F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incontrol Apps in F-type R

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Incontrol Apps in F-type R

so, i've had my 2018 white f-type r convertible now for 600 miles. my software is version V.5636. i use both the apple iphone 6s+ and 7s+. whenever i plug my phone (either one) into the USB port for the incontrol apps, it connects for about 15-20 seconds and then the dash display says that it has been disconnected and i should retry.

has anyone else had this issue? my phone is unlocked, has the latest software and updates installed, is on the incontrol app page and says connected physically, and running the apps in question. when i press retry on the car screen, it reconnects but then drops off again in random intervals.

i have tried several brand new cables direct from apple.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:08 PM

Mine does the same thing. I don’t know what software version my radio is but the dealership says it’s rhe latest one “which I don’t believe” mine is a 17. My iPhone 7 with ios 11 didn’t work and my new iPhone X with ios 11.1.0 didn’t work I updated to 11.1.1 today maybe I’ll try that tomorrow. I am new to my car and have never gotten the apps to work.

Old 11-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

I opened a case with JLR and they claim t is an issue they have reported to Apple. They did suggest selecting InControl on the car and launching the Jaguar application BEFORE connecting the phone to the cable but it didn’t help me much. This was also after updating to 11.1

Guess we just have to wait and see...

Old 11-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by stmcknig
I opened a case with JLR and they claim t is an issue they have reported to Apple. They did suggest selecting InControl on the car and launching the Jaguar application BEFORE connecting the phone to the cable but it didn’t help me much. This was also after updating to 11.1

Guess we just have to wait and see...
Delete the inControl app on your phone and reinstall.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

Did that multiple times to no improvement...

Old 11-09-2017, 11:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Delete the InControl app and don't reinstall.

The following 3 users liked this post by Burt Gummer:
a8silver (11-20-2017), LobsterClaws (11-21-2017), samfink (12-11-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 05:22 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
Delete the InControl app and don't reinstall.
This. I have never got it to work at all and even if you do the installed apps are not much good .

Trending Topics

Old 11-10-2017, 06:08 AM

i've also done a re-install several times. i hope apple addresses this issue if it in fact their issue. i've noticed that other apple apps have issues with the new IOS.

the sygic car navigation is the one i would like to use because it's better than the one in the car, but if incontrol wont work, i need to get a refund started i guess. thanks for the responses!!!

Old 11-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Why not just get apple car play for the infotainment? It really is horrendous what they put in these 125K+ cars... (Canadian $) I miss my Burmeister so much....

Old 11-10-2017, 10:40 AM

all i wanted was a different navigation software that would work on the jag's screen. i'm good with all of my apple apps

Old 11-17-2017, 08:29 AM
Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts
Default It’s the stinking IOS 11

Originally Posted by hawaiiexc
all i wanted was a different navigation software that would work on the jag's screen. i'm good with all of my apple apps
Hey everybody. There’s another thread that is called “in control and Spotify not working”. Essentially, the issue started to arise when Apple upgraded to iOS 11. It’s absolutely a horrendous operating system with way too many bugs. You can see that by the amount of updates that they have already released. It has completely thrown off the in control connectivity, and there are various workarounds such as connecting, selecting in control, then disconnecting and reconnecting to get it to work.

It’s all Apple, but at the same time, Jaguar should be able to modify the in control app to properly work with the new operating system. It’s a two-way street.
I just got a brand new 2018 Chevy Traverse, and the technology in that car is far superior to what Jaguar is putting in these cars. It’s really a joke.

The following users liked this post:
Abarak (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, there's a spin the bottle here - is it Apple or Jaguar who "broke" it. As with most software development it is rarely a one and done. If Apple changed something which impacted InControl in a bad way, then Jaguar can fix it with a revision of their app or if they believe Apple fundamentally fscked up an API or core iOS routine they can open a developer ticket to get it addressed. Unfortunately as mere users, there isn't much we can do. Whilst it might be Apple that are responsible, getting the pitchforks out because they were the last to touch it (by updating it) and "way too many bugs and too many updates" is a very broad brush. Would you rather Apple ignored things that needed fixing - apparently some Android users can only dream of the number of updates Apple push out ;-)

I would suggest that if you have been impacted by this, you open a case with JLR corporate just so they can't easily say "nobody else is having a problem, go talk to Apple". If Apple really is responsible, they are the ones who can push to get it fixed as registered developers. But my guess is their code needs an update too. I opened a support case with Spotify but they say it's the JLR InControl wrapper to Spotify, which makes sense as the Spotify application via BlueTooth is fine.

BTW, I'm not disagreeing the the infotainment support is not great. Having a CarPlay option would be a lot better than the patchwork quilt of things that InControl has to offer. I'm still waiting for JustDrive to get their act together with regard to IPV4 and IPV6 on Tmobile - their voice gateway isn't compatible any more. I don't know if anybody with another carrier has better luck...?

Fortunately when the infotainment becomes too much of a pain in the harris, I just turn it off and open the exhaust instead...take that Chevy Traverse...

:-)

Last edited by stmcknig; 11-17-2017 at 05:29 PM.
LobsterClaws (11-21-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 07:58 PM

I hear you, and agree. With regard to your comment about just turning on the exhaust and forgetting the infotainment system, that’s fine and good if your Jaguar is your weekend you. But, as a daily driver, you need the comfort and convenience to function.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member

My F is my daily driver. Fortunately, when I get bored with the exhaust sound, Spotify on my iPhone still works via Bluetooth streaming to the car although without the fancy display in the infotainment screen. That's no excuse for them not to fix whatever it is that got kyboshed on the iOS update but at least I don't have to resort to humming or whistling...

Old 11-18-2017, 03:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I just switched to a Samsung note 8, and after two weeks of the apps being on my phone, they have now vanished from the phone. (Maybe they were recalled home?). With colder weather I wanted to use the remote start, but last I tried it before the vanishing it wouldn't work.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:56 AM

Agreed...but at this price point it’s just not right that a Camaro or Mustang have such better tech. I think that JustDrive when it’s working as intended is better in some ways than Apple CarPlay with exception to text message functionality. JustDrive was supposed to include that but they apparently backed off of it. The problem is that Jaguar’s commitment to InControl Apps and JustDrive seems to be lukewarm. It’s simple....if you do not want to pay for Apple Licensing fees, then go for it and make the absolute best alternative. The potential is there but there has to be better commitment.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:48 PM
Banned
Received 324 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
I just switched to a Samsung note 8, and after two weeks of the apps being on my phone, they have now vanished from the phone. (Maybe they were recalled home?). With colder weather I wanted to use the remote start, but last I tried it before the vanishing it wouldn't work.
I have a Samsung S8+ and use Jaguar remote
app I tried remote start tonight it worked fine.

Maybe reinstall the app ?

jaguny (11-19-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Will do, just curious how they vanished from the phone.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:50 AM
Received 294 Likes on 164 Posts

InControl app update today.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member

Great update, none of the buttons on Spotify screen work...

samfink (12-11-2017)

Quick Reply: Incontrol Apps in F-type R