F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jcna discount

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default jcna discount

Hello, I was filling out the paperwork for my jag ftype coupe today and I mentioned the JCNA discount to the dealer:

http://www.jcna.com/forums/view.php?Vfnum=001&Vthread=8207&Vref=

He told me he had never heard of it so I sent him the url above. He said he would have to check with his manager to see if the dealership would honor the discount.

I explained to him that it was an offer extended by Jaguar corporate and that Jaguar corporate would absorb the discount at no cost to the dealership.

However, I made my statement above based on an assumption and I have no idea if my statement was actually true. Does anyone here know for a fact which entity absorbs the cost for this discount? Is it Jaguar corporate or is it the local dealership?

Does the dealer have the option to not honor the discount? If discount acceptance is required then is there a contact person higher up in the Jaguar organization who I can contact to handle the issue? For example, a regional sales rep? Not sure what the Jag org looks like.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18,478 Likes on 7,450 Posts

Go to
Hassle-free car-buying experience from a nationwide network of certified dealers. - TrueCar

Click on Jaaaag, then model that you want. Look for "View Incentives" and up pops $2,500. Also look at the curve on pricing on who pays what.
Good luck..

Old 03-25-2014, 02:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I used the JCNA discount on my F-Type (purchase in progress). You are correct, the dealer is reimbursed for the dollars. I got $4,500 below invoice. Nice incentive. Thank you Jaquar and JCNA.

Soon taking delivery of a 2014 F-Type V8 S

Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

How do I become a member?

Old 03-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by jag_guy_2020
Hello, I was filling out the paperwork for my jag ftype coupe today and I mentioned the JCNA discount to the dealer:

JCNA Forums - Jaguar Clubs of North America

He told me he had never heard of it so I sent him the url above. He said he would have to check with his manager to see if the dealership would honor the discount.

I explained to him that it was an offer extended by Jaguar corporate and that Jaguar corporate would absorb the discount at no cost to the dealership.

However, I made my statement above based on an assumption and I have no idea if my statement was actually true. Does anyone here know for a fact which entity absorbs the cost for this discount? Is it Jaguar corporate or is it the local dealership?

Does the dealer have the option to not honor the discount? If discount acceptance is required then is there a contact person higher up in the Jaguar organization who I can contact to handle the issue? For example, a regional sales rep? Not sure what the Jag org looks like.
The program does not include the coupe.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:54 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default jcna discount

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
The program does not include the coupe.
The program will include the coupe two weeks after I take delivery.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by gotwish
The program will include the coupe two weeks after I take delivery.
Where are you getting the program start date from?

Old 03-26-2014, 06:04 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by schraderade
Where are you getting the program start date from?
He is joking unless he works for corporate Jaguar.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by jag_guy_2020

JCNA Forums - Jaguar Clubs of North America

In may case the JCNA discount was $2500 after the $57 joining fee. I believe that went up to a higher number with the latest program.

My dealer brought it up unsolicited and. As others said, I don't think the coupe is included at this time.

In any event, the money comes from Jaguar, and is in addition to whatever price you negotiate with the dealer. If the dealer talks about not "honoring" it, quite honestly I'd look to work with another dealer. They should be fully aware of this program and using it to push sales, not trying to screw the customer. For them to claim to not be aware of the program or whether they will "honor" it is ludicrous....

Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

I wouldn't assume that the dealer is trying to "screw the customer". Sounds more like a not-very-well-trained salesperson to me.

Management should always ensure that the sales staff is fully informed about incentives. After all, incentives are just another sales tool. There's no reason to avoid them so I suspect that the saleperson simply didn't know.

And rather than saying ".....if we honor the discount..." the salesperson should've said "let me investigate how that works". Sounds much better, I think.

If unfamiliar with the JCNA discount it would be normal for a dealer to research first before saying 'yes'. Naturally the dealer wants to know exactly where the funding comes from and how he applies for it....and how long he'll have to wait for it.

Cheers
DD

Old 03-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Derf
Hi,

I used the JCNA discount on my F-Type (purchase in progress). You are correct, the dealer is reimbursed for the dollars. I got $4,500 below invoice. Nice incentive. Thank you Jaquar and JCNA.

Soon taking delivery of a 2014 F-Type V8 S
You got your F-Type for $4500 under invoice? Holy moly! Great deal!

