F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini Cooper finally grew up to be Jag!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 07:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts
Default Mini Cooper finally grew up to be Jag!!

My salesman said if I fed it right and took good care of it, my Mini Cooper S would grow up to become a full sized Jaguar one day, and he was right!!
It only took a steady diet of premium fuel, regular oil changes,and weekly bathes and waxes. Oh and I guess the final meal of a check with a few(several) zero's) attached helped.
This morning, there in my garage, instead of my cute little red Mini Cooper S, resides a rather mean looking British Green Jag, just waiting to terrorize the locals.
I have been following this forum for quite a while and hopefully have learned quite a bit from the members as to what and how about the ins and outs of the Jag. I look forward to learning more, and eventually contributing in a small way. As I have said in the past, anyone in or coming into the S.W. Fla. area, give a yell. I know where the best rum runners are, and the former Mini, now Jag is always looking to compare notes.
Sam

Old 03-28-2017, 08:27 AM
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
...This morning, there in my garage, instead of my cute little red Mini Cooper S, resides a rather mean looking British Green Jag, just waiting to terrorize the locals...
Sam
Congratulations on the metamorphosis. Enjoy.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:44 AM
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Who knew??? That is AWESOME Sam! Congrats and please post photos! I will visit for Rum!
Beware of the permanent s%!t eating grin that will now be present on you face... It's ALL good!
Cheers!

Old 03-28-2017, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

I didn't have the heart to show SPUD ('02 JCW) to the curb.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:19 PM
Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

Hah! I have the F-Type R; my wife has a Mini Cooper S!

Both are tuned for extra hp of course.

Both great cars.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Congratulations! We will need more details on how much it grew (what Model) and other details.

Last edited by jaguny; 03-28-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

Still having to explain to my wife, she LOVED the Mini, but the garage would only hold 3 cars. Of course in a town where the average age is 93, I am not about to take the Jag to the local supermart parking lot (Publix). Had to get a 'town' car. Hit up my buddy at the service station for a beater. He had a one owner '89 Caddy Allante' that had been well used, not taken care off due to older owner. Needed a lot of work, but just what I needed for the unsafe parking lots.
For the record, British Racing Green, Brogue/Jet interior AWD S. Vision/Leather Package, Coup. Pix when I can get computer savvy enough.
My son, the computer system engineer, welcomed me into the 20th century when I got a smart phone, he said I will never make the 21st.
Looking forward to learning more thru this form.

The following users liked this post:
jaguny (03-31-2017)