Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Dr. Jackson's Hide Rejuvenator review

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Dr. Jackson's Hide Rejuvenator review

On my way home for many years I have passed a Tandy Leather shop almost everyday and thought I would stop in and check it out. I ended up purchasing some Dr. Jackson's Hide Rejuvenator and a piece of soft lambs wool to apply it. I tested it out in a small spot on my S Type before going all out. Seemed ok, so proceeded to do all the leather.

I was worried at first. I let it sit for a few hours after applying and when I looked at the seats, the appeared supper oily and shinny. Then I started buffing. This stuff goes deep into the leather and took about an hour to get it all buffed out. When it was all said and done, the seats looked awesome. It filled in some cracks, darkened the black leather and made the seats feel wonderful. They still have a slight gloss but not much.

I would recommend this product to anybody with dark leather seats but it might not be for those with light or tan leather.

I also used this stuff an old pair of boots, my wife's purse and a leather chair. They all look like brand new.

One more thing, about 5 months ago when I first got this car. I tried Lexol's cleaner and conditioner based on some recommendations. I used it in small amounts and followed the directions to the letter. I thought I had ruined my seats. It lighted the leather and dried it out some. The Dr. Jackson's stuff sort of brought them back to life.

I still would like to try the Connelly Hide Food but it will have to wait until next time.

The following users liked this post:
MRomanik (06-03-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Thanks for that,it's always good to see how a product works.