F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bring the Activity key to F type

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 09:07 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Bring the Activity key to F type

I just discovered the F pace activity key that is worn like a fitbit but allows the user to go swimming with it on and still retain the use of their car. So far as I know it is only available as an option for the F pace to date.
I would like to encourage Jaguar to extend it to their full range, especially the f type (for purely selfish reasons). Then we can also go to the beach and not worry about someone taking our key while we swim or otherwise pursue activities not compatible with the regular key.
Alternatively, does anyone have ideas how to keep our keys safe from theft or damage?

Old 12-01-2016, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by AbyJag
I just discovered the F pace activity key that is worn like a fitbit but allows the user to go swimming with it on and still retain the use of their car. So far as I know it is only available as an option for the F pace to date.
I would like to encourage Jaguar to extend it to their full range, especially the f type (for purely selfish reasons). Then we can also go to the beach and not worry about someone taking our key while we swim or otherwise pursue activities not compatible with the regular key.
Alternatively, does anyone have ideas how to keep our keys safe from theft or damage?
I believe if you are elevated to the level of Chánzōng Dàshī Zen Master, you don't need a fob to start your F-Type.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:48 AM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh, in that case I should be OK. The material experience of the car made me completely forget to use my astral plane powers - thanks : )

Old 12-01-2016, 08:49 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,066 Likes on 1,371 Posts

A bit of discussion on using InControl in lieu of an activity key, starting halfway through this thread. Don't know if anything was resolved...
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...arting-136904/

Old 12-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
A bit of discussion on using InControl in lieu of an activity key, starting halfway through this thread. Don't know if anything was resolved...
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...arting-136904/
That still leaves you with having to go swimming with your iPhone.