Old 03-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
You got your F-Type for $4500 under invoice? Holy moly! Great deal!
Hi - yes, I did. Just now signed the paperwork. The current sunset date for this incentive is 3/31. I brought this to 3 dealers attention and after due research they all agreed it was a great program, they did not know about it and of course they would honor it. If you are in the window of buying I suggest you join at the JCNA National level otherwise the local chapter will need to send your application to the national level anyway which would likely result in additional processing time. You can become a member instantly via a web based registration at the national level. Then you simply call the Administrator and get your member # (pin #).

The following users liked this post:
amcdonal86 (03-26-2014)
Old 03-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

He is joking unless he works for corporate Jaguar.
Actually, more irony than a joke. I just know my historical success rate on any kind of a deal on a high performance new model.
However, I do refuse to pay more than list price--no "additional dealer mark-up".

Old 03-26-2014, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Doug
I wouldn't assume that the dealer is trying to "screw the customer". Sounds more like a not-very-well-trained salesperson to me.

Management should always ensure that the sales staff is fully informed about incentives. After all, incentives are just another sales tool. There's no reason to avoid them so I suspect that the saleperson simply didn't know.

And rather than saying ".....if we honor the discount..." the salesperson should've said "let me investigate how that works". Sounds much better, I think.

If unfamiliar with the JCNA discount it would be normal for a dealer to research first before saying 'yes'. Naturally the dealer wants to know exactly where the funding comes from and how he applies for it....and how long he'll have to wait for it.

Cheers
DD
Take all your points, DD, but the bottom line here is that the sales guy would happily have closed a deal at whatever number was otherwise agreed had the customer not brought up the JCNA incentive. I just struggle to believe that a Jaguar sales guy would be unaware of the discount. Their cars don't exactly fly off the lot, and it's not expecting too much to think that a Jaguar salesman would be fully aware of an incentive such as this and would deploy it early and often in any sales discussion. I do agree all of your points are possible, but to my mind it's something that would get drummed in to each and every sales guy. With all that said, I just find it unlikely that a jag salesman would be blissfully unaware of customer cash that doesn't impact their own price or commission - so one willing to close a deal without bringing up the incentive is, to my mind, absolutely screwing the customer.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by swajames
Take all your points, DD, but the bottom line here is that the sales guy would happily have closed a deal at whatever number was otherwise agreed had the customer not brought up the JCNA incentive. I just struggle to believe that a Jaguar sales guy would be unaware of the discount. Their cars don't exactly fly off the lot, and it's not expecting too much to think that a Jaguar salesman would be fully aware of an incentive such as this and would deploy it early and often in any sales discussion.

Having spent 30 years at new car dealerships I don't struggle that much with the notion that he simply didn't know . I could mention several possible reasons why he wouldn;t know....none of them very good but all very plausible.

I do agree all of your points are possible, but to my mind it's something that would get drummed in to each and every sales guy. With all that said, I just find it unlikely that a jag salesman would be blissfully unaware of customer cash that doesn't impact their own price or commission - so one willing to close a deal without bringing up the incentive is, to my mind, absolutely screwing the customer.

Well, here's the thing: what would the dealership or salesperson stand to gain by intentionally avoiding a sales incentive?

The answer, of course, is "absolutely nothing".

Cheers
DD

Old 03-26-2014, 09:27 PM

Well here's the other thing. It's just as plausible that the sales guy believed that the additional discount impacted the commission on the deal. Who knows?

Old 03-26-2014, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member

Well here's the other thing. It's just as plausible that the sales guy believed that the additional discount impacted the commission on the deal. Who knows?

If he's poorly trained, yes, that's plausible. Poor training can account for all sorts of things, including not knowing about the discount to begin with.

But, you're right. We don't know. I'm just reluctant to embrace the nefarious possibilities with so little to go on, that's all. Sometimes a mistake is....just a mistake.

Cheers
DD

Old 03-27-2014, 05:37 AM
Veteran Member

That program would have no effect on a commission as the dealer is being paid.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:38 AM

That program would have no effect on a commission as the dealer is being paid.
That's the point I was making . I just wondered if there was some mistaken belief that it did.

And Doug, I do of course agree. It could just be a mistake or a poorly trained sales guy. I just figured that jag dealers would be all over the JCNA incentive.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

All thid brings me to wondering how we can check on what programs are availabler if the dealers do not always know. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to check on the current JCNA discounts which amazes me.

Quick Reply: jcna discount