F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jealous people?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I learned that pretty much EVERYONE loves the F Type. With the exception of Porsche sales people
On the highway I get thumbs up and people are cheering me on to downshift and accelerate past them - especially families with kids, the children just love the F Type.
Around town I was once asked not to drive so loudly (1st-2nd gear in Dynamic) past a fancy hotel, the rest of it was nothing but positive.
It's a hooligan car with a kind heart, and I am loving every second of it!

The following 2 users liked this post by BostonKiller:
Desert Dawg (09-30-2017), jetsetter883 (03-19-2021)
Old 09-28-2017, 12:14 PM
Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts

I get waves and enthusiastic thumbs-up from people of all 'walks of life'.

The other day was from a guy whose car I could purchase 20 times instead of one F-type. He stomped on the gas, so did I, and we both smiled. As someone else said I think the F-type is a lot more approachable than a a ferrari/lambo.

I am *much* more polite and less aggressive (with how I move through traffic) in the F-type than I am in the Hyundai... lol.

The following 2 users liked this post by 15FTypeR:
JagAlb (09-29-2017), jetsetter883 (03-19-2021)
Old 09-28-2017, 12:51 PM
Received 112 Likes on 86 Posts

It's the same on a bike.
Apparently we're all hooligan gun toting knife carrying bikers who don't give a s*** about the law or anyone who gets in our way. And heaven forbid you filter down the middle in heavy traffic....................
I've had young and old pull alongside me when I had the porsche and the now jag, and occassionally on the bike, and want to race me.
I just lift the front slightly as if to go, then let off and trundle away and let them go for it.
Then smile as I pass them a couple of miles later............

Old 09-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I haven't generally found this to be the case. I have even had a number of panhandlers ask me about the car, and congratulate me on my good fortune. Every time I take the car out for a drive I get positive comments or gestures (thumb versus middle finger).
^^ same here.
I try my best to drive as courteously as possible. Driving a car of this caliber does attract a lot of attention as stated above. Besides, we are driving a Jag and this should set us apart as a gentleman on and off the road. That being said though...I do enjoy the spirited driving whether to pass a slow moving car or taking off from a red light to hear the engine roar!
There will always be jealous people so don't take it to heart OP. And congratulations on your achievements as I too have worked myself up.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tman003:
AyyVlogs (04-07-2018), JagAlb (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 01:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

My dad taught me long ago that if you are PARKING and you are approached by a panhandler, give them something and be kind/polite.

You are leaving your baby in THEIR hands lol. Sorry, but that is how the world works.
Better to pay the protection racket and have an ally.

The following users liked this post:
Desert Dawg (09-30-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 12:19 PM
Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
My dad taught me long ago that if you are PARKING and you are approached by a panhandler, give them something and be kind/polite.

You are leaving your baby in THEIR hands lol. Sorry, but that is how the world works.
Better to pay the protection racket and have an ally.
Reminds me of the days several years ago when working in CA; you would come up to a stoplight and there would be one or more panhandlers that would walk up to your car with Windex (you hoped) and a rag to clean your windsheild without your consent. And if you didn't tip them, they would spit on your windshield.

I let them spit on it since I could clean it off easily enough and there was no real physical harm done. But now if that happened with my Jag, I would tip them nicely...lol.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:34 PM
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

With the exception of the speed that I drive, I am a very courteous driver, have had a few less than positive reactions while driving. I did have a guy follow me into a Whole Foods parking lot several months ago. I parked and walked away and then circled back to my parked car and saw this same guy walking slowly towards my car. He did not see me returning, and I got within 50 feet of him and suggested he keep walking. He looked shocked, turned and left. I decided the bagels could wait, got in my car and left. I had a feeling he was up to no good.

