F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynamic Volume Control?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Dynamic Volume Control?

I was just reading some comments about the F-Type on another web site. Someone posted

"I wish the Dynamic Volume Control worked better, it is not bad but just doesn't adjust the radio volume as my last car."

Does the F-Type even have this feature? I don't recall any controls for it.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:52 AM
Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Dynamic Volume control on upgraded Meridian Audio

There's no mention of Dynamic Volume control in either version of the pdf owner's manuals but the following :

"MERIDIAN tm AUDIO SYSTEM

The standard 380W Meridian tm sound system features 10 speakers with exceptional clarity and dynamics. The optional 770W Meridian Surround Sound system features Meridian's industry-leading digital sound processing. Its 12 speakers produce an incredible surround sound performance. The system includes Meridian's Trifield system and Dolby Pro Logic IIx.

In both the 380W and 770W systems Dynamic Volume Control constantly compensates for changes in ambient sound giving consistently high quality audio.

Meanwhile Meridian tm Cabin Correction (MCC) delivers a smoother, more natural sound, adding clarity and definition to every instrument. MCC incorporates a precise acoustic analysis of the F-TYPE cabin and special digital filters to balance reverberation and enhance listening pleasure."

from 2014 Used Jaguar F-TYPE 2dr Conv V6 at Autobahn Jaguar Fort Worth Serving Fort Worth, Dallas, TX, IID 10344276

suggests it's there on the upgraded audio systems.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Jag US web Site

The web site that allows you to custom build your "perfect" F-Type states for both sound systems "Dynamic Volume Control constantly compensates for changes in ambient sound levels to ensure the consistently high quality of your entertainment" My car has the 770W system and when it seems to change the volume as I speed up or slow down, it do only does a fair job of matching levels to outside sounds. What I have found is that if both windows are up or down it works better than if only one window is down with the top down.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 770W system and agree that the dynamic volume control does a poor job. Even with my top up, windows closed, and with the active sport exhaust in "quiet" mode, I find myself constantly adjusting the volume when I come to a stoplight and when I get up to speed. I searched for a while in the settings menu and couldn't find a way of adjusting the sensitivity of the volume control like in my other cars. Fortunately the F-type's exhaust note is so sweet, I don't listen to the audio system very often.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

In my Aston Martin, there was an adjustment for this feature, and it worked reasonably well.

In the F-Type it really doesn't seem to work at all.

A minor annoyance.