F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Manual 6 Speed questions / issues / chatter thread?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

You let people drink coffee in your cars? You do it yourselves? If you want a coffee, stop and have one. When it's time to drive, break time's over.

Seriously; I'm surprised I have to explain this.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (09-10-2015)
Old 09-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
You let people drink coffee in your cars? You do it yourselves? If you want a coffee, stop and have one. When it's time to drive, break time's over.

There is no food or drink (except a bottle of PLAIN OLE WATER) in my Temple! I mean.... in the F-Type!

Old 09-09-2015, 07:37 AM
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

No smoking, food or drink. Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times.

Orkney

Old 09-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Orkney
No smoking, food or drink. Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times.
Those are my rules as well. At least no open containers... groceries are okay. A bottle of water is okay if its kept closed or has a no-spill valve at the top, but that's about it.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
The proprietary MINI cup is the perfect height to rest your forearm on (left holder) while rowing through the gears. That is, if you don't mind coffee stains on your shirt sleeve.
So the Mini I bought my wife in January was not a pre-emptive peace offering to assuage her prior to buying my Jaguar (which she actually encouraged me to do prior to a renovation)....

... but I bought my wife a Mini Cooper in January secretly planning to steal her cup! LOL

That's superb. Cup... stolen.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Veteran Member

LOL

Pragmatics reduce my ability to be an idealogical purist. I bought this as a touring car for northern california, to be sure... but it's also the commuter car that I will use a couple times a week at 5.30a to rip through Bay Area traffic to a south bay office. I am not driving amongst sleepy people texting on their phones, weaving about, on their way to work..... without a little fuel of my own for an edge. If there were more manuals on the road, I bet there would be more focused and safer driving. MAYBE. Not including this car.

I promise no food in the car, and I promise I am a SUPERB drinker. Closed lid iced coffee only. Straw. I do sweat the condensation from the cup, and I clean up after myself. PLEASE APPROVE OF ME!!! =^D

But yeah... there's no real reason to be eating anything in that car.

Likely inappropriate, but curious how old the lot of us are? I am 39 this passed July. I am wondering if this car is bringing down the typical age of Jag owners?

Last edited by Uncle Fishbits; 09-10-2015 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:57 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,078 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Likely inappropriate, but curious how old the lot of us are? I am 39 this passed July. I am wondering if this car is bringing down the typical age of Jag owners?

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...aphics-123756/

I drink coffee, eat granola bars, oranges (previously peeled and sectioned), etc. Even an occasional sandwich on my long road trips. Deal with it!

Old 09-10-2015, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

I am wondering if this car is bringing down the typical age of Jag owners?
My age has dropped at least 20 years since acquiring the beast.

Uncle Fishbits (09-11-2015)
Old 09-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

I am a crinkled old curmudgeon of incalculable age. I seldom take off my kilt and when I do it's only to do something terribly inappropriate. I purchased my F-Type to keep me out of trouble.

Orkney

Old 09-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 293 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Orkney
I am a crinkled old curmudgeon of incalculable age. I seldom take off my kilt and when I do it's only to do something terribly inappropriate. I purchased my F-Type to keep me out of trouble.

Orkney
Funny, as I found out how short life can be, I bought mine to get me INTO trouble.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...aphics-123756/

I drink coffee, eat granola bars, oranges (previously peeled and sectioned), etc. Even an occasional sandwich on my long road trips. Deal with it!
okay.. you outed me. careful eating of granola / kind bars / almonds / cut up apple slices. Yeah... life happens. Deal with it. LOL

If I get a chance to drink a G&T in the Arctic like Clarkson, I might.

But, I did just replace the word rifle with "Manual F-Type" and it works:

This is my Manual F-Type. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My Manual F-Type is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My Manual F-Type, without me, is useless. Without my Manual F-Type, I am useless. I must drive my Manual F-Type true. I must drive better than my friend who is trying to have more fun than me. I must smile and laugh and cross the line before he does the same.

My Manual F-Type and I know that what counts in life is not the sounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the fun that counts.

My Manual F-Type is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sounds and its wonderful times. I will keep my Manual F-Type clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

TR64ever (10-03-2015)
Old 09-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TXJagR
Funny, as I found out how short life can be, I bought mine to get me INTO trouble.
This. I drove a Wrangler for 20 years. Am I going to drive a Subaru for the next 20? No. No I am not. I need some fun before the doom sets in. =)

Anyways.... nowadays... so, you drive by 7 cars.

white audi, white mercedes, white bmw, white hyundai, white ford, white infiniti, white lexus... they all look the same and the Ford Fusion might look the best of all of them.

