Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy on Short Shift Kits for Jaguar FType V6 Manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 09:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by AbyJag
Add Me too the list of just ordered. I am looking forward to the short throw experience, I've missed it since trading in the Miata
That’ll mail out first thing tomorrow morning. You should have it before the end of the week.

For others,
Only 2 left in inventory now. Get yours now at this price while you can. After these are gone, they’ll only be available from Europe at a much higher price.

Old 12-21-2018, 02:38 PM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Shifter is in and I'd agree Jaguar should have done it this way in the first place... and I should have gotten one sooner... feels / works great!

Old 12-21-2018, 03:28 PM
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
Default So El Gato, how was the installation?

I have a 2016 too and have read through the installation instructions. Like any car repair were there any difficulties?

Old 12-21-2018, 07:04 PM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rbsj
I have a 2016 too and have read through the installation instructions. Like any car repair were there any difficulties?
Not particularly difficult. Took about 1 1/2 hours. But then that's easy for me to say as I had the shop I use do the install. They're pretty experienced in the higher end / racing / performance world but this was the first F type they've had in the shop. From what I could determine, the install pretty much requires a lift to get to the one bolt on the underside although there are some folks here on forum that did it with jack stands on driver side, but I'm not that adventurous. Time is money and it would have taken me much longer in all likelihood.
I should add they did not need to drop the exhaust, just moved the heat shield back.

Last edited by El Gato; 12-21-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered my kit... so excited.. and got the nice discount too!
Is this something my Jaguar dealer would be willing to install? or should i go another route to an independent mechanic as I do not have the tools.

John

Old 12-28-2018, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Originally Posted by John Cronin
Just ordered my kit... so excited.. and got the nice discount too!
Is this something my Jaguar dealer would be willing to install? or should i go another route to an independent mechanic as I do not have the tools.

John
If your car is still under warranty your Jaguar dealer will not install a modification and you do not want them to know about any modifications you may have made.

Old 12-29-2018, 07:23 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sov211

If your car is still under warranty your Jaguar dealer will not install a modification and you do not want them to know about any modifications you may have made.
+1.
John,
There is nothing about this short-shifter that can create any related issues with the car. That said, you don’t want to give the dealer an excuse for denying any warranty claims. Your best bet would be to identify a local speed or performance shop. Installation should take under 2 hours and is very simple with the detailed instructions I’ll email to you (also posted above in this thread). I’ll mail the kit to you this morning.

Ok guys, only one short shifter left. After that, you’ll have to pay full price plus shipping from Europe (and endure a massive lead-time).

Old 01-01-2019, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member

The last shifter has been sold. Any new orders will require a group buy.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO happy with my Short Shifter kit from Lance! Taking everyones sage advice, I dropped my car off at a local speed performance shop and two hours later ...I have been enjoying the best upgrade I have ever done to my car, The shifting is clean and much more precise. So much more fun to drive and my knuckles no longer are in danger of hitting the controls on the console. Love This Upgrade!!
The shop which did my upgrade really appreciated the PRECISE AND DETAILED direction complete with step by step pics.He told he wished all the other kits he installed were as well put together as this one is.... even the grease is included..

In Closing....LANCE...a sincere "thank you" for doing all the work on this and figuring it out. It's perfect .
I really think you should start a small company in your spare time called UNHINGD PERFORMANCE UPGRADES
I will buy everything you recommend!

John

Old 01-24-2019, 12:34 PM
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

Hi All,

There's some interest in a few more of these. We need to get 10 units together to make it work just with pricing and logistics and so on.

If anyone else is interested at this point please email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 01-25-2019, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by John Cronin
SO happy with my Short Shifter kit from Lance! Taking everyones sage advice, I dropped my car off at a local speed performance shop and two hours later ...I have been enjoying the best upgrade I have ever done to my car, The shifting is clean and much more precise. So much more fun to drive and my knuckles no longer are in danger of hitting the controls on the console. Love This Upgrade!!
The shop which did my upgrade really appreciated the PRECISE AND DETAILED direction complete with step by step pics.He told he wished all the other kits he installed were as well put together as this one is.... even the grease is included..

