F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar F-Type V6 S Tune & Pulley Package (video)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 11:05 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts
Default ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar F-Type V6 S Tune & Pulley Package (video)

Known for being the first to introduce a truly potent ECU performance tune and pulley upgrade for the F-Types, both 5.0L and 3.0L, our packages have been producing consistent and reliable power since the summer of 2013 for Jaguar's 3.0L line up.

By reprogramming the ECU, not only were we able to increase the power of this V6 S F-Type, we were also able to remove the speed limiter, hesitation/flat spots, and raise the RPM all while improving fuel economy by 10-15%. Stock figures for the top-class 3.0L supercharged variant is 380hp 339tq, after the installation of our performance package power jumps up to 456hp 412ltq! Tested on our Superflow Autodyn-880E awd linked dyno.

These are also the same figures owners of the standard V6 S/C models can expect as well. When it comes to the pulley upgrade, installation is a simple procedure. Thanks to our unique Jaguar pulley puller, designed specifically for the 3.0L and 5.0L, removal of the factory pulley can be completed in as little as 15 minutes with no damage to the pulley itself.

For owners who are not accessible to any of our dealers, you are in luck. We are offering a new package where you will be able to reprogram your vehicle through the OBD II port in the comfort of your own home. The process is simple, safe, and easy. Contact us directly for more information.

For more information on our Jaguar applications, please feel free to contact us with any questions.

Attached Files

Last edited by sales@ECU Tuning Group; 07-22-2017 at 03:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mahjik (07-22-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 07:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Are you changing the supercharger pulley, crank pulley or both?

Funfactor (07-26-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 08:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Are you changing the supercharger pulley, crank pulley or both?
Hi Unhinged, our package replaces the supercharger pulley and utilizes the factory crank pulley.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
Hi Unhinged, our package replaces the supercharger pulley and utilizes the factory crank pulley.
I would challenge your ability to achieve 450hp at the crank with a tune and nothing more than a 2.5% reduction pulley. May we see your data chart straight off the dyno?

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Funfactor (07-26-2017), Mpowerr (07-23-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 03:22 PM
Former Sponsor

I would challenge your ability to achieve 450hp at the crank with a tune and nothing more than a 2.5% reduction pulley. May we see your data chart straight off the dyno?
Hi Unhingd, no challenge necessary. When we're back in the office next week we can get one out to you if you'd like! We've completed this particular application over the last four years more times than we can count. With a very strong and proven following of satisfaction.

We'll be the first to say, we're not for everyone. And I think it's safe to say that all tuners/tuning brands create and implement their own style of tuning. So we're simply here to showcase what we've done and what we're doing, as a company, in the industry...nothing more.

So no need for challenges, just offering options for those in the market looking to have fun with their Jaguars!

Oh, and one last note. Not saying you're implying this by any means, but we have run into the second guessing of our video/printouts (which is the nature of the beast of course). So we invite anyone interested in a live demonstration to visit our dyno facility on the east coast, because nothing beats seeing it in person!

Funfactor (07-26-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Unhingd, no challenge necessary. When we're back in the office next week we can get one out to you if you'd like! We've completed this particular application over the last four years more times than we can count. With a very strong and proven following of satisfaction.

We'll be the first to say, we're not for everyone. And I think it's safe to say that all tuners/tuning brands create and implement their own style of tuning. So we're simply here to showcase what we've done and what we're doing, as a company, in the industry...nothing more.

So no need for challenges, just offering options for those in the market looking to have fun with their Jaguars!

Oh, and one last note. Not saying you're implying this by any means, but we have run into the second guessing of our video/printouts (which is the nature of the beast of course). So we invite anyone interested in a live demonstration to visit our dyno facility on the east coast, because nothing beats seeing it in person!
Thank you for your considered response. I would indeed be interested in seeing the perfornance, a/f and boost data over the entire engine speed range. Where is your east coast facility located?

Last edited by Unhingd; 07-22-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Funfactor (07-26-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 03:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Thank you for your considered response. I would indeed be interested in seeing the perfornance, a/f and boost data over the entire engine speed range. Where is your east coast facility located?
We have several east coast locations, but our dyno is located in our Ohio branch. Feel free to reach out to them directly if you'd like to schedule a visit!

