F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land rover, Jaguar ice driving Academy

Old 02-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Land rover, Jaguar ice driving Academy

I just got back from the land rover / jaguar ice Driving Academy in Arjeplog Sweden.

if you are not familiar with Arjeplog Sweden this is the place about 35 miles from the Arctic Circle where many Automakers take their new models cars to test them in extreme conditions on a frozen lake.

At the academy we were given 3 full days of driving the Land Rover Sport, the F Pace, the F type S and the F type R on the frozen lake through many courses including the big circle (full drifting circle) the Figure 8 and a few track courses as well. you are taught by professional race car drivers how to maneuver the cars through the tracks drifting in and out of the corners and keep full control of the cars. Our group consisted of a total of 20 people they split you up into pairs so there is only 2 people per car and you trade off as drivers. not only is this a great way to see what the cards can do in these conditions you are able to compare the 4 models and capabilities under the same conditions such as AWD, rear wheel drive SUV and sports car and DSC on and off. If any of you get the chance to do this it is well worth it. I had a blast and will go back once new models come out.

The following users liked this post:
SanDiegoJAG (02-11-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 03:03 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

That's awesome. We talked about it a bit when the Jag mass email went out.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Its new so we were the first American group to go through the Academy and yes all of the other participants were jaguar or Land rover owners as well as a few press people to get the word out. I am sure interest will grow. i know that they are trying to reach out to non jaguar owners.

The following users liked this post:
SanDiegoJAG (02-11-2017)