F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type Ultra Blue with White interior?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 03:24 AM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default F-Type Ultra Blue with White interior?

I'm about to order a new P340 in Ultra Blue with Black Pack and black wheels but I've not decided about the colour of the interior yet. Personally I would prefer the Windsor Cirrus Leather Sport Seats with Morzine (white) headlining, but does it fit with the Ultra Blue exterior, what do you think? I'm pretty tall so a lighter interior with panoramic roof feels a lot less cramped in my opinion, which is a big plus for me. However it's probably more delicate so you have to clean it more often, correct? I personally just don't like a full black interior anymore, hate it on my current XE S which makes it a pretty gloomy place to be, fortunately the panoramic roof helps a bit.

Unfortunately I didn't find much pictures of this interior combination, so maybe somebody could share his experience?

Last edited by Falkenhayn; 03-06-2019 at 03:27 AM.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

You can't get cirrus leather with ultra blue. Jag decided on your behalf that it's a bad combo.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:56 AM

It's possible to order it with this combo, at least in Germany. ;-)

Old 03-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Falkenhayn
It's possible to order it with this combo, at least in Germany. ;-)
You can apparently order this combo in the V6, but do know that the sport seats are not Windsor leather. They are grained leather. Not bad, but not very luxe in feel.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Nati
You can't get cirrus leather with ultra blue. Jag decided on your behalf that it's a bad combo.
That's not a bad combo at all. I think it would look phenomenal actually.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

In my opinion the only two choices for a dark blue car are black interior or color-matching interior, and for light blue car is white interior or color-matching.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Received 236 Likes on 173 Posts

Love your choice of ultra blue with black pack and black wheels, but I vote black for interior color....

Old 03-06-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nati
You can apparently order this combo in the V6, but do know that the sport seats are not Windsor leather. They are grained leather. Not bad, but not very luxe in feel.
I just checked my configuration again and you can choose the Windsor Cirrus seats on the V6 P340, but I don't know about other models. It's called "Sportsitze in Windsor-Leder in Cirrus und Interieur in Windsor-Leder in Ebony" in German. It's not the Velour combination.

By the way, my sister also told me today that this combo will be amazing because of the rather light and loud Ultra Blue colour so the light interior would also be a nice little eye-catcher compared to a full black interior. It's kind of like SinF said I guess. So I'm really inclined to order it. Should I choose this combo finally I will definitely post some pictures so everybody can get an idea of it.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I think the color combo will work. Maybe a white dinner jacket to go out for formal occasions?

The following users liked this post:
Chawumba (03-06-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 06:25 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,066 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Some folks have discussed blue jean dye ending up on some light colored seats, but I have no experience with this.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:26 PM
Received 236 Likes on 173 Posts

I've seen a few used cars on the market that originally had white interiors. By the time they had a little use, not so much...

Old 03-06-2019, 07:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

No issues with light coloured seats and trim (Ivory or Cirrus etc in recent Jags) as long as you regularly clean and condition the seats, at least once a month.
I had the Ivory "soft grain" leather seats and trim in my old XFR, nearly white and absolutely beautiful, and never had a single stain or mark that I couldn't simply wipe away with leather cleaner and a MF cloth.

Old 03-07-2019, 03:22 AM

Thanks for the responses so far.

I'm kind of finical about tidiness in my car so I don't think that cleaning is an issue, always kept my recent cars neat. I'll keep a package of baby wipes inside the car for an emergency though. ;-)

Old 03-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Do it man. It will look great! I'm tired of black interiors as well.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:50 AM

My car has finally arrived, here are some pictures at the dealer, really love the colour! More and pictures of the interior will follow at a later time.

The following 2 users liked this post by Falkenhayn:
Chawumba (06-21-2019), F-Toype (06-21-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Looks fantastic. Congratulations!

Old 06-21-2019, 02:31 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Beautiful. Love to see pix showing the exterior and white interior together.
A stunning combination.

As suggested by an earlier poster, you are going to want to be extremely cautious about wearing blue denim jeans with those pristeen white seats.
The dark blue dye will slowly transfer into the white leather, and while you might not notice the slight change at first, a year or two down the road you will look at the bottom seat cushion in bright daylight with an OMG look of disgust. and its nearly impossible to reverse or clean, short of replacing the entire cushion, or the tainted panel of leather.

Regular conditioning of the leather may slow the bleed of dye from one material to another, but its not going to stop it completely. Might want to keep a clean white towel in the rear boot to put down on the seat for those days you are sporting denim. On the other hand, if you never wear blue jeans, then nothing to worry about...

Old 06-21-2019, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
Beautiful. Love to see pix showing the exterior and white interior together.
A stunning combination.

As suggested by an earlier poster, you are going to want to be extremely cautious about wearing blue denim jeans with those pristeen white seats.
The dark blue dye will slowly transfer into the white leather, and while you might not notice the slight change at first, a year or two down the road you will look at the bottom seat cushion in bright daylight with an OMG look of disgust. and its nearly impossible to reverse or clean, short of replacing the entire cushion, or the tainted panel of leather.

Regular conditioning of the leather may slow the bleed of dye from one material to another, but its not going to stop it completely. Might want to keep a clean white towel in the rear boot to put down on the seat for those days you are sporting denim. On the other hand, if you never wear blue jeans, then nothing to worry about...
I had some black dye from a memory foam cushion (passenger side) transfer onto the camel leather. Had a bottle of Jaguar Premium Leather Cleaner (lagniappe from the dealer when I bought the car) sitting in the trunk unopened for 4 years. Pulled every bit of that dye off the seat. Soap and water had zero effect.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

When I got my old XFS back in Sept 2013 it had "Barley" upholstery, a sort of yellowish cream colour, and the driver's seat in particular was a mess. Years and years of ground in dirt, grime and grease especially on the seat base.
I attacked it with Meguiar's "Gold Class Leather and Vinyl Cleaner", a couple of MF cloths and a stack of elbow grease and it come up looking like new (and you should have seen the state of the cloths afterwards, straight in the bin!)

Old 06-21-2019, 09:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a little proof, at least in Canada you can get Cirrus with UB

Quick Reply: F-Type Ultra Blue with White interior?