following 3 users liked this post by cat_as_trophy:
Daf11e (03-30-2017), o1xjr (04-05-2017), paulyling (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 05:01 PM
Received 1,209 Likes on 918 Posts

Good on ya mate. Another one to add to the collection!

Show us some pics

The following users liked this post:
cat_as_trophy (04-13-2017)