F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCNA

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 11:56 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts
Default JCNA

Being new to the Jaguar brand, I thought I read somewhere that Jag dealerships have provided courtesy first yr membership to the Jaguar Clubs NA. Anyone get this?

Old 02-22-2016, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,652 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Kief
Being new to the Jaguar brand, I thought I read somewhere that Jag dealerships have provided courtesy first yr membership to the Jaguar Clubs NA. Anyone get this?
I think that is rare and on a case by case basis.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:41 PM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

I did not. I actually joined before purchasing my 2016 because I expected to be ordering a 2017 and I wanted to be eligible for the rebate when the car was delivered. But there was no offer of membership from my dealer.
I now wonder about my decision as I am not near any JCNA activities and their web resources seem way outdated.
Larry

Old 02-22-2016, 01:07 PM
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I think that may have been when they could get you an instant rebate when they signed you up. It helped them make the sale, for only a few dollars. Now you have to be a member for 6 months to qualify for the rebate. Apparently similar with BMW, etc.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:38 AM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I can confirm that, as IRRBrogue suggests, some local dealerships here were offering complementary JCNA membership with the sale to provide a $2,500 incentive to buy a F-Type. Now that that you need to be a JCNA member for at least 6 months before a purchase to qualify for the rebate, I suspect that the practice has fallen to the wayside.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:28 AM

Thanks everyone for the clarification. Makes sense.

Now I have to decide which local chapter to join (assuming I get the choice). The chapter nearest my home, you can hear crickets on their website. Their attached newsletter is from 2012! The chapter nearest my workplace appears to be very active, but is a distance.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kief
Thanks everyone for the clarification. Makes sense.

Now I have to decide which local chapter to join (assuming I get the choice). The chapter nearest my home, you can hear crickets on their website. Their attached newsletter is from 2012! The chapter nearest my workplace appears to be very active, but is a distance.
As I understand it, you can choose your own chapter. Its usually most convenient to find one close to where you'll be so you can participate in events, but its up to you.

Alternatively you can join the national association and be a member at large, not tied to any specific chapter. That is generally only useful if there is no local organization or you're only interested in the national events rather than the local ones.

In my opinion, even if you don't plan to attend local events, local chapter membership is preferred since part of the dues contributes to supporting your local Jaguar community. National membership does not contribute anything directly towards your local chapter.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 625 Likes on 529 Posts

I ended joining the national , as i received no response after trying two different contacts for the local membership. Does anyone know if you can combine current incentives with JCNA discount?

Old 02-26-2016, 05:18 AM

My dealer told me that JCNA incentives are on top of anything else, but the last time the incentive was available you had to be a member for 6 months.
Larry

Old 02-26-2016, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by jaguny
I ended joining the national , as i received no response after trying two different contacts for the local membership. Does anyone know if you can combine current incentives with JCNA discount?
Where am I missing it on the JCNA website where you can just join the National? Is it $55 annually as well?

Old 02-26-2016, 06:20 AM

You just join as a member at large on the main site. I think I paid $100 for the first year.
Larry

Old 02-26-2016, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
You just join as a member at large on the main site. I think I paid $100 for the first year.
Larry
Found it, thanks Larry.

So apparently, it is less expensive to join a local chapter ($55)--regardless of how active the chapter is, and yet you still benefit from the same National perks, than it is to join National for $100????

Old 02-26-2016, 06:47 AM

Someone else will need to chime in because I cannot find that info. I recall the at large dues drop significantly after the first year. I think they made the initial charge high as a deterrent to joining just for the incentive.
Larry

Old 02-26-2016, 07:48 AM
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

What are the benefits of joining JCNA, seems it's pretty "quiet" there?

Old 02-26-2016, 09:47 AM
Received 162 Likes on 127 Posts

I think I might to be able to clear up some of the questions that arise from time to time on this forum re: JCNA. The comment of "seems pretty quiet" is reasonable if the JCNA forums are the basis for that judgement. The JCNA website is under a long needed update but the forums are but one small part of the effort. This website is sort of dedicated to a forum only model but that is not JCNA. JCNA is not a "national" club but as the title says a "North American" non profit organization that will soon celebrate its 60th year. Clubs in Canada and Mexico are a part along with the 65 other clubs. It is at the club level that things happen and a look at the calendar will show that things are not "quiet". The clubs are very independent and have always been. Some are interested in certain aspects of Jaguar ownership more than others. While it is certainly unfortunate that some clubs do not respond in the manner desired you must remember that the entire organization is volunteer. You must also consider this is an F Type forum and JCNA embraces all Jaguar products from a Swallow Sidecar to the XE and F-Pace. JCNA has a long and official relationship with Jaguar NA through the many name changes over the years. We hold some special licenses and the ability to reproduce certain portions of intellectual property. As to the benefits, one that I would think would excite some on this forum would be the slalom program where one competes against all other members on a set course from Canada to Mexico. There are also rallys, concours, touring drives, research assets, tool loan (factory tools only) insurance coverage for events and many other aspects of which one is social. The big difference is the social aspect--JCNA is mostly face to face which is not to say this forum type of resource is not valuable it is just different. We communicate in a major way through the JAGUAR JOURNAL(tm) which is the oldest Jaguar Magazine in the world and provides both club as well as factory information. We also hold major events each year as well as an AGM to determine the direction of the organization.

