Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't start

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start

2015 F Type S

so my car won't start at all.... doors lock and unlock,mirrors open, however car doesn't start nor will the electronics come on (radio,ac,etc.) took battery to autozone it was at 75%, recharged to 100% and still nothing. Service advisor at the dealership says he still thinks its the battery and not to trust autozone... any thoughts? i have no warranty and really dont need a 2k bill from the dealership. thanks guys

Old 08-23-2019, 11:04 AM
Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts

possible fuse blow in the trunk on the main power bus bar? did it crank over for extended period of time before this issue? or maybe a loose power wire from the battery to that bus bar or to the start/stop battery?, this is somewhat of a common issue...

Do you have your car or is it at the dealer? i can post pics of this fuse area if you need with instruction on how to test.

The following users liked this post:
Slaytan1c (08-23-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Itismejoshy
possible fuse blow in the trunk on the main power bus bar? did it crank over for extended period of time before this issue? or maybe a loose power wire from the battery to that bus bar or to the start/stop battery?, this is somewhat of a common issue...

Do you have your car or is it at the dealer? i can post pics of this fuse area if you need with instruction on how to test.
i have the car in my garage, and nothing abnormal happened before..just simply wouldn't start one morning. I would love instructions please if you could . thank you

Old 08-23-2019, 11:09 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,396 Likes on 1,061 Posts

How old is the battery?

Old 08-23-2019, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by scm
How old is the battery?
im the second owner, so im assuming its the original battery

Old 08-23-2019, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Slaytan1c
i have the car in my garage, and nothing abnormal happened before..just simply wouldn't start one morning. I would love instructions please if you could . thank you
pop the trunk, and remove the battery well cover and the piece to the right that forms the storage area in the bottom center of the trunk (boot for the over the pond crowd lol)
Once removed you will see a roughly 12'x5' black box in the center with large red leads coming out of it that goes to the battery and the Start/stop battery. pop it open, there will be a few plastic clips you will pull gently to release the lid.
Inside you will find a bus bar with multiple mega fuses ( Looks like THIS). next get a 10mm and unhook the battery from the positive post, and go though all the bolts holding all these wires and fuses down to the bus bar by loosening them slighty and re tightening them, re-hook up the battery to the pos side and try to start, if nothing find a test light or a multi meter and check for 12v power on the right side of all the mega fuses. should have 12v on all of them.

These are the cliffnote version of this and if you need more directions on something above let me know and i will look back to find some pictures of all this. report back and let us know.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:43 AM

pop the trunk, and remove the battery well cover and the piece to the right that forms the storage area in the bottom center of the trunk (boot for the over the pond crowd lol)
Once removed you will see a roughly 12'x5' black box in the center with large red leads coming out of it that goes to the battery and the Start/stop battery. pop it open, there will be a few plastic clips you will pull gently to release the lid.
Inside you will find a bus bar with multiple mega fuses ( Looks like THIS). next get a 10mm and unhook the battery from the positive post, and go though all the bolts holding all these wires and fuses down to the bus bar by loosening them slighty and re tightening them, re-hook up the battery to the pos side and try to start, if nothing find a test light or a multi meter and check for 12v power on the right side of all the mega fuses. should have 12v on all of them.

These are the cliffnote version of this and if you need more directions on something above let me know and i will look back to find some pictures of all this. report back and let us know.
just checked all the bolts , loosened and tightened them like stated...nothing, i dont have a multi meter but i can go buy one

Old 08-23-2019, 12:21 PM

SCM is correct in saying that it actually could be your battery also...if its the original battery and it was 75% when tested it could be that, so its a worthy investment if your keeping the car and trying to avoid a no start issue or random electrical issues down the road (that low or aging batteries are know to cause with these cars). i would grab a battery and a test light/Multi-meter(you just need a basic meter or a cheap test light) my gut would tell me if the radio and dash don't come on its something basic.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:29 PM
Banned
Received 424 Likes on 291 Posts

Have you tried to jump start it?

Old 08-23-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by fujicoupe
Have you tried to jump start it?
tried, not working

Old 08-23-2019, 01:08 PM

SCM is correct in saying that it actually could be your battery also...if its the original battery and it was 75% when tested it could be that, so its a worthy investment if your keeping the car and trying to avoid a no start issue or random electrical issues down the road (that low or aging batteries are know to cause with these cars). i would grab a battery and a test light/Multi-meter(you just need a basic meter or a cheap test light) my gut would tell me if the radio and dash don't come on its something basic.

found this unplugged ..any idea where it plugs to?

Old 08-23-2019, 01:15 PM
Received 356 Likes on 240 Posts

Maybe it is not detecting your key fob? Check out the manual, there is a place near the dash to hold the fob.

Old 08-23-2019, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
Maybe it is not detecting your key fob? Check out the manual, there is a place near the dash to hold the fob.
its not the keyfob, ive gotten that message before ...it wont even turn on at all to allow me to receive messages

Old 08-23-2019, 03:59 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,079 Likes on 1,381 Posts

Might disconnect the battery for 30 seconds, then reconnect. Something might need rebooting after your low battery condition.

Old 08-23-2019, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,135 Likes on 2,310 Posts

Originally Posted by Slaytan1c

found this unplugged ..any idea where it plugs to?
That's not the problem, that plug is used by the dealership for pre-delivery set up and is never used or needed again.

Old 08-28-2019, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Follow up?

Old 08-29-2019, 07:13 AM

hey sorry haven't been online much this week...so to be clear, the "ignition" doesn't come on? (when you press the start button nothing happens, no gauge check, no infotainment, nothin..)

Old 08-29-2019, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Do the doors lock and unlock with the fob?

Old 08-29-2019, 03:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 407 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Do the doors lock and unlock with the fob?
Sure he said the doors open with fob key so battery not totally dead . Me would charge battery over nite and try and start in morning . or buy new battery , could also be a fuel pump or relay issue

Old 08-29-2019, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Originally Posted by George05
Sure he said the doors open with fob key so battery not totally dead . Me would charge battery over nite and try and start in morning . or buy new battery , could also be a fuel pump or relay issue
Mate, should you have this problem it good to know, our car wont even attempt to start if the battery is on the weak side. Where as a regular car will crank to the last breath of a battery. Its could not be fuel pump, it will crank and not fire with no fuel.

Quick Reply: Car won't start