Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active Exhaust Option vs Without Active Exhaust option

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Active Exhaust Option vs Without Active Exhaust option

Hey Guys,

Looking to by an F-Type but have realised a lot of the used models out there come without the active exhaust (AE) so I had a question around this

I know active exhaust allows the car to be louder in modes other than dynamic, but does this mean a car with the AE system in Dynamic with AE on is louder than a car without the AR option in Dynamic mode?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Simran Singh Randhawa
Hey Guys,

Looking to by an F-Type but have realised a lot of the used models out there come without the active exhaust (AE) so I had a question around this

I know active exhaust allows the car to be louder in modes other than dynamic, but does this mean a car with the AE system in Dynamic with AE on is louder than a car without the AR option in Dynamic mode?
Just a little louder, but not by much. The AE actually serves more to make the car quieter when turned off.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

According to my handbook, if you have active exhaust it is activated when you select dynamic mode anyway. So there's no Dynamic + Active + Active

Old 12-06-2016, 01:26 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I did some db-measurement with a friends v6. He has no active exhaust. Car with active exhaust ist about 3-4db louder when you push the button. But maximum loudness while accelerating-> about 122db is identical on both cars

The following users liked this post:
AaronLin (12-06-2016)
Old 12-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luciddream
I did some db-measurement with a friends v6. He has no active exhaust. Car with active exhaust ist about 3-4db louder when you push the button. But maximum loudness while accelerating-> about 122db is identical on both cars
Ahh I see.

How did the two cars compare at lower rep ranges? And both cars had dynamic mode on I assume when tested?

Old 12-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I compared V6 and V6s. V6s had dynamic mode on (red display!) and V6 too. Low rev range V6s was a bit louder.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i also don't have the active exhaust , really wishing I had it but thinking about getting a downpipe. I'm guessing that would had some pops and cracks to our base v6