Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BlueTooth Telephone or Not??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts
Default BlueTooth Telephone or Not??

I can't seem to figure out my telephone, or at least my F-type doesn't seem to. When my wife is in the car and her phone rings, I can answer her phone, no problem. Also, I can call out on her phone. With my phone, I can call out no problem, but when my phone rings, I try to answer(hit the little phone icon on the steering wheel), get a message on infotainment panel 'reconnect or cancel call' or something to that effect, but I cannot answer the phone. That is the only response. I considered trying to cancel my phone's connection, and reconnect the bluetooth connection(reboot) if that might work.
Now I just pull out the phone and answer it by hand, the old fashioned way, almost like Fred and Barney would do.
Any suggestions??

Old 09-13-2017, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
I can't seem to figure out my telephone, or at least my F-type doesn't seem to. When my wife is in the car and her phone rings, I can answer her phone, no problem. Also, I can call out on her phone. With my phone, I can call out no problem, but when my phone rings, I try to answer(hit the little phone icon on the steering wheel), get a message on infotainment panel 'reconnect or cancel call' or something to that effect, but I cannot answer the phone. That is the only response. I considered trying to cancel my phone's connection, and reconnect the bluetooth connection(reboot) if that might work.
Now I just pull out the phone and answer it by hand, the old fashioned way, almost like Fred and Barney would do.
Any suggestions??
Try using the answer button on the center display touch screen to answer the phone next time. Maybe a bad button on your steering wheel.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:45 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

+1. I've always hit the button on the screen - I've never tried the phone button on the steering wheel for anything, ever.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

I tried both. Neither worked with my phone. With my wife's phone, I can answer with the steering wheel button or with the infotainment button. With my phone, I have to open my phone and use it as if it were not hooked into the car. It does ring into the car;however, so I know it has been hooked in. My phone works o.k. on my wife's Cadillac. That's a bad scene.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Go to your phone Bluetooth assuming you got an Android device, make sure call audio is on

Old 09-21-2017, 05:54 AM
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
I tried both. Neither worked with my phone. With my wife's phone, I can answer with the steering wheel button or with the infotainment button. With my phone, I have to open my phone and use it as if it were not hooked into the car. It does ring into the car;however, so I know it has been hooked in. My phone works o.k. on my wife's Cadillac. That's a bad scene.
Give us your phone details, sure as eggs is eggs, someone here will have the same phone and can test/confirm...

Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Every now and then, my iPhone misbehaves via BT - rebooting always fixes it.