F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help no Michelin

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Received 172 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Help no Michelin

So it turns out there are no 20" Michelin PSS tyres available in Australia for the rear of my car.

The P-Zeros are trying to kill me. What else can I try?

Only ones I can find are ContiSport Contact. Are they any better than the P-Zeros

Last edited by AnD3rew; 07-03-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,595 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
So it turns out there are no 20" Michelin PSS tyres available in Australia for the rear of my car.

The P-Zeros are trying to kill me. What else can I try?

Only ones I can find are ContiSport Contact. Are they any better than the P-Zeros
As I've mentioned on this Forum numerous times, I have Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06's - Ultra High Performance All Season tires - and I love them. So much that I don't even bother swapping back into my summer tires.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

You may not be able to find them as they have been replaced my Michelin and are no longer called PSS. Can't remember the new designation but you should be able to search it on this site.

I currently have PSS tires and they are really good, and when worn out I will be going with the new Michelin.
Lawrence

Old 07-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Received 103 Likes on 50 Posts

Michelin Pilot Super Sport was replaced with the Pilot 4S. I have the 4S on my 'R' and love them. I had the PSS on my Ferrari and thought those were awesome... 4S are more awesome. You should get 4 wheel alignment after putting the new tires on. My alignment was off and I feel contributed to the tail wagging of the F-Type R. Car is much more planted now and the back doesn't fishtail on quick launches.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,148 Likes on 2,319 Posts

Plenty of threads and posts here about the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S vs the PSS, and how the 4S is much better.
When my crappy P-Zeros wear a bit more I'll be getting 4S, but last time I looked no-one in Oz stocks the 4S in 20" F-Type sizes.
Not to worry, I always intended to get them from Tire Rack in the good ol' US of A anyway, waaay cheaper than getting them in Oz even if they were available, even taking into account the crappy exchange rate and the cost of shipping. I've purchased several sets of tyres over the years from Tire Rack and their service has always been very good.
So Andrew, after all that, get a set of Pilot Sport 4S from Tire Rack!
See here for the rears: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...um=93YR0PS4SXL

Old 07-04-2017, 01:12 AM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 355rockit
Michelin Pilot Super Sport was replaced with the Pilot 4S. I have the 4S on my 'R' and love them. I had the PSS on my Ferrari and thought those were awesome... 4S are more awesome. You should get 4 wheel alignment after putting the new tires on. My alignment was off and I feel contributed to the tail wagging of the F-Type R. Car is much more planted now and the back doesn't fishtail on quick launches.

You drive an "R" and a ferrari? well done my friend.

The following users liked this post:
355rockit (07-05-2017)
Old 07-04-2017, 04:17 AM
Received 172 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Plenty of threads and posts here about the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S vs the PSS, and how the 4S is much better.
When my crappy P-Zeros wear a bit more I'll be getting 4S, but last time I looked no-one in Oz stocks the 4S in 20" F-Type sizes.
Not to worry, I always intended to get them from Tire Rack in the good ol' US of A anyway, waaay cheaper than getting them in Oz even if they were available, even taking into account the crappy exchange rate and the cost of shipping. I've purchased several sets of tyres over the years from Tire Rack and their service has always been very good.
So Andrew, after all that, get a set of Pilot Sport 4S from Tire Rack!
See here for the rears: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...um=93YR0PS4SXL
Thanks for that. I have now found that tyre sales.com.au does have the PSS but not the 4S.

So you buy them from Tirerack. Do you have them shipped to your home? And you reckon it's worth it?

Old 07-04-2017, 09:58 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

Kumho PS91 seems to be a pretty good (according to reviews) PSS/P4S competitor at a much lower price point.

Old 07-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 188 Posts

I had kumho on '05 TT 3.2 as a replacement set. Good value but got progressively harder as they approached 10k miles.

Old 07-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,148 Likes on 2,319 Posts

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
Thanks for that. I have now found that tyre sales.com.au does have the PSS but not the 4S.

So you buy them from Tirerack. Do you have them shipped to your home? And you reckon it's worth it?
They ship to my door, and yes it's definitely worth it with high end tyres that cost a packet in Oz, it works out about 2/3 the cost even after the shipping & fitting costs. But only with high end tyres, those that cost north of $400 each in Oz, with mundane/normal/cheap tyres the postage cost exceeds the savings.
With shipping to my door the only hassle is then getting them to the tyre fitters, but you should be able to arrange with your preferred tyre fitter & Tire Rack to have the tyres shipped direct to them.

The following users liked this post:
AnD3rew (07-04-2017)