Help needed with possible Beechmont purchase

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 06:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts
Default Help needed with possible Beechmont purchase

OK . . . I know I have plenty of friends in SEQ, so I am asking for help in assessing a potential purchase at Beechmont, near Ipswich . . . despite every bone in my body trying to resist. For a while, I wondered if I could cure my ache by referring the purchase to Dr Phil, whom I hear via whispers may be scratching at an itch to purchase a Jaguar . . . Clarke's Miss Fireball no longer developing sufficient problems to keep the good Doctor fully engaged. LOL.

For those in the know, the XJC is one of Jaguar's rarer imports into Oz . . . only some 240 made the trip, so even fewer still survive. One is offered for sale on Gumtree as per this link <XJC at Beechmont> with a V12 Daimler thrown in as parts donor. The pics online are shockers and inspire questions as to what the seller may want to hide, but . . . well, dang it, I'm itching so bad it hurts. Perhaps Dr Phil will relieve me of something in my shed that will give me room to play with these instead?

All I ask at this stage is whether anyone knows anything about this car as I have so many commitments at this time, I can't afford to waste time if it is a dog. Anything known?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Old 11-10-2017, 07:37 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Hi Ken, Beechmont is not quiet near Ipswich, but about 2 hours drive south in the hinterland between Coolangatta & Kooralbyn(the home Murray Scoble of Peninsula Jag).

I don't believe Dr Phill's itch is that bad at the moment, more of an annoying scratch!

If it is something you really want checked out we can work out a plan tomorrow when the good Dr & I are having BBQ & beer

But in realistic terms it is 2 hours from me & 2.5 from the DR. If you are really keen on checking it out "Miss Fireball" would be happy to chauffeur us for a look.

Last edited by o1xjr; 11-10-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member

Huge thanks for offer Clarke, but hold fire for moment. I have established contact with seller and he is sending me better pics. Also, I note that he has 2 offers pending.

Not sure where I dredged up "near Ipswich" from. I had already printed a road map and noted it is east over the ridges from my ancestral family estates (ahem) at Hillview. Anyway, 5hrs or less from me. Talk of barbeque & beers tmw, suggests I may give you a call if I have progress to report . . . or if I can persuade Dr Phil to plunge into an early XJ40 that would clear some room in Ken's Kattery.

Anyone else have any knowledge of this XJC? Sorry, can't see reg plate.

Cheers & speak soon,

Ken

Old 11-14-2017, 01:56 AM
Veteran Member

UPDATE . . . seller & car have both disappeared . . . either a ghost car, yet another phishing expedition, or there's a happy, new XJC owner in SEQ. Either way, I can go back to a saner life built around working on my 2 xj40s that have issues, and the XJ-S that needs new floors and mods I have planned for nose and rear.

Cheers,

Ken

The following 2 users liked this post by cat_as_trophy:
o1xjr (11-14-2017), paulyling (11-17-2017)