AyyVlogs (04-07-2018)
Old 09-30-2017, 12:48 PM
Received 294 Likes on 164 Posts

I had the opposite the other day. A guy followed me into a gas station. When I returned to the car after paying he was all over me with questions and praise for the car. Said he’d been following me for a couple of miles and loved the look of the car.
He didn’t want gas, just wanted to “gas”

Old 10-01-2017, 08:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

I also try to be as courteous and 'correct' as possible while driving around in the Jag. Whenever challenged at a light, I usually just blip the throttle and smile as the other guy roars off unchallenged; however, here in S.W. Fla. getting put down by a 91 yr. old in a Lincoln town car on the street where the speed limit is 40 mph does take a little fun out of the midnight main st. drag races, especially when midnight here is 9 pm.
Actually, I know my car is the hottest thing on the road, and that is sufficient for me. Since it is BRG and not a corvette, few of the locals here even notice it, or know what it is. That was somewhat the plan. I bought it for my pleasure, not anyone else.

Desert Dawg (10-01-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 10:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Reading threads like these always makes me a little sad to live in Miami. No one even notices a black F-Type when there's a Huracan on one side of you, a 488 on the other, and a Pagani breathing down your neck.

The following 2 users liked this post by Lusiphur:
AyyVlogs (04-07-2018), Burt Gummer (10-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member

Yep. Want attention? Drive to through Riddle Oregon .

BostonKiller (10-09-2017)
Old 10-07-2017, 12:44 AM
Received 177 Likes on 106 Posts

I go on drives with my brother - people act like his Gallardo is an alien spaceship (jaws dropping, staring, iPhone video taking - while driving)... meanwhile I’m in the stealth ftype getting no attention and loving it

Old 10-07-2017, 09:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When people feel wronged they go for the easiest target, it's human nature for some. If you had been fat and ugly they would have called you that, had they left you a note. Instead they only see a hot expensive car so they went for that. I'm surprised they didn't make a small-dick joke, or midlife crisis one.
But yeah, just be thankful they didn't key it!

Old 10-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Greggbhill
I go on drives with my brother - people act like his Gallardo is an alien spaceship (jaws dropping, staring, iPhone video taking - while driving)... meanwhile I’m in the stealth ftype getting no attention and loving it
I had the same experience in a Gallardo. Lamborghinis get a ton of attention. Maybe too much...

Old 10-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Received 182 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Lusiphur
Reading threads like these always makes me a little sad to live in Miami. No one even notices a black F-Type when there's a Huracan on one side of you, a 488 on the other, and a Pagani breathing down your neck.
Same here in the NE near Greenwich CT. My Firesand V8S with carbon exterior and black rims barely gets a second look from anyone. Have to be driving a McLaren or Ferrari / Lambo here to get peoples attention.

Old 10-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ek993
Same here in the NE near Greenwich CT. My Firesand V8S with carbon exterior and black rims barely gets a second look from anyone. Have to be driving a McLaren or Ferrari / Lambo here to get peoples attention.

Used F types are just getting cheap. It's watering them down to a point. Its frustrating to have a 112K car and see some dude next to you with almost the same thing (probably not an R but no one really notices badging) for like 45-50K.

The cars you mention depreciate of course, but their original MSRP were so much higher that it still doesnt matter (for the vast majority).

AyyVlogs (04-07-2018)
Old 10-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member

Your average people don't know cars or have a clue about how much they cost.

I was at a sidewalk Starbucks and there was a McLaren parked in front. I overheard the people at the table comment it was the ugliest kit car they have seen.

Bottom line is I do like attention, especially making some kids day, but it isn't a huge priority. If you get NO attention in an F-Type you obviously don't drive a Salsa colored one.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The silver lining is you have a super hot and cool car that people don't think about ruining (out of envy) because they don't notice it as much as a car that has looked the same for decades (Lamborghini etc).

jetsetter883 (03-19-2021)
Old 10-08-2017, 08:11 AM
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I believe it is wishful thinking that we get a pass from jerks. The F Type is an obviously exotic, beautiful car and that in itself is reason for a loser to approach. I want to be wrong.

Last edited by HalcyonDays; 10-08-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol I hear you, do a crazy carbon fiber wrap or get a project 7