Sponsored by:

Forum Feeler: Gauging Interest in Longtube Headers and 3" X-pipe for F Type R's

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by allenman85
Same here....well...assuming they would work on the RS as well
Yes they should. Due to the cost of retooling and redesigning hardware it's almost a given that the 50HP bump seen in the upcoming RS is purely from software--we know these gains and more are possible safely from our own tuning +70awhp and +70awtq or around 90HP at the crank via ECU tuning only on 93 octane.

Added to list with an asterisk

Thank You

Old 12-21-2015, 05:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Update: We are halfway there, 5/10 commitments to date.

Thank You!

Old 12-23-2015, 09:35 AM
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I would also be interested, once the gains have been verified on a dyno.
I am interested in the lower pulley upgrade as well.
I currently have the upper pulley upgrade from Eurocharged, the medium sized one that requires no grinding of the supercharger snout, as well as their ECU tune for an otherwise stock 2015 R.
I realize that you probably can't say, but do you do their tunes for them?
Would you be providing a new tune taking into account all of my upgrades?
I'd really like a complete, thoroughly tested and optimized package, ideally one that included an intake upgrade as well.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rocspo
I would also be interested, once the gains have been verified on a dyno.
I am interested in the lower pulley upgrade as well.
I currently have the upper pulley upgrade from Eurocharged, the medium sized one that requires no grinding of the supercharger snout, as well as their ECU tune for an otherwise stock 2015 R.
I realize that you probably can't say, but do you do their tunes for them?
Would you be providing a new tune taking into account all of my upgrades?
I'd really like a complete, thoroughly tested and optimized package, ideally one that included an intake upgrade as well.

Thank you for posting, I've added you to the commitment list.

I can say that we do not work with Eurocharged and that they do not work with us in any capacity. They can verify this for you as well.

Yes, our tuning takes into account all existing modifications to your vehicle and would be completely different than what you are currently running. You will soon see VBox and track comparisons of your present package vs our version (ECU + upper SC pulley) on another respected forum member's F Type R.

Understood on the want of a tested and proven total bolt-on package. If we can net 4 more commitments we can begin the exhaust fabrication portion mid January. It's been our goal since deciding to enter this market to offer such a package, we just needed confirmation that there would be enough interest to justify the investment on our part.

Depending on how large we go with the lower pulleys (currently at +10mm, though we can go larger as pertains to both the supercharger efficiency range and fitment of the pulley) a full bolt-on (ECU, upper and lower pulley, LT Header and X pipe) VMax F Type R should belt out 770HP+.

Additionally we are set to begin testing another hardware modification in 2-3 weeks and our final hardware add-on in ~4-6 weeks.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by VMaxTuning
Thank you for posting, I've added you to the commitment list.

I can say that we do not work with Eurocharged and that they do not work with us in any capacity. They can verify this for you as well.

Yes, our tuning takes into account all existing modifications to your vehicle and would be completely different than what you are currently running. You will soon see VBox and track comparisons of your present package vs our version (ECU + upper SC pulley) on another respected forum member's F Type R.

Understood on the want of a tested and proven total bolt-on package. If we can net 4 more commitments we can begin the exhaust fabrication portion mid January. It's been our goal since deciding to enter this market to offer such a package, we just needed confirmation that there would be enough interest to justify the investment on our part.

Depending on how large we go with the lower pulleys (currently at +10mm, though we can go larger as pertains to both the supercharger efficiency range and fitment of the pulley) a full bolt-on (ECU, upper and lower pulley, LT Header and X pipe) VMax F Type R should belt out 770HP+.

Additionally we are set to begin testing another hardware modification in 2-3 weeks and our final hardware add-on in ~4-6 weeks.
Please put me on the commitment list for a +20mm lower pulley. That's a 12% gain (on top of the 2.5% reduction I already have on the upper pulley - 14.8% net SC increase) we'll need to get the 1.5-1.7 psi boost we're looking for. I'll wait until you have enough buyers to make the production run cost effective.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

Make me a 770hp+ f-type and I may fly out there and hug you.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Please put me on the commitment list for a +20mm lower pulley. That's a 12% gain (on top of the 2.5% reduction I already have on the upper pulley - 14.8% net SC increase) we'll need to get the 1.5-1.7 psi boost we're looking for. I'll wait until you have enough buyers to make the production run cost effective.
We'll start a separate thread for the larger crank pulleys. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Philly Single
Make me a 770hp+ f-type and I may fly out there and hug you.
Email sent.

