F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-TYPE R Infortainment Glitches

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 06:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-TYPE R Infortainment Glitches

Has anyone had issues with their infotainment system, particularly the NAV and incontrol apps screen going blank? I've had this happen a few times now and it magically fixes itself after sitting overnight, but its getting irritating. When the screen goes black, just the NAV Map goes dark. The buttons are still there and it will still tell me what road I'm on, but there is no picture of a map at all. I've tried turning the car off and on again, but can't get it to reset. The other day, I plugged my phone in and the in-control app screen popped up for a second and went black. I was able to fix it by pressing the home button, but thats when I noticed the NAV screen had the issue again. When it happened before, I hadn't plugged the phone in.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 214 Posts

Is the rest of the infotainment screen okay - temperature, radio etc ? If it's just the map display I would suspect some corruption of the map data on the internal hard drive, which might be the drive or just reloading the map data. Sounds like a visit to the dealer if you can repro it on demand.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:40 AM

Yes, its at the dealer now. One morning I got in the car and a message that said "Battery Low" Start Engine Immediately was on the screen. I suspect that the infotainment system didn't go to sleep and drained the battery. The nav display had been out for a week and the in-control apps were crashed during that time too. The good news is that it must have reset the system, because its worked ok since.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 641 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by daily_jag
Yes, its at the dealer now. One morning I got in the car and a message that said "Battery Low" Start Engine Immediately was on the screen. I suspect that the infotainment system didn't go to sleep and drained the battery.
Likely unrelated. Any chance you plugged something into the OBD port recently? That is the most likely cause and this can be fixed by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:53 AM

Yes, actually I have plugged an ODBC dongle into it at one time. I don't remember exactly when. If you hold your valet button in for 40+ seconds and press the video button, do you get a blank screen or a NAV map?