F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type SVR Production numbers and more

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 03:04 PM
Received 206 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by gearFX
Off topic, I know, but I would love to see data like this for F-Pace SVRs too.
I have had quite a few people ask me about F-Pace SVR production numbers here and through Instagram. I don’t want to say it will never be done by someone but it would require many many many manhours.
To get a detailed breakdown like I compiled, a subscription on Jaguar Topix system is now required and will be hard and time consuming since it requires looking at the specs one by one. This is now something that takes about 10x longer than it used to because the system was changed last year and you now have to drill down in the vehicle info page to get the details. Best bet to get at least some figures on the F-Pace SVR is to ask a forum user on this thread that has a friend that works for JLR and has access to production info. He was able to confirm my numbers.

The following users liked this post:
gearFX (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 05:34 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ftyperegistry
I have had quite a few people ask me about F-Pace SVR production numbers here and through Instagram. I don’t want to say it will never be done by someone but it would require many many many manhours.
To get a detailed breakdown like I compiled, a subscription on Jaguar Topix system is now required and will be hard and time consuming since it requires looking at the specs one by one. This is now something that takes about 10x longer than it used to because the system was changed last year and you now have to drill down in the vehicle info page to get the details. Best bet to get at least some figures on the F-Pace SVR is to ask a forum user on this thread that has a friend that works for JLR and has access to production info. He was able to confirm my numbers.
Thanks for the suggestion and tips. I don't have any JLR connections at the moment, but who knows, that may change. Keep up the good work, you do a great service for this enthusiast community!

Old 09-29-2021, 03:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 625 Likes on 529 Posts

Can’t seem to find it because I have never posted/published the breakdowns lolol.
I haven’t gotten around to cleaning the lists up and I still have to figure out the SVO color for about 20 SVRs that I don’t have the details for worldwide.

But anyways was there specific info you were looking for regarding the US ones?
Yes, thanks. Looking for one with a red interior. Exterior preference would be gray, silver, white, black in that order. Carbon ceramic brakes also. Wondering how big of a unicorn this may be. Portlander found his though. Also tan interior would be a consideration depending on exterior.

Portlander (09-29-2021)
Old 09-30-2021, 08:27 AM

I don’t have interior color data for most SVRs unless it’s an extremely 1 of 1 or super rare. I usually just look up the pics when someone asks. But I can tell you Almost all SVRs with red interiors are hard to find. The most common are Silver and White. Almost all 2017 silver SVRs had red interior and a couple of them go for sale a few times per year. Black and Grey will be almost impossible to find. Portlanders spec is hard to find because his has CCB. If you don’t care about that you have good chances of finding a white with red interior. A 2017 model year gives you the highest probability of finding one due to the high number that came to the US. All other years only have one red interior of each color or none. For reference in terms of how rare red interior SVR are:
Silver - rare - less than 20
White - rare - less than 20
Grey - Super rare - less than than 10
Black - Extremely rare - 5 or less.

Portlander (09-30-2021)
Old 09-30-2021, 08:35 AM

Sorry I just saw you want Carbor ceramic brakes. That narrows your chances to almost impossible for all colors except silver.
There are only 3-4 of each color total with CCB and red interior.
Black - I think I have only seen 1 Black/red interior SVR with CCB
About the first 10 Silver SVRs that came to the US in 2017 had red interior with CCB. So again that color combination is your best bet.
If you want newer 2018-2020 that will narrow your pool down to about 1 example for each color per year.

Portlander (09-30-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 05:01 AM
Veteran Member

Sorry I just saw you want Carbor ceramic brakes. That narrows your chances to almost impossible for all colors except silver.
There are only 3-4 of each color total with CCB and red interior.
Black - I think I have only seen 1 Black/red interior SVR with CCB
About the first 10 Silver SVRs that came to the US in 2017 had red interior with CCB. So again that color combination is your best bet.
If you want newer 2018-2020 that will narrow your pool down to about 1 example for each color per year.

