F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Road Tripping in the Jaguar F-Pace

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 06:54 PM
Jaguar Forums Editor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Road Tripping in the Jaguar F-Pace

Road Tripping in the Jaguar F-Pace

There are so many vehicles you can take on a holiday road trip. Forbes used a Jaguar F-Pace.

Read the rest on the JaguarForums.com homepage. >>

Old 01-01-2017, 10:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Nice review, but how long did they drive the car for? 99% of car reviews said nothing about long-term reliability because they only kept them for a few days to a week. I rarely give these rave reviews more than a grain of salt.

Consumer Reports in their initial test noticed some squeaks and rattles in their F-Pace. So build quality may not be all that consistent at the Jaguar factory...that's a cause for worry in addition to long-term reliability.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:30 PM
Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Default My two-cents worth

My experience with the reviews by Consumers, is a lot of libs complaining about the cars we all like and loving the cars we hate. Most of what I'd seen in the past, were from people having purchased an automobile and then just "love" it because they can't stand the fact that they may have bought a "turkey" instead of a driver. To each his own, of course, but rarely does this mag have recommendations based on analytical facts. A guide, yes, but as an only source, I'd be wary of that.

King Fala

Old 01-04-2017, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by KingFala
My experience with the reviews by Consumers, is a lot of libs complaining about the cars we all like and loving the cars we hate. Most of what I'd seen in the past, were from people having purchased an automobile and then just "love" it because they can't stand the fact that they may have bought a "turkey" instead of a driver. To each his own, of course, but rarely does this mag have recommendations based on analytical facts. A guide, yes, but as an only source, I'd be wary of that.

King Fala
"Analytical facts" are what I perceive as the majority of automotive journalism these days. This is why I find Consumer Reports' commonsensical approach refreshingly different. Let's face it, unlike you and me, most Americans do not understand or care about such things as oversteer, understeer, torque vectoring, etc. Instead, they care about how many packs of toilet paper they can jam into the trunk, where to store stuff, and ride comfort. Consumer Reports buy all their cars so they don't need to say what the automakers want to hear. (Lexus has been notorious for blacklisting car reviewers who badmouth them, refusing to give them press cars.)

The following are more CR notes on the F-Pace. You may disagree but they sure stand out in a sea of uniformity amidst all the gushing reviews:
  • superb handling & trunk storage capacity
  • did not get any looks, no one knew it's a Jaguar
  • rough ride especially on secondary roads
  • fit and finish issues, unacceptable in a $50k car
  • exhaust note is a cat's squeal not growl.