Canada All Canadian members please post here...

Paint Touch-Up S-Type

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Paint Touch-Up S-Type

My recently purchased 2004 s-type has an odd paint job. Parts of it appear to be the original shiny red, but the roof and trunk lid look as if they've been sand-blasted. I thought I would try spray-painting the offending parts, carefully taping off and protecting the rest with plastic sheeting. Is this advisable? And does anyone know if there's any on-line distributors in Canada that sell Jaguar paint? Everything I came across with my searching was in the U.S. Alternatively, are there places in the Edmonton area that would do a job like that for a reasonable price?

Old 11-16-2016, 09:41 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought the touch up tube from Jag Calgary, it was only a little tube though.. I would like to hear your feedback on the painting if you go ahead. Did you search the the forums? Use the advanced option maybe.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:09 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

There's nothing magical about Jaguar paint. Any bodyshop supplier with the equipment to mix paint to a model, year and colour code will be able to mix a small quantity for you. Google [auto paint + edmonton + canada] brings up several likely sources.

Worth going to a bodyshop for advice before attempting to refinish it yourself. Unless you have some experience with spraying clear over base, achieving anything like the factory finish is a lot more difficult than you may think.

Graham

Old 04-22-2017, 05:10 AM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Roberts Paint is an exact match and they ship from Quebec.
Manufacturer of Automotive Paint and Body Repair Products - RobertsPaintCare.com