As to the membership it is $100 for the first year if you wish to join JCNA as a Member at Large. Our by laws cover the rights of a MAL and each year after the dues are $30. As we are a club of clubs the statement that joining a local chapter is less and yes it is to support the local clubs because that is what we are made of.

One thing that members of this forum seem keen on is discounts and sales incentives. Currently discounts on Jaguar cars as well as certain Land Rover products require a 6th month membership and the PIN number certificated is automated. While those programs are subject to change we have no belief that that will happen other than a possible expansion.

I have written longer than I should have but would suggest that anyone wishing information take a look at the JCNA website. You can request information and each and every key leader has not only their E mail posted but in most cases a phone number. If your local club seems not to respond contact the regional director. Failing that contact the club at the posted number.

On a closing note we have watched the discussion on tuning. We are glad there is a forum where that discussion can take place and your mods have done an admirable job of keeping it on track. That discussion could have never taken place on the JCNA forums now or in the past. Formal organizations are held to a bit of a different standard than a virtual club.

Hopefully this has been helpful

The following 3 users liked this post by George Camp:
DJS (02-26-2016), Grumpy Finn (02-26-2016), jaguny (02-28-2016)
Old 02-26-2016, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by George Camp
I think I might to be able to clear up some of the questions that arise from time to time on this forum re: JCNA. The comment of "seems pretty quiet" is reasonable if the JCNA forums are the basis for that judgement. The JCNA website is under a long needed update but the forums are but one small part of the effort. This website is sort of dedicated to a forum only model but that is not JCNA. JCNA is not a "national" club but as the title says a "North American" non profit organization that will soon celebrate its 60th year. Clubs in Canada and Mexico are a part along with the 65 other clubs. It is at the club level that things happen and a look at the calendar will show that things are not "quiet". The clubs are very independent and have always been. Some are interested in certain aspects of Jaguar ownership more than others. While it is certainly unfortunate that some clubs do not respond in the manner desired you must remember that the entire organization is volunteer. You must also consider this is an F Type forum and JCNA embraces all Jaguar products from a Swallow Sidecar to the XE and F-Pace. JCNA has a long and official relationship with Jaguar NA through the many name changes over the years. We hold some special licenses and the ability to reproduce certain portions of intellectual property. As to the benefits, one that I would think would excite some on this forum would be the slalom program where one competes against all other members on a set course from Canada to Mexico. There are also rallys, concours, touring drives, research assets, tool loan (factory tools only) insurance coverage for events and many other aspects of which one is social. The big difference is the social aspect--JCNA is mostly face to face which is not to say this forum type of resource is not valuable it is just different. We communicate in a major way through the JAGUAR JOURNAL(tm) which is the oldest Jaguar Magazine in the world and provides both club as well as factory information. We also hold major events each year as well as an AGM to determine the direction of the organization.

As to the membership it is $100 for the first year if you wish to join JCNA as a Member at Large. Our by laws cover the rights of a MAL and each year after the dues are $30. As we are a club of clubs the statement that joining a local chapter is less and yes it is to support the local clubs because that is what we are made of.

One thing that members of this forum seem keen on is discounts and sales incentives. Currently discounts on Jaguar cars as well as certain Land Rover products require a 6th month membership and the PIN number certificated is automated. While those programs are subject to change we have no belief that that will happen other than a possible expansion.

I have written longer than I should have but would suggest that anyone wishing information take a look at the JCNA website. You can request information and each and every key leader has not only their E mail posted but in most cases a phone number. If your local club seems not to respond contact the regional director. Failing that contact the club at the posted number.

On a closing note we have watched the discussion on tuning. We are glad there is a forum where that discussion can take place and your mods have done an admirable job of keeping it on track. That discussion could have never taken place on the JCNA forums now or in the past. Formal organizations are held to a bit of a different standard than a virtual club.

Hopefully this has been helpful
Yes, very helpful. Thank you!

JCNA seems to be somewhat similar to BMWCCA, of which I have been a member for years. The slight confusion, at least for me, was when attempting to join, the JCNA website directs you to local Chapters. Whereas when you initially join BMWCCA, you join directly with the BMWCCA website and then the local BMWCCA Chapter contacts you regarding the various local events. As you mentioned above, some of the local JCNA Chapters are more active than others. I was never referring to the JCNA "Forum" on the main website.

I look forward to joining a JCNA Chapter and taking advantage of the various events planned throughout the year. Thanks again!

Old 02-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Received 162 Likes on 127 Posts

Glad if it helped. JCNA was formed from individual clubs and retains that organizational structure. Other clubs such as the ones you mention retain membership and other functions at the higher level. We wish folks to join the local chapter but do offer the "At Large" membership for folks that are remote or in Europe for example. Look at the map and you may find you have choices of a local club!

Old 02-26-2016, 08:13 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Question JCNA, and rebate program

Hi guys,
I'll be taking possession of a 2017 F Type R coupe in July. At that point, I'll have been a member for over 6 months. Is there a rebate for the car? If so, how much is the rebate. Thank you.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:18 AM

I think JLR is still offering $2,500 JCNA membership rebate for 2015-2016 F-Types. I don't think they've announced 2017 discounts as yet. However, chances are it will be the same.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Merlin
I think JLR is still offering $2,500 JCNA membership rebate for 2015-2016 F-Types. I don't think they've announced 2017 discounts as yet. However, chances are it will be the same.
Hey Merlin,
OT, but this is my Thread LOL, are your wrapped areas still holding up well? I can't wait to do my car come summer time. Any more pics?

Quick Reply: JCNA