F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in the SF Bay Area with a Quicksilver exhaust (on a V8 F-type)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 02:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone in the SF Bay Area with a Quicksilver exhaust (on a V8 F-type)?

Thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these units for my V8 but want to hear it in real life (vs youtube). Happy to meet you wherever.

thanks!
Bryan

https://quicksilver-exhausts.glopal.....myshopify.com

Old 10-08-2016, 06:30 PM

bump/ anyone??

Old 10-09-2016, 06:54 AM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey brother actually ordering mine hopefully this week

Old 03-01-2017, 11:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump!

Old 03-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Happy to let you hear my VAP exhaust Memento..

The following users liked this post:
Memento Mori (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by DirtyAir
Happy to let you hear my VAP exhaust Memento..
PM sent!

Old 03-03-2017, 12:10 PM

Thanks to DirtyAir for giving us Bay Area guys a VAP exhaust/tune demo yesterday -- I must say that Mike is a true gentleman for taking the time out of his day to meet us for a drive, and Stuart a genius for putting together an incredible set of upgrades. Now its a matter of figuring out which one to do first!

bryan

Old 03-03-2017, 12:25 PM

Agreed, thanks so much for doing this Mike!

Now the choice between the Quicksilver exhaust and the VelocityAP exhaust is even harder. Hopefully someone with the Quicksilver installed can chime in too! I'm in the Bay Area for this weekend, and will be in Southern CA after Sunday!

Old 03-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

You are both very welcome! I'm a VAP fan, so it's easy to do. And I always like meeting great guys with shared interests.

Thanks to you for making it easy on me with one trip over the bridge for both of you. Not that I mind driving on days as nice as the past two! As an added bonus, the straight part of the 92 bridge was wide open on the way there. Almost lost my hat but it was worth it. Hope you guys end up with what is best for you.

Memento.. if you have the vids from your gf when I reved the engine with the pipes open/closed, can you please send them? I want to post to the exhaust thread.

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

-Mike

Old 03-03-2017, 09:30 PM

Sorry bro, looks like those went straight to Snapchat

Old 03-07-2017, 12:23 AM
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by bchains
Thanks to DirtyAir for giving us Bay Area guys a VAP exhaust/tune demo yesterday -- I must say that Mike is a true gentleman for taking the time out of his day to meet us for a drive, and Stuart a genius for putting together an incredible set of upgrades. Now its a matter of figuring out which one to do first!

bryan
1. Thanks DirtyAir, much obliged for the demos.
2. My Mum says I'm special. Come to think of it, a lot of people have told me I'm special.....

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 03-07-2017, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Memento Mori
Agreed, thanks so much for doing this Mike!

Now the choice between the Quicksilver exhaust and the VelocityAP exhaust is even harder. Hopefully someone with the Quicksilver installed can chime in too! I'm in the Bay Area for this weekend, and will be in Southern CA after Sunday!
Keep in mind, this is just one of the exhaust offerings we have. We also have the Sport and Supersport non-valved systems, as well as the touring, which is best paired with 200 cell cats:

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-07-2017, 01:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

Thanks Stuart!
A couple of questions though - it looks like the driver (you?) didn't once have it in Dynamic mode, and never used Sport until the last 2 seconds. I think the punters would like to know what it sounds like in Dynamic and then manually upshifting and downshifting using Sport mode.
And what gives with the Ferrari number plate surround??!!??
Yeah, I know, it would have been a customer's car and they probably bought it from a Ferrari dealer, but why keep it??? (also it flapped around a lot, nothing that a couple of pieces of double sided tape wouldn't fix!)

Old 03-07-2017, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Thanks Stuart!
A couple of questions though - it looks like the driver (you?) didn't once have it in Dynamic mode, and never used Sport until the last 2 seconds. I think the punters would like to know what it sounds like in Dynamic and then manually upshifting and downshifting using Sport mode.
And what gives with the Ferrari number plate surround??!!??
Yeah, I know, it would have been a customer's car and they probably bought it from a Ferrari dealer, but why keep it??? (also it flapped around a lot, nothing that a couple of pieces of double sided tape wouldn't fix!)
Actually, it was in dynamic and sport mode, and was shifted out after the last couple of seconds. The car had a broken clockspring at the time so the paddle shifters were not operational.

But, the exhaust sound doesn't change from one mode to another, sounds exactly the same.

I'll let Pat know you disapprove of his license plate frame. The plate on the car in the video is just my repair plate, we threw it on to get the car to the track because the road insurance was cancelled.

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

I have a quicksilver exhaust but I am thinking about switching too the ap one. Even though the Quicksilver sounds amazing and has no drone the fitment isnt 100%. Ive gotten two of them and both had some issues. The current one the passenger side muffler angle doesnt match the driver side. It isnt terrible and I am probably the only one who notices but still its there. But sound wise I havent heard a better sounding exhaust period, and the carbon tips look amazing.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:04 AM
Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Prophizee
I have a quicksilver exhaust but I am thinking about switching too the ap one. Even though the Quicksilver sounds amazing and has no drone the fitment isnt 100%. Ive gotten two of them and both had some issues. The current one the passenger side muffler angle doesnt match the driver side. It isnt terrible and I am probably the only one who notices but still its there. But sound wise I havent heard a better sounding exhaust period, and the carbon tips look amazing.
I also had the same issue with the Quicksilver fitment, but they were amazing with customer service. I sent them a few photos and they completely manufactured a new passenger pipe and expressed it over to Tampa, FL. It looks perfect now.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:14 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Keep in mind, this is just one of the exhaust offerings we have. We also have the Sport and Supersport non-valved systems, as well as the touring, which is best paired with 200 cell cats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdIJnPzk0lA
I'd really like to hear it at WOT to red-line - at least through 1st and 2nd and a shift to third.