I would give up the CCB if I could get the color combo. Silver/red ior grey/red s my top choice. Lots of black/black svrs from 2017 in usa. The blue exterior seems to be prevalent in later years. At least what is on the market. Do my chances increase dramitically id I drop the CCB?

Old 10-01-2021, 11:20 PM

Not really. Here are the approximate numbers again in case you missed them:

Old 10-02-2021, 06:05 AM
Veteran Member

Not really. Here are the approximate numbers again in case you missed them:
Ok, thanks. Much appreciated.

Old 10-02-2021, 06:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cruisin' Southern Maryland SVR style!

Had a great time Crusing Southern Maryland for Charity (Charolette Hall Veteran's home) today with Neil and his Glacier White 2017 SVR. So rare to see 2 2017's at one event. It was an amazing day!

Two 2017 SVRs 😁

Portlander (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Yes, thanks. Looking for one with a red interior. Exterior preference would be gray, silver, white, black in that order. Carbon ceramic brakes also. Wondering how big of a unicorn this may be. Portlander found his though. Also tan interior would be a consideration depending on exterior.
I have a 2017 SVR with CCB in the grey with red interior and I love the look!

There is a 2017 silver SVR with red interior and CCB showing up at Jaguar Bellevue. No pics on the dealer site yet, but cars.com shows it as Rhodium Silver Metallic exterior and Red/Jet Stitch inside
Looks sharp

Have you seen that one yet? Seems well priced relative to the crazy market too

Portlander (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 08:24 PM
Received 143 Likes on 72 Posts

The Silver SVR located at Jaguar Bellevue was available back in March when I was searching and it was under consideration until I ended up finding the Glacier White version that I ended up purchasing. I thought the dealer price for the car's condition, CCB, Carbon Fiber package, reasonable mileage in addition to being certified was an excellent deal. My concerns were: 1) the 3100 mile trip back to Maine or the $3K plus fee to transport it, 2) the dealer was very vague on the vehicle's past which led me to believe it was possibly a corporate or press car, 3) the CARFAX showed no actual owners other than two Jaguar dealerships with one being Annapolis which is close to the port of entry in Baltimore, 4) over 10,000 miles were put on the car during the past year which seemed like a lot to me. Maybe Ftyperegistry could help jaguny with the history (looks like an early 2017 build date) of this gorgeous SVR just in case he's interested. The car was also taken off the market throughout the summer and has suddenly returned possibly due to a deal that fell through? BritCars, all of the photos are now available on the dealer's site which are a different batch than what I viewed in early spring.

Last edited by Portlander; 10-03-2021 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-03-2021, 04:24 AM
Xec
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

I believe FTypeRegistry did previously mention the Bellevue car was indeed a press/track car. I’ve noticed that quite a few 2017’s with CCBs had prior history as press cars. And they always seem to show Carfax starting with 6000-8000 miles or so. Not necessarily a dealbreaker if you have CPO but maybe not the best if you’re planning to keep it longer.

Good call on the red interior though. It’s simply gorgeous. I have one of the black/red ones and the interior makes it feel like an occasion to drive every time.

Portlander (10-03-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 05:03 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks gents. I have reached out to dealer. From some research it appears this was a JLR corporate car for first 6800 miles. Does that mean it may have been driven (hard) by many different drivers during press events or maybe driven like a show queen? I understand the last owner just traded it in on a new Defender. Portlander, did you get a qoute on the transport cost to Maine? Given current circumstancec I expect prices are up. I think it was $2k from California to Central NY pre-covid for a car I was looking at then. There is a brand new 2020 svr in Sarasota Florida with a matte silver SVO paint but overall the matte doesn't appeal to me. I expect they may not budge from $139k msrp which is a no go for sure.

Old 10-03-2021, 06:09 AM

No, I did not get an official quote to transport, the $3K was just a ballpark estimate from the dealer and I think that was for an enclosed trip across the country. Vince, it is a stunning SVR with every thing on your wish list and was in my top 3 during my search and you already know how particular I am! The new one in Sarasota does not have the red interior and I think you would eventually regret not having it later due to our previous communications. Even if the dealer took $10K off MSRP you'd still be taking a huge depreciation hit.

