F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Britcar UK Out of Business

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 11:48 AM
Received 126 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Britcar UK Out of Business

I tried to check on the price of a part at Britcar UK only to find they are out of business. Details of what happened are outlined in the FaceBook post at the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/BritcarUK/

Old 01-14-2022, 12:22 PM
Received 124 Likes on 76 Posts

That sucks. It doesn't really surprise me and sadly I can imagine many other UK based companies are facing a similar fate. They obviously had several different problems but the decline in orders must have been pretty heavy... since brexit I and countless other Europeans totally stopped ordering anything online from the UK.

Old 01-14-2022, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 311 Likes on 224 Posts

A sad story and unfortunately probably all too common for small businesses in the current climate.

Old 01-18-2022, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 590 Likes on 317 Posts

Very disappointing to hear, very good to deal with, go my P7 grill from them

Old 05-19-2022, 07:23 PM
Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't have Facebook but if I follow that link, says page doesn't exist...but I see that their website is still up. I'm assuming they are still out of business but did not disable their website? Can anyone confirm?

for those of you like me w/o Facebook, a quick google gave me this from their linkedin page that was posted 5 months ago: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bri...=similar-pages

"We've been waiting for confirmation from the liquidators on what to do going forward, but we're tired of keeping you in the dark. As some of may you know, we are sad to announce the closure of Britcar UK after 15 years of trading. Unfortunately, a series of events meant the business, in its current state, is no longer sustainable. As Duncan wanted to retire, we planned to sell the business in 2020 and invested heavily to improve it as advised by the person interested. Unfortunately, COVID then hit and our planned purchase fell through earlier this year, leaving us in debt and struggling to find a buyer during the pandemic. The issue was then compounded by extremely high shipping rates around the world, and a multitude of issues with import duties and taxes after Brexit that led to a decline in international trade. We believed we could trade out of the situation if we made enough cuts, and indeed were able to yield a slight profit for two months. That is, until the next disaster hit us. In early October, 2 weeks after Scarlett took over to try and turn the business around, our credit card provider contacted us to inform us that the e-commerce platform we were using had massive security issues and we had 30 working days to launch a whole new website and backend or cease trading. We had no choice but to opt for an off-the-shelf website and try to modify it to our needs. Scarlett worked alone on this every night and day, and we launched it with over 400,000 products on the 9th of November. However, we immediately experienced issues with processing orders and receiving goods. There was also a limit on the number of redirects we could have, cutting our organic google presence overnight, which made 50% of our sales. Already being in a precarious position financially, and with these issues compounding the problem, it was evident that we were close to trading insolvently. We made the decision to stop taking payments on 24th November, and shipped out all the parts we had available for customers. We are so sorry to be letting some of you down. Please apply to Paypal and your credit card companies for a refund. For those who paid by other means, please await further instructions from the liquidator once they have decided the next steps. One day, when we sort out a new and improved website, we hope to be able to return again but for now, we want to thank you for your custom and support over the years - it made all the difference. Thank you for choosing Britcar UK."

Last edited by Craaaazzy; 05-19-2022 at 07:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GGG (06-13-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 08:18 PM
Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

I recently got an email from them saying they were back. Seems like maybe they closed for a bit and maybe reorganized etc.

Old 05-19-2022, 09:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,128 Likes on 2,306 Posts

Originally Posted by gg2684
I recently got an email from them saying they were back. Seems like maybe they closed for a bit and maybe reorganized etc.
Yep, they are back!
Here is their F-Type page: https://britcar.com/section.php/14638/1/f_type
Thanks a heap for this heads up, I have always found them to be the cheapest for most F-Type parts and their customer service is top rate.
Cheapest here in Oz that is where there are zero zip zilch sellers of new OEM F-Type parts other than the robber barons otherwise known as JLR dealerships.

The following users liked this post:
Mbourne (05-20-2022)
Old 05-22-2022, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Yep, they are back!
Here is their F-Type page: https://britcar.com/section.php/14638/1/f_type
Thanks a heap for this heads up, I have always found them to be the cheapest for most F-Type parts and their customer service is top rate.
Cheapest here in Oz that is where there are zero zip zilch sellers of new OEM F-Type parts other than the robber barons otherwise known as JLR dealerships.
I'm glad to see they are back. I was able to source a number of parts from them that were otherwise difficult to find here in the U.S. Additionally, their freight rates from the UK were lower than most of the U.S. online distributors.

Old 06-12-2022, 12:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I'm glad to see they are back. I was able to source a number of parts from them that were otherwise difficult to find here in the U.S. Additionally, their freight rates from the UK were lower than most of the U.S. online distributors.
Just made a purchase from Britcar UK and the whole process was seamless with conformation emails for parts ordered and then shipping was calculated and confirmed in a second email. The time stamp from part pick up in England to delivery at my Indiana door step was 2 days when they said it could take 5-6 days.