The following users liked this post:
Unhingd (12-24-2015)
Old 12-24-2015, 08:31 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Count me in as interested. Recently had the ETG pulley and performance tune installed and have greatly enjoyed the bump. Appreciate your efforts and look forward to see what you can achieve.

VMaxTuning (01-03-2016)
Old 12-24-2015, 11:02 PM
Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwelter
Count me in as interested. Recently had the ETG pulley and performance tune installed and have greatly enjoyed the bump. Appreciate your efforts and look forward to see what you can achieve.
Great! Come guys, let's get to 10 so Vmax can make the hardware and I can get mine!

Old 12-25-2015, 12:50 AM
Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

VMax, any plans to create some similar modifications for the V6/V6s?

Old 12-26-2015, 03:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ss23
VMax, any plans to create some similar modifications for the V6/V6s?
We haven't taken a look at the V6 cars yet (maybe a forum member can help us out), our question would be exhaust wise, are the exhaust manifolds part of the cylinder heads as they are on Fiat/Chrysler's 3.6L Pentastar engines and the 3.6L GM 4v/DI V6s?

We are set to remap the V6 and V6S cars now, and have +10mm lower crank pulleys in stock (I'll be posting a +20mm lower crank pulley GB thread shortly in this forum). We are looking for a V6 and V6S car to before/after dyno and VBox (we can ship you the VBox to use) in exchange for a discounted ECU remap (below the current sale price of $1000). Please PM or email sales.vmaxtuning@gmail.com if interested.

We begin testing two other hardware modifications on forum member's F Type R's next week (they both are transferable to the V6/V6S variants) as well.

So yes, we would love to have as many tuned V6 cars out there as V8s, actually more based on the build numbers.

Thank you for asking!

Old 12-26-2015, 03:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cbroth1
Great! Come guys, let's get to 10 so Vmax can make the hardware and I can get mine!
We are at 8 commitments and have decided to go ahead with the project.

Tentative timeline:

Begin development mid Jan, finished prototype system locked in jigs/fixtures by the end of Feb, meaning production systems ready to ship by the third or last week of Feb.

With the full bolt-on package (plus the two hardware modifications we'll begin testing in the next two weeks) we'll be moving some serious air with a significantly more efficient pump (lower ECTs, EOTs, EGTs, BDTs, Cat Temps). 800HP+ at the crank is entirely possible.

If demand dictates we are prepared to go even farther with this platform (internals, larger blower, etc.) but there has to be demand and I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves.

Thank You!

Old 12-26-2015, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

We haven't taken a look at the V6 cars yet (maybe a forum member can help us out), our question would be exhaust wise, are the exhaust manifolds part of the cylinder heads as they are on Fiat/Chrysler's 3.6L Pentastar engines and the 3.6L GM 4v/DI V6s?
Just like the V8 engines. Cast iron exhaust manifolds bolted to aluminum heads.

Please hurry on the 20mm crank pulley.
Depending on price, I may be in on the tuned headers as well, but only after the documented beta testing.

Last edited by Unhingd; 12-26-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Just like the V8 engines. Cast iron exhaust manifolds bolted to aluminum heads.

Please hurry on the 20% crank pulley.
Depending on price, I may be in on the tuned headers as well, but only after the documented beta testing.

Perfect, thank you.

Presently we have 1 commitment for a +20mm crank pulley, 9 more to go.

Starting a new thread for V6 exhausts located here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...feeler-155193/

Thank You

Last edited by VMaxTuning; 12-26-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I am in for this.. getting my R back tomorrow from the body shop after a driver took a redlight and smashed me into 3 cars.. 56K later and 5 months also, I'll be ready to do everything I wanted to it.. can you price out full exhaust, ECU, and Pulley with most power set up? I dont care for cats unless you think they are beneficial.. also what about a tune that blows flames from the exhaust? I have a tune being made that will offer me a Power mode, eco, and "flame" mode #becauseracecar and I want everyone to see how cool Jaguar is now.. could you provide the same tunability? Also, will your tune remove that stupid 4k rev limiter in nuetral and park? Have to tried any of this on race gas yet? i have a 2015 ftype and I have 21's being put on the rear with 335s.. once I get rid of my Viper im committing all funds to the Cat

