F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Light

Here we go again. I got the car back and had a moth of fun driving after new Alternator and Battery were installed. Today was hot day and when I got home my engine light came on and we ran diagnostic and it has 7E8 code.

After getting the car home from Dealership we noticed that there was glue on the air intake valve like someone broke it and tried to glue it up. Very tacky.

I am thinking that this new issue is caused by hole in the air intake.
So very sad.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,652 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaguar4Me
Here we go again. I got the car back and had a moth of fun driving after new Alternator and Battery were installed. Today was hot day and when I got home my engine light came on and we ran diagnostic and it has 7E8 code.

After getting the car home from Dealership we noticed that there was glue on the air intake valve like someone broke it and tried to glue it up. Very tacky.

I am thinking that this new issue is caused by hole in the air intake.
So very sad.
7E8 is not code but a menu for the engine data stream. What is the actual error code (P00xxx)?

Old 05-22-2017, 07:28 PM

My husband said it said it was something about lean air mixture in right bank. Just hoping that she makes it to the Dealership. We had an extra warm day today so hopefully it is just the air intake that has a hole in it and not something major with the engine. Boy these cars are very temperamental.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:03 PM

What is your VIN number? There is a possibility that there might be outstanding campaigns on your vehicle. I can look these up for you. Typically engine lights illuminate on the instrument cluster when the oxygen sensors require attention.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:52 PM

SAJWA6FC4E8K04418 is the VIN. The dealer just recently did some work and I think that they broke something. Very sad.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:54 AM

No outstanding campaigns, so everything checks out there. Engines are sensitive to air leaks so make sure they replace the damaged part with a new genuine assembly

Old 05-23-2017, 01:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,148 Likes on 2,319 Posts

It's not clear what you mean by "glue on the air intake valve".
The F-Type, both V6 and V8, has two air intakes which join in a Y in the middle which then goes into a central intake, and the only "valve" is the throttle plate deep inside the Y you can't see it. Here's a pic of an F-Type V6 engine bay: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cTIdw-trsm...8-S-Engine.jpg
The air intakes are on the RHS of that pic, ie at the front of the engine.
I have a feeling you are talking about the pipe/tube that runs from near the middle of the right hand intake tube (looking at the car from the front) back towards the engine, just showing near the top of that pic. A crack or hole in that tube or in the join could cause the code you are seeing.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:56 AM

Yes are correct it is the pipe/tube that runs on both sides in the front of the engine is what they broke then tried to fix it up with silicone sealant. Pretty tacky that a dealership did this. Breaks my heart but I will take her back in and complain. I think that this is why she has this error code. She just recently had to have her alternator replaced would they need to be in that area to replace her alternator? Or I had another Jaguar Dealership do a service and they replaced filters and maybe they broke it. I just believe that it was not this way when I bought the car. But kind of hard to prove this. I guess I need to take pictures and check under the engine now when I pick up my car from being worked on. Ugh. Really you figure that a Jaguar Dealership would be more respectful than that. Thank you so much for all of the help.