In Closing....LANCE...a sincere "thank you" for doing all the work on this and figuring it out. It's perfect .
I really think you should start a small company in your spare time called UNHINGD PERFORMANCE UPGRADES
I will buy everything you recommend!

John
John,
Thanks for the kind words. As I develop other gadgets, I'll always give Stuart the opportunity to exclusively list on his website. He offers great service to his customers and makes the commercial end of the transaction very easy. We're out of stock on the shifters now, and as Stuart has mentioned we need to get several orders before we can get them manufactured. The demise of the MT starting with MY2020 makes it too speculative to put any into inventory, especially given the small markup we can squeeze out of their sale.

BTW, currently working on a fancy front tow hook eye for the car. It will come in handy particularly for those with the P7 grille (but will fit all).
Lance

Old 01-28-2019, 09:53 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Finally got around to tearing into the short shifter install. Completed it in my garage (no lift) without removing the exhaust. The shifter bolt took 15-20 attempts to get started. It helped to push the shifter over to one side to gain more clearance. Not a fast process. Works great! Makes for a more engaged shift - not world changing but nice. I'd recommend.

Thanks Lance!

Last edited by 04XJ8; 01-28-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 04XJ8
Finally got around to tearing into the short shifter install. Completed it in my garage (no lift) without removing the exhaust. The shifter bolt took 15-20 attempts to get started. It helped to push the shifter over to one side to gain more clearance. Not a fast process. Works great! Makes for a more engaged shift - not world changing but nice. I'd recommend.

Thanks Lance!
Enjoy!

Old 05-11-2019, 10:03 PM
Received 139 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Hi All,

There's some interest in a few more of these. We need to get 10 units together to make it work just with pricing and logistics and so on.

If anyone else is interested at this point please email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com

Bumping this in case it does any good.

I've had the car for a few consecutive days and I'm finally getting a chance to get a good feel for it. This is the mod (from a sizeable list) that looming largest in my mind during each drive.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Luc Lapierre

I've had the car for a few consecutive days and I'm finally getting a chance to get a good feel for it. This is the mod (from a sizeable list) that looming largest in my mind during each drive.
Call or pm stuart@velocityap.com to see if he’s close to having them available again. If not, pm me and I can hook you up.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:47 AM
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

BTW Luc, how is the break in on the new clutch and tranny going?

Old 05-13-2019, 10:35 AM
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts

If you're interested email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com and we can get you on the list. I believe we have 4 interested parties at the moment. We have been given an MOQ of 25 pieces. Would like to get to 10, to make the numbers work on ordering.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 05-15-2019, 12:47 AM
Received 139 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Call or pm stuart@velocityap.com to see if he’s close to having them available again. If not, pm me and I can hook you up.
Good to know!

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
If you're interested email me at Stuart@VelocityAP.com and we can get you on the list. I believe we have 4 interested parties at the moment. We have been given an MOQ of 25 pieces. Would like to get to 10, to make the numbers work on ordering.
Thanks. I believe I must already be one of the four (emailed in March). If not, then I guess you can make that five 😉.

Originally Posted by rbsj
BTW Luc, how is the break in on the new clutch and tranny going?

So far so good! Engagement at the friction point seems more immediate (still not quite as much as I'd like but that's being picky). Could be my imagination but the friction point seems a little higher now too. The most important thing is that everything (pedal and shifter) feels consistent, which was not the case when the last setup was in its throes. Just need to deal with the shifter feel.

Last edited by Luc Lapierre; 05-15-2019 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:23 AM
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ve just emailed Stuart, if You can send it to the UK, stick me on the list please. Cheers.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:56 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,384 Likes on 1,051 Posts

I think you can get them in the UK froim DAE?

Quick Reply: Group Buy on Short Shift Kits for Jaguar FType V6 Manual