Old 12-29-2015, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by anonymousjagman
I am in for this.. getting my R back tomorrow from the body shop after a driver took a redlight and smashed me into 3 cars.. 56K later and 5 months also, I'll be ready to do everything I wanted to it.. can you price out full exhaust, ECU, and Pulley with most power set up? I dont care for cats unless you think they are beneficial.. also what about a tune that blows flames from the exhaust? I have a tune being made that will offer me a Power mode, eco, and "flame" mode #becauseracecar and I want everyone to see how cool Jaguar is now.. could you provide the same tunability? Also, will your tune remove that stupid 4k rev limiter in nuetral and park? Have to tried any of this on race gas yet? i have a 2015 ftype and I have 21's being put on the rear with 335s.. once I get rid of my Viper im committing all funds to the Cat

First and most importantly, sorry to hear about your car and glad that you're OK.

As far as your questions regarding tuning there is only one optimal calibration that pertains to safe max WOT performance. This calibration also yields at part throttle (based on the part throttle tuning knowledge of the tuner in question) a slight increase in fuel economy (~1mpg combined city/highway if you can keep your foot out of it). There are a few ways cars can be made to shoot flames from the exhaust tips. When enough fuel builds up in the mid pipe area of a catless cars exhaust and that section of exhaust tubing becomes hot enough it will ignite the non-combusted fuel and shoot fire in a passive method. Some hot rods actually add fuel injectors near the tailpipe (electrically controlled to turn on and off, and as far as how much fuel is squirted per cycle) which are used in conjunction with sparkplugs or another electronic ignition device to actively make fire.
So if you run catless with an extended cold start cycle (letting it idle for as long as possible thereby letting excess fuel build up in the X pipe) then drive the car like you stole it, you may indeed see fire from the pipes.

As far as switching maps (performance, eco, "flame") as far as we know this is not possible with the current generation of Bosch MED17 ECUs used to control the newer AJ Series III V8s (and quite a few other newer FI/DI vehicles).

We haven't performed any race gas testing to date, just 91/93 octane. No doubt performance will improve when using RG. The ECU will take around 50 miles to adapt (if driven hard so WOT load tables are learned quickly), I would expect a 10-15HP gain over 93 octane pump gas with a high quality RG formulation.

Can we raise the N/P rev limiter? Yes. Do you really want us to? That's the question. The reason manufacturers do this is to lower the chances that you'll stretch a rod (eventually causing PtV (piston to valve contact)) by free revving the engine with no load, and for those that don't let their engines oil reach operating temp, spin a bearing. To properly answer your question, yes we can, we'd need your consent in writing stating that you understand the potential pitfalls of doing so, otherwise NP.

21s with 335s have a large contact patch no doubt, but the sidewall aspect ratio is the real killer as far as traction goes. jamesjaguar our initial ECU and upper pulley test car has a 2016 AWD F Type R running 21s all around with stickier than OEM 305/25s out back. In all his VBox testing I'm not sure he ever got a clean launch (without spinning), doing this in a RWD car is going to be very difficult without a DOT legal drag radial. If you're into racing you may want to consider picking up a set of stock diameter lightweight wheels to mount the DRs on for track or summer sunny weather days. The difference between them and any radial tire is night and day and any race from a dig is won or lost in the first 60'.

We have two pieces of hardware presently in testing that will be added to the full bolt-on package that we'll publicly release in the coming weeks.
We'll get more accurate cost pricing for the package you desire up as soon as we near completion of the exhaust--I will say that the entire package, meaning: ECU, LTs & X pipe, Upper and Lower Pulleys + the two new products will cost significantly less than the $9400 Capristo exhaust which as far as we know doesn't add a single HP or lb/ft of torque.

Thank You
VMax

Old 12-29-2015, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by anonymousjagman

Another HP addict added to the list. Welcome.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Former Sponsor

V8 project is a go, looking for more V6 commitments to make that project happen.

Thank You
VMax

Old 01-03-2016, 06:36 PM

V8 project is a go, looking for more V6 commitments to make that project happen.

Thank You
VMax
Woohoo! Lets go! Ready to bolt them on and head to the dyno.

VMaxTuning (01-04-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 10:51 PM

Vmax, update?

Quick Reply: Forum Feeler: Gauging Interest in Longtube Headers and 3" X-pipe for F Type R's