Canada All Canadian members please post here...

Regional Coordinator anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default Regional Coordinator anyone?

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi all,
we're looking to appoint "Regional Coordinators" for each individual section and are looking for anyone that may be interested.

The role as Regional Coordinator is to help to promote the region to the best of their ability.

Instances / duties would include the following.......

Perhaps welcome any new members from the "new member" area and direct them to the regional area where they can chat with other like minded individuals from the same locale.

Keep order as required and if necessary.............make the mod team aware of any issues and request help as may be needed.

Discuss / organise meets and events in the region etc etc as they see fit.

Generally, we will be looking for someone with both a love of the marque and for the forum obviously. Longevity on the site isn't necessarily a deciding factor as against who woul be best for the role.

There will be a badge and a sense of responsibility attached and if this sounds like you, and you're interested, please shoot me a pm to discuss.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Astounding that no one has answered yet Jim, I have been away from the sight for a bit and I am a moderator on two other Jag sites as well as another website that is completely NOT car related at all.
I have been keeping things going with our "Toronto meets" thread and trying to keep it up. I have managed to meet in person with several people from the thread and in fact was scheduled tonight to meet with a fellow with one of those Japanese super cars at our Woodbridge meet
I don't suppose my wife would kill me too much if I volunteered for this gig as well. Hmmm... If MrsV12 makes herself a widow then we know whose fault that would be don't we?
Might be nice to get re acquainted with the chaps here. Ok I volunteer!

Let me know if I have passed the interview LOL

Old 08-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 38

Hey JustV12, great to se you around the place again, you've been kind of a stranger around these parts and have been missed.

A moderator on 2 other Jag sites? I didn't even know there were any others....lol

Thanks so much for the kind offer and of course we would love to have you, but we've been careful not to include techs / mods etc and let others step up. On that note, you may have seen that Avt007 (Rob) has taken up the mantle.

I'm sure he'd be very grateful for any help you can offer though and 2 heads are betetr than one in these things.

Either way its really good to see you around the site ( did I say that already?...lol ) and hopefully we'll see more of you.

Best

Old 08-03-2012, 03:54 PM

Hey Jim:

Now that I think about it that was a close one!
I actually have been here way more than you think, I just don't always sign in unless I have a PM or want to make a comment. Just been busy that's all.
I think you made the right choice btw. I am an executiver with the provincial Jaguar club, a concours judge (as is MrsV12) the other websites keep me very busy, and there are two shows a week we attend and lots of people to keep track of.
I feel now that I will be able to live safely in my house.LOL
When MrsV12 complains to me about being on the computer all hours and "Is that business or more Jag stuff...?" I really know I shouldn't have volunteered.
I just want to see the work get done though that's all no matter who has to do it.

Anyway I will message our new regional guy and support him in anyway I can.
I have a string of contacts from here that I have met locally and more to come.

I do what I can!

Cheers..
Now to get to Rob,,

The following users liked this post:
Norri (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 27

A gentleman to the last V12, you really are.

Any help or advice you can give to Rob, would I believe be most weclomed and apreciated.Thank in advance

Old 08-04-2012, 10:25 AM

Aye, and here's to you in Auld Scotia!

(My mother was Scottish, my Father was Irish and my cars are English)

Old 08-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 28

Jeeesh...........what a mix

Old 08-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by JimC64

Jeeesh...........what a mix
LOL, sounds like many of us over here. One of my grandparent's line is from County Tyrone, N. Ireland, one from Shropshire, one from Nottingham and the fourth being of the McLeod clan via the US coming to Canada as Empire Loyalists.

The Ministerial Angel of Domestic Bliss used to boast of her 'purity of lineage' with many generations of Glaswegian ancestors to her credit until the family genealogist uncovered an additional piece of info that showed them immigrating from N. Ireland. County Tyrone in fact. We're going for blood tests next week.

JimC64 (07-10-2013)
Old 08-05-2012, 12:08 PM

OK Mikey, lets get this straight...you are from McLeod's via the US?
Where exactly? My maternal grandmother was a Burns McLeod and they came to Canada via Boston and Virginia. So at least we may have a clan connection there, only a possibility now but do tell what you know. Now my maternal grandfather on the other hand came from Glencoe Scotland and I shan't say what his last name was for fear of MacDonald reprisals! LOL. (Now someone may know)

Now another section of the family were hired by the king of England in the 1700's to come here and to this day they still live on the land they purchased with that money and landmarks abound with their name on it. Funny thing these immigrants eh?

Perth Ontario, for other readers here, puts Mikey and I about 4 hours in travel away from one another.

Last edited by justV12; 08-05-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by justV12
OK Mikey, lets get this straight...you are from McLeod's via the US?
Where exactly? My maternal grandmother was a Burns McLeod and they came to Canada via Boston and Virginia. So at least we may have a clan connection there, only a possibility now but do tell what you know.
Yes, via Boston. My maternal grandmothers' family (Hall) settled in Woodstock New Brunswick not long after the Americans became revolting in 1776. The extended family is in the general area still today although the name has long disappeared through marriage. She moved to Montreal in the 1920s with my Nottingham-born grandfather, family name Wood. Gee- that narrows it down

Old 08-06-2012, 01:10 PM

My granny moved to PEI to marry my English born Scottish grandpa who's family moved to PEI. Well, there are LOTS of Wood's on PEI...acres of woods in fact!

Anyway this is an odd and amusing direction on this "area co-ordinators thread eh wot?

Well greetings form McLeod to McLeod then, hows that?

Old 08-06-2012, 01:35 PM

Well greetings form McLeod to McLeod then, hows that?
Yup, greetings indeed, and sorry to all for the hijack!

Old 07-10-2013, 12:24 PM

Just reviewing all the threads in this section and had to laugh as how this one ended up. I'll now have to give myself grief for hijacking

Old 07-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Veteran Member

. Now my maternal grandfather on the other hand came from Glencoe Scotland and I shan't say what his last name was for fear of MacDonald reprisals! LOL. (Now someone may know)
Hmmm.....Campbells by any chance V12?

If so what a fantastic and truly wonderful Scottish name........just happens to be mine too....lol

I'm so glad you jumped back into this thread, as you obviously know now that Mikey has taken up the role ofthe new Regional Coordinator for the section?

I know you have an interest and are heavily involved from previous posts, but I can see you and Mikey working together being really fruitful if you're both up for it.

All my best

Old 07-11-2013, 06:31 AM

Ha, my wife has cousins that are MacDonald's I wote an Irish tartan at
Our wedding with a Campbell kilt pin. Had nothing but fun reading her cousin.
Good sports they were.
I would work with mikey any time. He does have a Jaguar after all

The following 2 users liked this post by justV12:
JimC64 (07-11-2013), Mikey (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 10:05 AM

I would work with mikey any time. He does have a Jaguar after all
Thanks for that. Proves that everybody has at least one redeeming characteristic.

JimC64 (07-11-2013)