Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Mice - winter storage

Old 11-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mice - winter storage

Car is being stored for the winter - what are you using to keep the mice out - interior and in the engine bay.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:29 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Close trunk, and hood, and stuff the exhaust so as mice do not enter, steel wool works better than rags as they cannot chew or use it for nesting material.

Clean the interior of the car, apply a generous coating of Leather Master’s Protection to all leather surfaces, and use a box of DampRid moisture absorbing products, also leave a bar of scented soap under the seats (vermin don't like the smell)

An extract from a TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Article - “Long Term (Winter) Vehicle Storage” - TOGWT: Long Term (Winter) Vehicle Storage

TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Articles, these informational resources contain everything you’ll ever want to know about automotive detailing and are an invaluable addition to your detailing knowledge base -. http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...yperlinks.html

The following 2 users liked this post by Togwt:
dishongphoto (11-06-2013), katana man (11-06-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mice

Thanks

I will use the scented soap idea. The Steel wool I was aware of.. I have seen someone put in those green cubes that are supposed to kill mice - they were also put in the engine compartment. I have also heard of cotton ***** soaked with liquid peppermint.