F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynamic Mode UnAvailable Error Code

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dynamic Mode UnAvailable Error Code

Has anyone experienced this problem? My 1014 F type base model has recently developed a problem and does not allow me to select the dynamic mode. When this occurs, it seems as though my power steering becomes more stiff - less power assisted. The error code "Dynamic Mode Unavailable" appears in the instrument cluster display. Restarting the car sometimes resolves the problem.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:13 AM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

This pops up on mine once in a while. Usually right after I've started it and really get into the throttle (car is warm). I think the computer is slower to start than jag wants to admit and it throws up on itself.

Would love to hear a real solution though..

Old 08-26-2017, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

I got the "Adaptive Dynamics Fault. Special Modes Unavailable" message earlier this week. It would clear on restart but come back within a minute or two. It left as mysteriously as it arrived and things are back to normal for the time being.

I'm going in for annual service next week, but expect they'll find nothing.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts

I used to get the dynamic mode unavailable/special modes unavailable message, along with "parking brake fault" pretty regularly. I was able to avoid seeing the messages by charging the battery overnight on a CTEK trickle charger, but since the car is coming off lease and out of warranty I decided to investigate further.

The dealer finally did some emailing to JLR corporate and they diagnosed an intercooler pump failure. They thought I had tracked the car, since both that water pump and the other one (the main water pump) had failed. I hadn't but I do drive it very fast. "As you should" per my wife. I don't think either part should have failed at 29,000 miles.

It did take the dealer awhile to figure out. They claim that without the intercooler pump the intake charge gets hot enough to put the car into some sort of safety mode, the fault codes are there to slow the driver down until the problem gets fixed. That's kind of a joke, I just slid around more, but it is fixed now and the messages have not come back. I drove the car in the desert after the fix, quickly, so I'm pretty sure it is ok.

No idea what it would have cost if it wasn't under warranty, but it sure took a long time to fix and I think the whole damned nose was probably off the car, it was pretty scratched up when I got it back. Good luck, hopefully your experience is better than mine.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

Since mine popped up very quickly after startup (before it left as mysteriously as it arrived) I doubt it's the intercooler pump, but I'll keep my eyes open for a recurrence and will see if any codes or diagnostic data are available.