Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Beware of Autogeek.net Online Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts
Default Beware of Autogeek.net Online Ordering

A word of advice when ordering from Autogeek.net..... a real situation occurred.

I have been a long time purchaser of detail products from Autogeek.net a Jaguar Forum vendor. I have been on their email ad list for many years.

Last night Autogeek.net sent a 24 Special Pricing on the Blackfire Products. After reviewing the ad, I placed an order for the Blackfire Wet Diamond Kit. The advertised price was $8.99 + flat rate shipping of $7.95.

I placed my order, the order was taken electronically, paid for electronically via PayPal and an order confirmation was sent from Autogeek.net to my email.

This morning Autogeek.net sent a message stating my order was canceled and funds refunded. While I was not out any money by the cancelation of the order, and the refund, I was upset that the order was canceled and Autogeel.net would not honor their pricing. The explanation given was: There was an inaccuracy regarding the price of the BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Kit that was ordered. All orders containing this kit with the incorrect pricing have been canceled. All money has been refunded using the original payment method.

I responded to Autogeek.net stating the following...

"I think AutoGeek should honor the price as listed. No reputable retail establishment would cancel orders due to an advertised mistake.

When American Airlines, Walmart, Albertson's grocery stores, Target, and so many other major retail sellers makes errors in their ads they honor the price.

I strongly believe that Autogeek should do the same. By canceling this order, I lose faith that Autogeek is only interested in their own interests, not the customer.

As a long time buyer, I will hesitate to place future orders from AutoGeek due to the fact that you will NOT honor advertised prices.

Word of mouth advertising is the best. I am a member of several automobile forums and would be pleased to spread the word, that Autogeek does not honor ad prices, and to beware.

The email canceling the order is quite disappointing.

In good faith, Autogeek needs to fulfill these orders to the consumer and take the loss. I am quite sure that very few orders were placed for this Blackfire Wet Diamond Kit.

Please advise".

This afternoon Autogeek.net called saying they made a mistake and the company could not afford to honor the advertised pricing. I asked to speak to the general manager, or owner of the company. The customer service rep refused to pass my situation on to a higher level, basically stating the "The buck stops here". If you don't like the decision, there is no one else to speak with. I told the CS rep, that is crazy. If she walked into any retail establishment, I.e a grocery store and stated an item was mispriced to a cashier, would you accept the cashier saying, no I will not let you speak to the manager?. I thought this was crazy. I asked for the general manager or owners name. The Autogeek.net CS would not provide that. I continued to complain. Finally was given to the CS manager Nick, who would not provide the owners name. He stated Autogeek.net is a very small company, yet Autogeek.net has revenues in the 10's of millions of dollars annually.

Subsequently after researching Autogeek.net it was easy to determine the owners name (Robert McKee) and his personal address. There was no reason for Autogeek.net personnel to prohibit providing the owners name. It was easy to find the names associated with autogeek.net (PALM BEACH MOTORING ACCESSORIES, INC). It was easy to find the name of the legal counsel (Pamela J. Crane) who's office is located in Santa Fe, NM. It was easy to find suits filed in 2013.

While some members may think this situation is trivial in nature, my point is the retail establishment made an error in their advertised item that most retail stores would honor, make it right to the customer and move on.

Since Autogeek.net is a Jaguar Forum vendor, I wanted to bring this issue to the attention of the forum members. Some may agree or disagree with the end result.

I have never been turned away from any vendor asking to speak to a person at a higher level. I have never been turned away from speaking to a CEO of any company or their top level representative.

My point is, while Autogeek.net sells good products, they will not stand up for the customer and make any errors they make "right". While they claim to be a small company with 40 employees their interest is clearly not with the customer, but the company themselves.

In the future, I will have to defer from making any future purchases. Anyone that has an issue after the purchase with Autogeek.net should be fully aware that they may not be willing to resolve any issues.

This was my case. Whether you agree with Autogeek.net or not, is not my concern. As a Jaguar member, you have been advised of at least one incident that took place, where they will not honor any errors or be responsible to the end consumer when errors are made by their own respective employees.

To acknowledge from a customer service rep of any business, the buck stops here, "I will not let you speak to any manager" is simply bad business. I was shocked.

Let the buyer beware when ordering with Autogeek.net.

Case closed.

Last edited by richzak; 10-07-2015 at 02:59 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by richzak:
Etip (10-12-2015), Magnumforc (06-13-2016), Mountaincat (10-08-2015)
Old 04-30-2020, 03:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 187 Posts

Maybe you need to end the poster not just the post, we could start a petition if need be.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Originally Posted by bjg625
Maybe you need to end the poster not just the post, we could start a petition if need be.
You are replying to a nearly 5 year old post.

Caught my eye because of serious issues I have had with Autogeek.