F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Dat Useage

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dat Useage

If using the sim card for the nav system (satelite image, traffice, etc.), how much data does it use?

I can put one of our sim cards in it so it is on our share plan but wondering how much of our plan will it use?

Old 01-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 564 Likes on 383 Posts

I've been using FreedomPop for a couple of months now and tracking my data usage. So far, I've found that normal usage runs nicely below their 200mb/month free plan (while driving about 1,000 miles/mo). Most of that is background data (like live traffic) that I'm not really utilizing. I haven't used to car to stream music or check out the world news. Hope that helps.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Can you point me to the plan you got please?
This sounds good, thanks!

Old 01-23-2017, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I have found a better solution that works great for me. I felt the 3G speeds were way to slow for me so I went with the 2 solutions below.

1) I use my iPhones mobile hotspot for connectivity to my Jaguar now that the free trial has expired and I find it not only super easy but super cheap and fast. The speeds are much faster when using my iPhone as the hot spot and it uses such lil data that I don't even notice it in my billing and I use the Jag screen a lot for searches, etc on trips.

2) I have Optimum as my home ISP and they give me free mobile hot spots across most of NA and I was able to login on the Jag so it to is now a connected hotspot and that is totally free. The only drawback is since you are moving it can drop the connection sometimes si I mostly use my mobile hotspot on my iPhone for a more stable connection when not sitting still.