At least we can find our cars in a parking lot, if nothing else. =)

Old 09-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member

At least we can find our cars in a parking lot, if nothing else. =)
Not where I am. The bloated SUVs obscure everything else from view.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
The proprietary MINI cup is the perfect height to rest your forearm on (left holder) while rowing through the gears. That is, if you don't mind coffee stains on your shirt sleeve.
Bah... annoyingly fat, and still too tall. I will opt to keep the car, and enjoy looking for a funky cup. The search continues. =^D

Old 09-16-2015, 09:01 PM
Veteran Member

Bah... annoyingly fat, and still too tall. I will opt to keep the car, and enjoy looking for a funky cup. The search continues. =^D
The copper cups sold to serve "Moscow Mules" might work, but don't have the spill-proof cap. We need Ron Popeil on this right away.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

The copper cups sold to serve "Moscow Mules" might work, but don't have the spill-proof cap. We need Ron Popeil on this right away.
Or jaguar :^P

I do notice in a few shifting situations that I have hit the defrost or emergency flashers.

I also note that finding a place for a suit jacket or dry cleaning other than laying it flat in the in the trunk, and letting it slide around while you drive home, is about the only option.

More questions:

Is anyone using that app to control the car, remote start, etc?

On the left hand of the trunk, there are two elastic hold downs for something that isn't there. What is that meant for? I know there's some addon to hide an umbrella in the trunk somewhere, but I don't think that's it.

How in the hell does cruise control work that well on an manual?

Setting "Reverse dip" only works on the right hand mirror, correct?

I assume auto high beam is not great to turn on?

And seriously, what is this nodule on the driver side door storage space?

Lastly, I'd like to hear about any additional things people have bought, augmentation, or aftermarket additions, as well as any surprises or tips or tricks people have noticed that we may not know.

There's a lot of tiny bells and whistles here that have taken me more than a month to find, and I'm sure there are more.

Foosh (09-17-2015)
Old 09-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

That is a Samsung cell phone battery pictured.

Last edited by BierNut; 09-17-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Uncle Fishbits (09-25-2015)
Old 09-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Or jaguar :^P

I do notice in a few shifting situations that I have hit the defrost or emergency flashers.

I also note that finding a place for a suit jacket or dry cleaning other than laying it flat in the in the trunk, and letting it slide around while you drive home, is about the only option.

More questions:

Is anyone using that app to control the car, remote start, etc?

Don't have it on my F-Type, but never used it on my other cars that have it

On the left hand of the trunk, there are two elastic hold downs for something that isn't there. What is that meant for? I know there's some addon to hide an umbrella in the trunk somewhere, but I don't think that's it.

My tow hook came stored there and the other is a good place for a mini-umbrella

How in the hell does cruise control work that well on an manual?

For highway cruising

Setting "Reverse dip" only works on the right hand mirror, correct?

Correct

I assume auto high beam is not great to turn on?

Who not, unless it doesn't work very well

And seriously, what is this nodule on the driver side door storage space?

Who knows, maybe for finding the inside of that compartment at night

Old 09-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

I do notice in a few shifting situations that I have hit the defrost or emergency flashers. Haven't hit those yet, but have hit the fan control

I also note that finding a place for a suit jacket or dry cleaning other than laying it flat in the in the trunk, and letting it slide around while you drive home, is about the only option. There is a hook behind the passenger seat. Move that seat forward all the way and you can hang a jacket or dry cleaning. If you also have a passenger you can move the seat back to within an inch or two of the bulkhead without compromising and creases.

More questions:

Is anyone using that app to control the car, remote start, etc? Can't remote start with the MT
On the left hand of the trunk, there are two elastic hold downs for something that isn't there. What is that meant for? I know there's some addon to hide an umbrella in the trunk somewhere, but I don't think that's it. Mine aren't on the left. They're just behind the seats in the trunk area. Have no clue what they're for (warning triangle maybe?)

How in the hell does cruise control work that well on an manual? Works great on the interstate. Plenty of torque in 6th gear not to require shifting even up hills

Setting "Reverse dip" only works on the right hand mirror, correct?That is correct.

I assume auto high beam is not great to turn on? As Foosh asks,why not?

And seriously, what is this nodule on the driver side door storage space?Rumor has it, it's to hold a water bottle up at an angle

Lastly, I'd like to hear about any additional things people have bought, augmentation, or aftermarket additions, as well as any surprises or tips or tricks people have noticed that we may not know.Projects on the horizon. I will report back when implemented

There's a lot of tiny bells and whistles here that have taken me more than a month to find, and I'm sure there are more.
-----------------

Last edited by Unhingd; 09-17-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member

I picked up some rubber floor mats from Jaguar yesterday.

They don't fit. They list AWD versus RWD, so perhaps I've got the wrong ones. The shape is very close, but the spacing of the holes for the retention hooks is different. It's also possible that 2014/2015 is different than 2016. I know they changed the footwell to fit the third pedal, but mat doesn't go that far forward.

I guess the parts department gets to sort it out.

I also asked about touch-up paint. There is no part number yet for my color (colour).

Quick Reply: 2016 Manual 6 Speed questions / issues / chatter thread?