Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 11:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and how much do you pay?

Old 01-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by MAS 177
and how much do you pay?
I purchased an R. Bit of a different situation.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:49 AM

This car is for my wife.
I have a porsche carrera S and a Alfa romeo 4c.

This is an excellent deal for what it is.

I am looking for people that leased a 2017 base.
I want to know how much they are paying. You are obviously not part of this category.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:51 AM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by MAS 177
This car is for my wife.
I have a porsche carrera S and a Alfa romeo 4c.

This is an excellent deal for what it is.

I am looking for people that leased a 2017 base.
I want to know how much they are paying. You are obviously not part of this category.
So you asked whether the deal is good and then informed us the deal is good. Hmmm... seems legit.

Anyway, love the 4C. Those things are a blast.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by LobsterClaws
So you asked whether the deal is good and then informed us the deal is good. Hmmm... seems legit.

Anyway, love the 4C. Those things are a blast.
not sure why you say deal is not good just because i put 5k down and you call it "madness".

we found one guy that has a better deal because of his connections.
i am curious if there is someone else with a better legit deal than this.
i am not here to brag.
i am just trying to determine if my negotiation skills worked. I think they did.

Alfa Romeo 4c is a blast. I commute in it.
you must be small or you won t fit lol

Attached Thumbnails F Type Lease question-4c.jpg  
Old 01-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

I side with LobsterClaws here. No matter how good you think your deal is, it should have been better...without money down.

Larry

Old 01-30-2017, 04:59 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Money down on a lease is simply buying down the lease payment.

And you're not exactly endearing yourself with the attitude...

Still, welcome to the forum and I hope you like the car as much as we all do.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:25 PM

ok

bye

Old 01-30-2017, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 188 Posts

With used car prices dropping so will residuals, 54% sounds good!

Old 01-31-2017, 11:00 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SGT h0llywood
Im sorry i went to bed. I didnt know my silence meant envy. You asked if someone had a better deal, i said i did. I didn't know you wanted to see the numbers.

Ive pointed it out in numerous threads, i get employee discounts. So, to answer your question, yes i have a better deal.

76k Ftype premium, 0 down i pay $520 per month.
what was the net cap to get this monthly payment?

Old 02-04-2017, 11:02 AM
Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Any 2017 R numbers??

Does anybody have any 2017 lease numbers for an R? 3 year/36,000 miles?

The following users liked this post:
BostonKiller (02-04-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by XFactoR
Does anybody have any 2017 lease numbers for an R? 3 year/36,000 miles?

Should not be too different from the 2016, no?

Old 02-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

The residual values and money factor are set by the leasing company. The highest residuals values are on the base models, and your number looks in line.

From my perspective, the only "deal" to be made is the discount you negotiate off MSRP. You got approx 9% off. Some people have seen more, myself included, but it's still a decent amount.

Comparing monthly payment numbers is irrelevant. There are too many other factors (term, mileage allowance, model, state sales tax, MSRP) so unless you are talking about an identical car, any comparison based on monthly payment is always going to be apples vs oranges.

That said, it's one helluva lot of car for the numbers you were quoted. I'd say "pull the trigger" and enjoy!

Old 02-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

For 2017 F Type R I'd say a good deal would be under $1000 per month with tax, with $0 at signing (as in they pay for all the fees, registration, tax, etc. AND they cover your first month's payment).

Old 02-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by LobsterClaws
Putting money down on a lease is madness. Automatically makes it a bad deal.
Putting money down is just another way of lowering your payments. Every $1,000 down basically lowers your payment by $30. per month.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac
The residual values and money factor are set by the leasing company. The highest residuals values are on the base models, and your number looks in line.

From my perspective, the only "deal" to be made is the discount you negotiate off MSRP. You got approx 9% off. Some people have seen more, myself included, but it's still a decent amount.

Comparing monthly payment numbers is irrelevant. There are too many other factors (term, mileage allowance, model, state sales tax, MSRP) so unless you are talking about an identical car, any comparison based on monthly payment is always going to be apples vs oranges.

That said, it's one helluva lot of car for the numbers you were quoted. I'd say "pull the trigger" and enjoy!
Please be aware, while the Residual is set by the lease company, different companies have different residuals for the same car. Also, the Money Factor is negotiable. A dealer can, and often does mark it up from a base rate, since it is potentially a profit center for the dealership.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
Putting money down is just another way of lowering your payments. Every $1,000 down basically lowers your payment by $30. per month.
the reason people frown upon putting money down upfront is because of a certain risk that it comes with. We know it lowers your payment, but lets say you put $10k down (cap cost reduction) and you total your car the minute you walk out of the dealership.......you lose that money instantly.

at the end of the day the benefit is minimal. If you total the money spent after a 3 year lease, i think overall it ends up being a few hundred dollars difference for a car that was (total monthly + money down) vs (total monthly + 0 down)...benefit being monthly + money down.

but it ends up being a personal decision based on your situation. to me i would rather not put money down and have it in my pocket for other investments and try to get a higher return.

Some dealership (in some states) allow you to do a multiple security deposit. This is a totally smart idea! I did it for my BMW. you end up paying $5-7k upfront (its calculated as 7 x your monthly rounded to the nearest hundred) and it lowers your monthly payment by 30 or so....and then you get it all back.

The following 2 users liked this post by carzaddict:
BostonKiller (02-06-2017), LobsterClaws (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by carzaddict
the reason people frown upon putting money down upfront is because of a certain risk that it comes with. We know it lowers your payment, but lets say you put $10k down (cap cost reduction) and you total your car the minute you walk out of the dealership.......you lose that money instantly.

at the end of the day the benefit is minimal. If you total the money spent after a 3 year lease, i think overall it ends up being a few hundred dollars difference for a car that was (total monthly + money down) vs (total monthly + 0 down)...benefit being monthly + money down.

but it ends up being a personal decision based on your situation. to me i would rather not put money down and have it in my pocket for other investments and try to get a higher return.

Some dealership (in some states) allow you to do a multiple security deposit. This is a totally smart idea! I did it for my BMW. you end up paying $5-7k upfront (its calculated as 7 x your monthly rounded to the nearest hundred) and it lowers your monthly payment by 30 or so....and then you get it all back.
Contract terms obviously differ between markets, but in the UK your Insurer will do new for old for the first 12 months. You might want to consider Gap Insurance for the year after that, as totalling the car may mean that there's quite a difference between the market value (which your insurer will pay out), and how much you still owe on the Lease.

Old 02-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very well stated Carzaddict. One more point to add is the down payment is taxable in states with sales tax. One of the few benefits of leasing is to not get stung with the fat tax bill up front.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

I do know that Jaguar Credit also know as Chase does not do multiple security deposits. I put money down on my lease to get my payment where I wanted it to be. It worked for me as I was trying to stay within a budget going forward. It is all a matter of personal preference.