Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-type coupe almost too beautiful!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,595 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by bjg625
Las Vegas is the capital of " people care " especially on weekends. There are more high end retail here than our size would suggest. Been looking for that $500,000 Richard Mille watch? We have it available in several locations! Looking at the woman, well worth doing, you would think Louis Vuitton and Christian Louboutin $700 pumps were a woman's birthright, of course not my wife she deserves anything she needs (in case she reads this).
Maine is just the opposite - and I actually love that about the state (different certainly from my home town of NYC) - with the vast majority of people not caring about [your] cars but you. This is, after all, part of New England. There are, of course, exceptions (including DJS) but as a general "rule" I've found it to be true.

By the way, please put me down for one of those $500,000 watches.

Best regards and Happy "I don't give a s#%^ what other people think" Motoring,
Jay

Old 05-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
If you want to feel like an a-hole, do what I do...put it in dynamic mode and drive in 2nd gear around town. Make sure you accel/decel from every stop light. I'm positive a lot of people think I'm a d-bag when they hear me, but who cares! End of the day, everybody goes back/on with their lives...do what makes you happy.
Lol, I do that

Old 05-13-2015, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member
Default A "Sticky" Situation

Didn't think this warranted a new thread but just after starting the car in my parking garage today I noticed a little sticky attached to my drivers side window with the following message:

Truly stunning car. Congrats. Enjoy it! Sincerely, Parking Lot Neighbor.

The following users liked this post:
burnie (05-16-2015)
Old 05-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 294 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Didn't think this warranted a new thread but just after starting the car in my parking garage today I noticed a little sticky attached to my drivers side window with the following message:

OMG, how dare someone actually put a STICKY on the car?

Old 05-13-2015, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,652 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Trance raver
Lol, I do that
Please try to be a bit considerate around the general population**. We don't want the bad rep of Porsche, BMW and Acura drivers (Acura drivers in this area are real a$$holes). That's how cars get keyed.

**Tunnels are open season, however.

BierNut (05-13-2015)
Old 05-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Please try to be a bit considerate around the general population**. We don't want the bad rep of Porsche, BMW and Acura drivers (Acura drivers in this area are real a$$holes). That's how cars get keyed.

100% with you on this. The stigma attached to Porsche/BMW drivers is a big part of why I went with Jaguar.

Old 05-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 294 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy

Parking garages too...

Old 05-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

And the prize for Today's Winning Moment goes to... RickyJay!!!

Old 05-14-2015, 08:03 AM
Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

You can always cover it up with the fitted car cover.
Nah, that doesn't work, it looks gorgeous covered too!
Stupid option I only used once, who wants to keep it clean? The more often it gets dirty the more often I get to wash it....

Old 05-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Sunday I had lunch at a four season hotel and when I pulled up the parking manager came over and asked if it was okay if they could park it in front. Why not I said as I cam out it was parked next to 2 Aston Martins, A rolls and a Lambo. It held its own right along side all of them.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TXJagR
OMG, how dare someone actually put a STICKY on the car?
Too easy TXJagR...I just knew someone would chime in with exactly that comment. Good thing she - yes, it was definitely a "she" - placed it on the glass.

Best regards,
Jay

Old 05-14-2015, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzRisk
And the prize for Today's Winning Moment goes to... RickyJay!!!
Nice to know Scott that there are others out there, including the opposite sex (even those of the opposite sex who are attracted to Lambos ), who appreciate a gorgeous automobile and care about treating their and other people's cars with respect [i.e. not simply crashing open their doors when parking next to them].

Best regards,
Jay

Old 05-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TR64ever
Stupid option I only used once, who wants to keep it clean? The more often it gets dirty the more often I get to wash it....
I too have a form-fitting cover - and, yes, unless the car is clean (which means I'm not driving it) I'm not using it - and quite agree that it looks fabulous even when covered.

Attached Thumbnails F-type coupe almost too beautiful!-cover-3.jpg   F-type coupe almost too beautiful!-cover-2.jpg  
Old 05-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TR64ever
Where did you buy the cover from?

Old 05-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by BierNut
100% with you on this. The stigma attached to Porsche/BMW drivers is a big part of why I went with Jaguar.
Prius is #1, and most of us can attest to that.

Ten Cars That Aren't Only For ********

Old 05-14-2015, 05:03 PM
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalJagS
Prius is #1, and most of us can attest to that.

Ten Cars That Aren't Only For ********
Don't forget about gold Camry's and Sienna's

Old 05-14-2015, 06:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

I too have a form-fitting cover - and, yes, unless the car is clean (which means I'm not driving it) I'm not using it - and quite agree that it looks fabulous even when covered.
Gee, that black (Stratus Grey?) car cover looks great. Where did you buy that, Jay? Online? Maybe I could order one from here.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzRisk
Gee, that black (Stratus Grey?) car cover looks great. Where did you buy that, Jay? Online? Maybe I could order one from here.
Coverking and it's their Satin Stretch Custom Car Cover Scott (for indoor use only) and if I can help you buy one, it would be my pleasure if you run into trouble getting it shipped to you. Look for a PM from me shortly after this post.

Best regards and good morning to you!
Jay

OzRisk (05-15-2015)
Old 05-14-2015, 07:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I almost hate to have to return to the original topic. Hey, f_in_seattle, The Jag is my daily driver too and it just turned 1200 mi and I still go out to the garage just to admire it too, and it gets parked among the SUVs of the local soccer moms, and hell yes, it stands out.

However, my personal experience has been that I am shocked at how little attention it seems to get. I think Shift nailed it: "99% of people are not remotely interested in cars. They probably don't even notice you." Yeah, okay, and for the perceptive 1%, good for them.

All the same, no amount of admiration comes close to being the lucky person actually driving the car and enjoying the car. In the fun-to-drive category, this car gets about an 11, and nobody else's opinion can make THAT feeling go away.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:41 PM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by lordpeterk
I almost hate to have to return to the original topic. Hey, f_in_seattle, The Jag is my daily driver too and it just turned 1200 mi and I still go out to the garage just to admire it too, and it gets parked among the SUVs of the local soccer moms, and hell yes, it stands out.

However, my personal experience has been that I am shocked at how little attention it seems to get. I think Shift nailed it: "99% of people are not remotely interested in cars. They probably don't even notice you." Yeah, okay, and for the perceptive 1%, good for them.

All the same, no amount of admiration comes close to being the lucky person actually driving the car and enjoying the car. In the fun-to-drive category, this car gets about an 11, and nobody else's opinion can make THAT feeling go away.
Of course no one notices, look where you live.

Quick Reply: F-type coupe almost too beautiful!