Phone: (929) 265-8863 / Email: Ohio@ECUTuningGroup.com

Funfactor (07-26-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 04:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,
Your F&Q's say that your tuning is undetectable. This would be the first ECU tuning that I have heard of that is undetectable by the factory scanning tools . How do you do it. Also what type of a warranty do yo provide if there is engine damage.

Funfactor (07-26-2017)
Old 07-22-2017, 06:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bugeye1959
Hello,
Your F&Q's say that your tuning is undetectable. This would be the first ECU tuning that I have heard of that is undetectable by the factory scanning tools . How do you do it. Also what type of a warranty do yo provide if there is engine damage.
Great questions Bugeye1959!

When it comes to how we accomplish our undetectable tuning, that treads into proprietary waters lol. But I can tell you one of the reasons is by not adjusting or changing the actual factory "signature" in the ECU. With the majority of our clients having current model F-Types (2013-2017), we've had no issues come up during or after any of their service or warranty visits. Actually not any make or model that we've completed in our 25+ years of experience for that matter. Not to mention, our own personal vehicles as well. We offer a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software, and provide up to 2 complimentary re-flashes towards dealer updates!

Funfactor (07-26-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 10:52 PM
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Great questions Bugeye1959!

When it comes to how we accomplish our undetectable tuning, that treads into proprietary waters lol. But I can tell you one of the reasons is by not adjusting or changing the actual factory "signature" in the ECU. With the majority of our clients having current model F-Types (2013-2017), we've had no issues come up during or after any of their service or warranty visits. Actually not any make or model that we've completed in our 25+ years of experience for that matter. Not to mention, our own personal vehicles as well. We offer a limited lifetime warranty against defects in the software, and provide up to 2 complimentary re-flashes towards dealer updates!

So let me get this straight, if I get a tune through ETG, and then a month or a year later my motor grenades itself for any random reason and I take it to the dealer, they wont know there was a tune on the car? Is that correct? If so, do you stand by that statement? If they do find it to be tuned and refuse warranty coverage, would ETG step in to make things right?

The reason I want to clarify this is because no other tuner other than ECU TUNING GROUP states that their tune is undetectable, so if I decide to proceed with getting my car tuned by ETG you would then of course back it up if the **** hit the fan and the dealer denies warranty due to the tune?

Funfactor (07-26-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 11:23 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NoScurdyJags
So let me get this straight, if I get a tune through ETG, and then a month or a year later my motor grenades itself for any random reason and I take it to the dealer, they wont know there was a tune on the car? Is that correct? If so, do you stand by that statement? If they do find it to be tuned and refuse warranty coverage, would ETG step in to make things right?

The reason I want to clarify this is because no other tuner other than ECU TUNING GROUP states that their tune is undetectable, so if I decide to proceed with getting my car tuned by ETG you would then of course back it up if the **** hit the fan and the dealer denies warranty due to the tune?
I'm also interested in this...

Old 07-25-2017, 02:10 PM
Received 351 Likes on 236 Posts

I think I hear crickets.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default The next thing you'll read ...

Is that they are a division of the DINAN corporation. Guys ... you've heard of snake oil? Come on now....

Old 07-25-2017, 05:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NoScurdyJags

Hi NoScurdyJags, great questions! I'll start by saying yes, the dealer does not have the appropriate tooling to read the ECU that in-depth (not saying that can't change in the future). Now, the manufacturer however, can read and would be able to identify the changes...obviously. So in the case of your engine "grenading", the dealer is instructed by Jaguar to send the ECU in for further investigation. Now at this point, it's all in Jaguar's hands of how they want to handle it. Which in real world experience, Jaguar is probably one of the fairest marquees out there, as a similar situation occurred with a client of ours in the east coast.

Here's what happen. Our client had his XJL in for one of our packages, almost 12 months later he visits the dealership for an oil change before a long road trip north. During his trip his motor "grenades", and is no longer drive-able. The client is confused and upset, wondering what may have caused this? Come to found out, the dealership didn't not fasten the drain plug during his visit and all the oil leaked out. Now, regardless of the story on how it happened, Jaguar still required the ECU to be sent for further investigation. Jaguar's response? Even though it had altered programming, the issue that caused the engine failure was not related to the tune...so the motor was covered under warranty. Which the dealership was extremely happy about, because they were going to have to put in a motor either way...they just didn't have to pay for it lol.

