F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Jaguar Dives Into Wearable Tech With James-Bondian 'Activity Key'

Old 12-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Jaguar Forums Editor
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Jaguar Dives Into Wearable Tech With James-Bondian 'Activity Key'

Jaguar is the first auto manufacturer to bring to mass market a wearable watch-type, wristband car key. They call it their Activity Key.

Read the rest on the Jaguar Forums homepage. >>

Old 12-22-2015, 11:08 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

So is the only advantage that you don't have to carry it around in your pocket? Other than that is seems like all other proximity keys.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:51 AM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Well it's waterproof so there's that and it allows you to lock your keys in the car so I can see the benefits, though I don't know I'd use it that often, but for $400 it's not terribly priced.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

For people who drive their cars on a daily basis I think this is a marvellous idea.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For people who swim or surf in the ocean it's a must have. Unfortunately, I have an F-type coupe, and don't like SUVs (even if the F-pace is more nimble than your average SUV). I would want to get an Activity Key installed on my F-type, has anyone on the forum installed an activity key on a Jag other than the F-pace.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by MalibuFtype
For people who swim or surf in the ocean it's a must have. Unfortunately, I have an F-type coupe, and don't like SUVs (even if the F-pace is more nimble than your average SUV). I would want to get an Activity Key installed on my F-type, has anyone on the forum installed an activity key on a Jag other than the F-pace.
As I recall they offered it on my XE sport, but I did not get it.. wish I had. My F type R is a couple of years old and it was not offered.
Lawrence

Old 08-22-2016, 09:22 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbov8
For people who drive their cars on a daily basis I think this is a marvellous idea.
I have that option. Didn't use it yet, but will be during the winter. It's not for the daily driving. You need to take back the real key from the trunk to start the car.
The purpose is to let the real key IN the car when doing activity. I'll use it skiing. I don't take chance to loose the key while skiing, jogging, biking, etc.
Particularly useful for the surfers, swimmer, etc

After you return to the car, you'll be able to reopen the trunk to take back you key...
Guy