Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type v6 roadster 2015- Just got it

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb F-Type v6 roadster 2015- Just got it

Hi all
Just got my baby in possession, It looks stunningly beautiful. White on red, with red convertible and red interior.

Although I have got the basic rims 18inch one and it doesn't have the red callipers. I wasn't able to afford the S model.

So i need some advice and some help. I want to modify , make it look like the S model.

Do you guys have any thoughts of how I can proceed with that?

I want to switch the paddle shifters and the start button to the orange sporty one,
then i have to add the S (badge in the rear) and there is another S badge which clicks onto the grills for the front. ( but i don't know where to find the item numbers and where to order the parts, and i don't know where i can find the manuals of how to remove the start button and replace etc...)

On the other hand

I need to paint the callipers to red and i will also plastic dip the rims (18 inch ones)

If you guys think that will make my car look like a ( WANNA BE, BAD) then please tell me so i won't spend extra $$$ and make f-types look horrible in the streets.

I'm sure that f-type v6 S and v6 only have 35 HP difference, so i rather wait and see if there are any ecu modifications later maybe get the car have extra 40+50 hp.

Thanks

i will post pictures later ( Hopefully V6-S/ V8 Owners will not hate on me about this thread)

Last edited by Shane7; 07-07-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what i mean about the small updates are these, which the S model has but the V6 pure doesn't. F-Type v6 roadster 2015- Just got it-2014-jag-f-type-v6s-main_rdax_646x396.jpg

F-Type v6 roadster 2015- Just got it-2014-jaguar-ftype-785-p5.jpg

F-Type v6 roadster 2015- Just got it-2015-jaguar-f-type-coupe-white-front.jpg

F-Type v6 roadster 2015- Just got it-c377cb8be4_640.jpg

Old 07-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Congrats on the new car!

You know, if it were me, I'd just celebrate what I have - you have a great car! No need to add "S" badges etc.

Brakes are different - no reason not to paint those if you like the red color. They really do make the brakes stand out and they look great in red. But if I were you I'd go easy on adding the badges etc - just enjoy what you have. Doesn't need to be an "S" to get everyone drooling over it. Quite honestly, most folks out there can't tell the different cars apart.

The following users liked this post:
PD2911 (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
Congrats on the new car!

You know, if it were me, I'd just celebrate what I have - you have a great car! No need to add "S" badges etc.

Doesn't need to be an "S" to get everyone drooling over it. Quite honestly, most folks out there can't tell the different cars apart.
Agree 100% with this last part. Adding the "S" badges would purely be for the benefit of your own ego. Most admirers won't even know what the "S" means or what was suppose to be (that isn't). And those that are more knowledgeable, will know instantly that you faked it.

Enjoy the heck out of your new ride!!!

Old 07-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Painting the calipers is a fairly easy DIY project. You do not have to remove the brakes or the calipers to do it. I painted two of my 3 Jag car calipers, one white, one red. They look great. I would recommend the following product for the project. You can chose the color depending on your preferences. You will appreciate the 18" wheels on the base model as anything larger would give you a very stiff ride WITHOUT the electronic shocks that come only on the S models.

G2 Brake Caliper Paint Systems: G2 Brake Caliper Paint System Set

Old 07-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Your car is beautiful.

Others ate correct. 98% of folks don't know the difference. Even between the V8 and both "S" models.

Your car is rare compared to corvettes, 911's etc.

Enjoy it.

Me, yep paint the calipers if you want, but I would leave the rest.

Spoken by the guy that has the ONLY Sapphire Blue I have ever seen (and other "F" type owners I have met say the same).

Old 07-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Car looks great in Polaris White...excellent choice!
Personally,I've never been a fan of red calipers but do whatever makes you happy...

Old 07-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

Rebadging a car or trying to make it look like an upgraded model is totally wrong in my opinion and also known as posing. You don't have an S so why would you try to make it look like an S unless you have some kind of Ego problem?

There is nothing wrong with the car you have, it is what it is. I would recommend you leave it alone.

I've seen this before in the Porsche community where someone paints their rotors yellow to make others think they are ceramics or to add Turbo or Turbo S badges to their normally aspirated cars. Disgusting in my opinion.

Again my recommendation, don't go there.

Walt

Old 07-07-2014, 11:28 PM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the base and love it. Bought it in June of last year and currently have 7,600 miles on it. I had a resonator delete done this spring, along with yellow calipers, wheel spacers and window tint. I drive in dynamic mode 98% of the time, and with the resonator delete....the combo of the two is more aggressive than the note of the "S".