E type ( XK-E ) 1961 - 1975

LS-swapped XK-E...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 06:22 PM
JagForums Town Crier
Received 154 Likes on 103 Posts
Default LS-swapped XK-E...

Now, I'm not one to hate on swaps like this automatically. I think there's something to be said for adding modern, more reliable power to a classic. Heck, I drove an XJ with a 350 swap for years. And I like how the exterior here wasn't chopped up... But that shifter and the gauges rub me the wrong way. Though at least folks watching it pass buy don't have to see them! Check out more details here.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The shifter and gauges do not make sense and pull the eye away from the harmonious beauty of that beast. Given the tastefulness of the rest of the conversion, I wonder if a next owner felt the need to put his own stamp on it.

My much loved SWB XJ-350 and MoPar E-type 2&2 were a delight to own, rarely let me down and could not be told from stock unless the bonnets were lifted or the gas pedal depressed.

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Mayday (11-15-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 06:45 PM
JagForums Town Crier
Received 154 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
The shifter and gauges do not make sense and pull the eye away from the harmonious beauty of that beast. Given the tastefulness of the rest of the conversion, I wonder if a next owner felt the need to put his own stamp on it.

My much loved SWB XJ-350 and MoPar E-type 2&2 were a delight to own, rarely let me down and could not be told from stock unless the bonnets were lifted or the gas pedal depressed.
I can see what you're saying about the guy having to put his own stamp on it. You couldn't tell my XJ had a swap until you pulled up the bonnet either. That's the way to go in my opinion.