Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 590 Likes on 317 Posts
Default Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic

So went for a days drive today in my 2.0 Dynamic, haven't really taken any pics of the car since getting it, terrible wet day, anyway love the car, can't fault it (yet) hope you like,

You may notice the AWD badge under the R Dynamic, reason been i changed all the badges to black and had them ready to swap over when i got the car, it was hard to get all the dynamic badges and i had to buy the rear one from a dealer which came with AWD on it also , so left it on. As you will see also that the new models have side vent badges, i did the side and front in the caldera red with black lettering, the rear black with red lettering, does look good IMO. The rear had the new P300 badge so swapped it for the R Dynamic, P300 sounded like a grade of sandpaper.

One other thing look very closely can anyone spot something different, details to follow.

Attached Thumbnails Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic-rad1.jpe   Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic-rad11.jpe   Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic-rad3.jpe   Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic-rad6.jpe   Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic-rad9.jpe  

Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic-rad8.jpe   Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic-rad10.jpe  
Old 04-26-2018, 11:20 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,069 Likes on 1,374 Posts

Different other than the twin pipes?

P300 sounded like a grade of sandpaper
Now that's pretty damn funny.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
Different other than the twin pipes?

Now that's pretty damn funny.
Correct is the twin pipes that obvious I now have a popping and banging f-type, The rear box was just removed and straight pipes 3" out to two 4" tail trims. The fabricator did the pipes that i utilized the same connections so i can put back on the rear box at any time, the exhaust button is no longer used. On startup and idle there is a nice heavy sound, thought i might get a boy racer sound but no, lovely, on option D it does a heavy thumping pop like the V6 through each gear, and crackle on lift off, now it's nothing like the V6, different but good. Then there's Dynamic and paddles, well its unreal,why jaguar didn't do this from the start, through the gears and down shift it's just like a gun banging and pops and crackles. On cruising there is no drone what so ever. Think this is the way forward if someone has a 2.0, this is enough to do. My nearest town is a mile away and my wife could hear it banging and popping when driving through, it makes it a different cat and a big smile, so anyone with a 2.0 get to the shop and get the box of and 2 straight pipes out, there is a bit of precise bending to do to get the 4" tips to fit, first pic it the oem box and the next the 3" just inserted in,the last pics of the pipes look a bit low but that was the picture angle as from the main picture they look ok, also you can see the heat shield from the angle to facing up. Some aftermarket exhaust come wit a plate to cover round the pipes like the Quicksilver system, so i done this also, covers it completly, it was a bitch to do.

Attached Thumbnails Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic-off.jpg   Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic-off2.jpg   Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic-off3.jpg   Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic-off1.jpg  

Last edited by powerhouse; 04-26-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:06 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Please make a video if you can so we can hear it! Bet sounds awesome!

Old 04-26-2018, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Selko92
Please make a video if you can so we can hear it! Bet sounds awesome!
Will do , tied up at work for a few days now, will have to get my asstant , the wife, to video while im driving and some drive by noise. Have got some great comments all ready on the sound, as i said it has a nice rumble on idle, quick blasts on the trottle dosn't give it much pops and bangs, probably thats due to the turbo, but driving it is a different story it sounds amazing.

The following 3 users liked this post by powerhouse:
BruceTheQuail (04-26-2018), Mbourne (04-26-2018), Selko92 (04-26-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 01:36 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok at this point you know we are going to need some exhaust clips, right?

Old 04-27-2018, 04:02 PM
Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Thats awesome and i'm eager to hear it as well.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done and do put up a clip please. Did you have it done by an exhaust manufacturer?

Old 04-28-2018, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Garp
Well done and do put up a clip please. Did you have it done by an exhaust manufacturer?
Thanks Garp, Job was done by a Powerflow franchsie , i think they are branded Topgear in the UK, as i said i will do a video ASAP, flat out at work these days, but as i said, if any 2.0 owners want a great sound go for it, most fun is with th paddles and experimenting with the right foot,
https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/topgear-hq

Old 04-30-2018, 08:25 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Great Job ! I will do the same thing next week on mine.

Do you have an homologation for that ? Do you think the sound is loud enough to attract cops attention ?
In what country are you living ? i hope i will not have problems in Switzerland.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by amouch
Great Job ! I will do the same thing next week on mine.

Do you have an homologation for that ? Do you think the sound is loud enough to attract cops attention ?
In what country are you living ? i hope i will not have problems in Switzerland.
I'm In Ireland, it may attract the cops when the banging starts, its like a gun shot, you'll be like dirty harry, but it will make your day

Old 05-09-2018, 07:34 AM

Did you had time to record that crazy exhaust ?

Old 05-25-2018, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by powerhouse
Thanks Garp, Job was done by a Powerflow franchsie , i think they are branded Topgear in the UK, as i said i will do a video ASAP, flat out at work these days, but as i said, if any 2.0 owners want a great sound go for it, most fun is with th paddles and experimenting with the right foot,
https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/topgear-hq
Still no video ? Is the sound that bad ?

Old 05-25-2018, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member

Still no video ? Is the sound that bad ?
Sorry amouch , haven't been driving the car for 2 weeks the wife has, its her daily driver, im the guy who just washes and polishes it have time off work in a few days will get it done dont worry.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:32 PM

Sorry amouch , haven't been driving the car for 2 weeks the wife has, its her daily driver, im the guy who just washes and polishes it have time off work in a few days will get it done dont worry.
no problem thank you. I talked with an exhaust builder in Switzerland and I will replace the complete cat back, they will keep the existing valve and make a custom exhaust. I will post pics and sound before after. They will also do the homologation for the exhaust.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:05 PM
Veteran Member

no problem thank you. I talked with an exhaust builder in Switzerland and I will replace the complete cat back, they will keep the existing valve and make a custom exhaust. I will post pics and sound before after. They will also do the homologation for the exhaust.
A custom exhaust , thats will be good to hear and see, i contacted a lot of aftermarket manufacturers to see would they be making one but got a no from everyone. Will you retain the rectangular tail pipe or go for the twin pipes. have you a pic of your 4 pot.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:33 AM

A custom exhaust , thats will be good to hear and see, i contacted a lot of aftermarket manufacturers to see would they be making one but got a no from everyone. Will you retain the rectangular tail pipe or go for the twin pipes. have you a pic of your 4 pot.
Yeah it was hard to find too, they will build 5 catback lines to be able to do the homologation and sell them.
They Show me a panel of exhaust tips and the guy said to me, bahhh the rectangular looks so much like a boxster, you can go for the twin racing pipes ! I will certaintly go for that.

The following users liked this post:
Arajan (08-26-2020)
Old 05-28-2018, 01:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,272 Likes on 876 Posts

Nice wheels! (I have the same). I have to say that the new front end is growing on me a lot more. At the recent drive day they had the R, the S (or 400), and then the 4 potter doing the hot laps. The R sounds staccato and amazing of course, the 6 is more of a howl, the 4 sounds good but nowhere near as loud except for a lot of grumbling in the overrun which sounded really good.
As I posted in the other thread, the 4 was a revelation being driven byt a professional around the track, just amazingly quick and nimble.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

I would think that the V6 exhaust systems built by VAP in their various sound levels would fit the I4. Plus, they have a switchable exhaust available if the local gendarme is a concern.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Congrats on the exhaust mod and in becoming the first F-Type "Posser" on this forum. People who want to do this should NOT change the badges to something the car is not. If you must, just remove the labeling all together.

The following users liked this post:
FType17 (06-01-2018)

Quick Reply: Day out in the 2.0 F-type R Dynamic