F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Bye Bye XJL, Welcome F Pace

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Bye Bye XJL, Welcome F Pace

Just got my new F Pace 2 weeks ago. Get it to a fishing trip for a week and I have now 3500 KM on the odometer (2300 miles)... Great ride, with few issues.

When I left for my trip, the CD player froze on 2 different CD (I know, I still have CDs). The Sirius frosted too, can't change the channel after a while?
The link between the phone and the info system stop working! I doubt that I had a low battery issue. I have let thedooraand the trunk open for a while when I was charging all the stuff needed for the trip. I will need to go to the dealer to get it fix.

After some time in the wood with no cell network anyway, those phone link doesn't count anyway.

Average gas consumption was 9.4 l/km (26 m/g) with lots of long hill, hyways, wood road, etc. pretty decent.

Don't regret the XJL at all, specially for the use I need of a car. The XJL wasn't the best car for fishing, skiing, biking, etc...

Guy

Attached Thumbnails Bye Bye XJL, Welcome F Pace-image.jpeg  
Old 08-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Seems like you made a great choice for your lifestyle and the F pace does come across as a really good SUV, that looks great too.

I ended up with the XE sport which has been really good .. a couple of issues with the infotainment screen though.
Lawrence

Old 08-13-2016, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
Seems like you made a great choice for your lifestyle and the F pace does come across as a really good SUV, that looks great too.

I ended up with the XE sport which has been really good .. a couple of issues with the infotainment screen though.
Lawrence
The F-Pace is by far one of the best choices out there in the SUV/x-over world. I had an XJL and traded it in for the F-Pace, which compliments my 2016 R. I am very happy with all aspects of the F-Pace, including the service and coverage. I agonized over the trade decision, and to this day am happy that I did this to this very second. In fact every time I drive it, or look at it, i nod my head mentally in approval of the decision.

It suits my needs as an every day driver, and has the right level of things that make so much sense. FYI, just to confirm the thought of trading.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,268 Likes on 874 Posts

Congratulations! I saw an F Pace (promotional car) for the first time last night, it was in IRR and looked fantastic. I was surprised by how big it was, much bigger than I expected.

enjoy!

Old 08-16-2016, 09:52 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Congratulations! I saw an F Pace (promotional car) for the first time last night, it was in IRR and looked fantastic. I was surprised by how big it was, much bigger than I expected.

enjoy!

It's big, but the feelling Is like you drive a Much smaller car. It's the feeling of the F Type I guess, but with more Room for everything you want to bring with you. I still prefer my XKRS for the performance, the feling, the sound, but as a daily drive, it do the job, with style and fun.
Guy