F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type S Coupe "Active Exhaust Not Working".

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Type S Coupe "Active Exhaust Not Working".

2017 F-Type S Coupe manual transmission, active exhaust broken, intermittently cuts in and out in exhaust mode, " exhaust button depressed". Thinking exhaust vacuum valve from active exhaust broken, as i often hear a metallic clunking in exhaust at low rpm's, especially when dropping rpm from 2000 down, where usually i used to get the exhaust burbles. in "Race Mode" though no problems, except it eats gas like a thirsty Arab drinks water.. lol! this is when valves are are straight open as. So I am presuming something wrong with the baffles that open close, being dislodged or broken, hence the metallic crushing tin can sound.. booked appointment at dealer, 2 weeks to go till they have a appointment. between us it has been my experience that most of the dealers i have been to, Jag and for my other cars, Benz, BMW are incompetent, and always mess something up. so I prefer to keep away from them like a kid with rotten teeth keeps away from the dentist lol! Any one else have the same issue with the active exhaust NOT working correctly when "Exhaust button depressed"?

Old 09-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I had an issue where my active exhaust stopped working, after multiple visits it turned out to be bad ground. Took a while to get it resolved.