Last edited by Portlander; 10-03-2021 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-03-2021, 06:40 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Portlander
No, I did not get an official quote to transport, the $3K was just a ballpark estimate from the dealer and I think that was for an enclosed trip across the country. Vince, it is a stunning SVR with every thing on your wish list and was in my top 3 during my search and you already know how particular I am! The new one in Sarasota does not have the red interior and I think you would eventually regret not having it later due to our previous communications. Even if the dealer took $10K off MSRP you'd still be taking a huge depreciation hit.
It is pretty easy to get a transport quote. I really don't like the matt silver or the features of that car in Florida. It comes down to gambling that something better may come along. I do have to lay some of the blame on you after seeing your car in person, as the it is quite spectacular. .

The following 3 users liked this post by jaguny:
DJS (10-05-2021), Mbourne (10-03-2021), Portlander (10-03-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 01:18 PM
Xec
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

The dealer in Sarasota was willing to discount on that matte silver one when I was looking for mine. I think they were were offering in the low $120s right away and seemed open to further negotiation. Ultimately I passed because there was a 2020 Black one with ~2000 miles being sold in SC for $89,000 and so buying it new made no sense at all.

Also still regret passing on that $89,000 car… what a deal. Doesn’t sound as good as the 2017 but would’ve made money on it for sure

Old 10-03-2021, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Xec
I believe FTypeRegistry did previously mention the Bellevue car was indeed a press/track car. I’ve noticed that quite a few 2017’s with CCBs had prior history as press cars. And they always seem to show Carfax starting with 6000-8000 miles or so. Not necessarily a dealbreaker if you have CPO but maybe not the best if you’re planning to keep it longer.

Good call on the red interior though. It’s simply gorgeous. I have one of the black/red ones and the interior makes it feel like an occasion to drive every time.
Correct and good memory. If we are referring to SAJWJ6J87HMK39050 this was one of the press cars used for quite a few media/track events. Here is one of the articles still online where this car can be seen in the pics. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-drive-review/

Portlander (10-03-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 01:52 PM

After reviewing the 11 photos of the silver SRV in the article I did not detect any evidence of overly aggressive or abusive driving!

Old 10-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

So - likely very well maintained by jag for the first 6000 miles (wouldn't want it breaking down for the press) - but spirited driving
Then a normal life for the next 10k

Think it will be up to what works for you. If it's had 10k trouble free driving since then, and has CPO, you may decide that it's a good option. Perhaps see if they will extend the CPO to the max.

On any other privately owned car you won't know if it was tracked or not, driven hard etc. So maybe the devil you know
Plus - perhaps you can use it for negotiation (although pricing seems good in the current hot market...)

FYI I transported my SVR from West coast to east coast in a covered transport for 2400 arranged via the selling dealer.

Let us know what you decide. If it were me the perfect condition and color/spec would be very tempting. I'd ask if they can give you any info on servicing etc for the past couple of years so you know if it has had any issues.

The following 2 users liked this post by BritCars:
jaguny (10-05-2021), Portlander (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 03:41 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BritCars
So - likely very well maintained by jag for the first 6000 miles (wouldn't want it breaking down for the press) - but spirited driving
Then a normal life for the next 10k

Think it will be up to what works for you. If it's had 10k trouble free driving since then, and has CPO, you may decide that it's a good option. Perhaps see if they will extend the CPO to the max.

On any other privately owned car you won't know if it was tracked or not, driven hard etc. So maybe the devil you know
Plus - perhaps you can use it for negotiation (although pricing seems good in the current hot market...)

FYI I transported my SVR from West coast to east coast in a covered transport for 2400 arranged via the selling dealer.

Let us know what you decide. If it were me the perfect condition and color/spec would be very tempting. I'd ask if they can give you any info on servicing etc for the past couple of years so you know if it has had any issues.

Thanks Brit, When was your car transported across country? Trucking costs have likly gone up as quote is $2900 covered.

Quick Reply: F-Type SVR Production numbers and more