Moral of the story. Yes, it is undetectable to dealers (currently). Yes, ETG will stand up for anything related or caused by it's software. Now, do we take accountability for something unrelated to us? Like someone wanting to tamper with internal parts, while it's loaded with our tune and something happens, blame it on the software and says it's all ETG's fault? I shouldn't have to answer that question, because like Jaguar, we treat ever client fairly...period.

This is an aftermarket upgrade, not a factory one. So just like when you change anything else, you have to be comfortable with your choices. Like we've mentioned before, we're not for everyone.

To answer RGPV6S, you must live in a very peaceful place to hear crickets...must be nice!

Ubad2, we are in no way associated with DINAN. And yes, we have heard of snake oil...why? Are you selling some?

Like we've mentioned before, if anyone truly interested in our packages want to know or learn more about what ETG has to offer. Please feel free to visit any of our locations closest to you and speak with us.

The client story from above is one of our ETG Carolinas clients, so feel free to give them a call. Even touch base with client if you'd like. Honestly, with what the cars cost and these packages cost, why not invest $150 or so and fly out and meet the client, dealership, or ETG branch for yourself? Nothing beats an in-person experience!

Last note, unfortunately the forums are not our priority as our schedule stay busy. So if we don't respond right away, please be patient. This is an outlet for us to share what we've done and what we're doing...nothing more.

Can't wait to meet a few of you in person!

The following 2 users liked this post by sales@ECU Tuning Group:
Brutal (07-27-2017), Funfactor (07-26-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 08:38 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Yup ......

Put the snake oil in your Jaguar gas tank and it will make the car go faster.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ubad2
Put the snake oil in your Jaguar gas tank and it will make the car go faster.
Nice... lol

Old 07-26-2017, 08:47 AM
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Lots of skepticism on this forum it seems.

Does anyone on this forum have one of your tunes who can chime in?

If not, I have a 2016 V6S (with mostly appearance mods) and would be happy to review your home-tune option here and on YouTube.

DM me if interested.

sales@ECU Tuning Group (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 09:28 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

They tuned my 2010 jaguar xfr --- never had it on dyno but the difference was night and day --- they also installed a pulley ---- drove it hard and fast for 3 years and never had any issues whatsoever. Sold the car 3 years ago and it's still running trouble free !! ----- these guys are not new at this game -- been tuning for a long time

The following 3 users liked this post by frank james:
Funfactor (07-26-2017), jfranks (07-26-2017), sales@ECU Tuning Group (07-26-2017)
Old 07-27-2017, 01:26 AM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

ETG you are playing semantic word games with dealer vs manufacture. What undetectable tune means to most people is that no one not even the manufacturer can detect that a tune was ever applied when loading the OEM tune back on the car. If jaguar can detect it then it's not undetectable. No one cares if the dealer can detect it or not, people care about there warranty with the manufacturer. You shouldn't make such claims confusing novice customers wanting a tune.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by zmoothg
ETG you are playing semantic word games with dealer vs manufacture. What undetectable tune means to most people is that no one not even the manufacturer can detect that a tune was ever applied when loading the OEM tune back on the car. If jaguar can detect it then it's not undetectable. No one cares if the dealer can detect it or not, people care about there warranty with the manufacturer. You shouldn't make such claims confusing novice customers wanting a tune.
No at all zmoothg, actually I think my last response is pretty cut and dry in explaining the difference. I wouldn't agree with you that know one cares if the dealer can detect it...because 99% of a client's issues with their Jaguar is handle by a dealership at a dealership. (where undetectably matters)

This biggest complaints we've heard from people, even with other brands like audi or bmw, is they took their car in for a basic service and the service writer noted that during a software update their scanner picked up alternative software. That's why we do what we do. But if the root of yours or anyone's fear is having to deal directly with Jaguar or your motor blowing after some time because it's "tuned"? Then this product is simply not for you, and we tell every client that before purchasing.

And again, I can't preach this enough, we're not for everyone. We are simply here to showcase our work. You have questions we have answers, and I feel like we've been completely transparent in the process.

If I'm being honest, some people might say that comments like yours are what add confusion and drama to thread based product info...but luckily I'm not just some person, so feel free to come and visit us. We can hangout on the dyno and have some pizza!

Brutal (07-27-2017)