Canada All Canadian members please post here...

New Member from Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 10:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member from Alberta

Good day!

I already posted in the new member introduction area, but thought I would stop in here and say hi as well. It's always great to meet others in a closer vicinity!

I recently acquired a 2001 Jaguar S-Type 3.0. I was searching for a fun commuter vehicle to save some miles on my truck when I came across an exceptional deal on this car. The owner was selling it because they couldn't get it to start and wanted it gone.

The car had been parked outside in our, as of late, very cold weather. After getting the car inside and warming it up, I replaced the battery (it was unfortunately shot assumingly from numerous attempts to get the car started by the previous owner, and the cold weather couldn't have helped), cleaned up some of the connections and started following some of the no-start procedures I came across online. With great pleasure, after a few tries I got the car going using the peddle to the floor while cranking it over and slowly letting off on the throttle. Turns out it was just flooded! It is a great relief to get the car running, but now I'm sure I'll be faced with a few more challenges to get it in tip top shape. It is actually in really great shape, I can only hope it won't be too much to get it to the point where it is a good reliable daily driver. Fun none the less!

I came across this forum while trouble shooting the no start issue, and have already used some of the valuable information to get the car up and running. I look forward to spending some time here, retaining some great information from others, and hopefully being able to offer some input along the way as well.

Here's a picture of my "new" S-Type

Name:  16CEF924-49EB-4002-9F12-D74AE4D1F33F_zpsuhijehsx.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  218.1 KB

The following users liked this post:
zigzewel (01-17-2017)
Old 01-15-2017, 02:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome. I too am in Alberta and recently acquired an S-type, 2004 in this case. Like you I got a good deal on it, but there's been one problem after another with leaks and little annoying and expensive problems. It was encouraging to hear that someone was able to fix theirs up without much fuss or expense. May I ask where you bought your battery? I was told by a mechanic that something is draining mine, but I suspect it might just need a new one, and I haven't been able to find much on-line about where to get the things. The one in it is a Jaguar brand - are there other brands that could fit? Again, I'm glad to hear your success story, and I hope yours continues to purr as it should without being a troublesome beast like mine has been.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:03 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Same here, YYC and and '01, PM even if you have any questions, I've done a fair amount of DIY as much as I felt comfortable with and/or the tools to do so. 100% thanks to this forum for most of it, a few items from the Lincoln vs Cadillac site too.

My '01 doesn't have those dimples btwn the headlights and the hi's though...??

Also interested in the battery source, with this last cold streak I notice it's getting a little weak, no idea how old it is.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:36 PM
Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
Default welcome

see ya cars and coffee.... we need more Jags...

sloop34 (12-27-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 06:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey cool! I am in southern AB ( the Hat ) Very slick lookin Jag there

AllblueACR (05-24-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 08:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Allblue ACR Hi new member here from Olds, just imported XK8 conv, my 2nd one in the past 4 yrs. Really get great info from this forum.

AllblueACR (12-28-2017)
Old 01-01-2018, 09:42 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, this forum has saved me 1,000's of dollars in repair bills!

Flipr78 (01-01-2018)