Sponsored by:

The most beautiful cars on sale by Car and Driver

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 11-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

I'm not a fan of the 4C design either, but I did love the Lotus Elise/Exige.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:30 PM

Whats So Strange to me is that the replies here are the ONLY replies I ever seen that didnt think The 4C was Amazing Design... Have to wonder?

But like I say The People That matter in opinion are the True Designers of the World. Including Some of the Best fashion designers that I know Personally.

Every Single One of Those People All Agree Amazing Design!

But I guess I might say i didnt Love it so much if I couldnt get one either, as the Launch Editions are Sold Out!

Old 11-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by quinn1
Whats So Strange to me is that the replies here are the ONLY replies I ever seen that didnt think The 4C was Amazing Design... Have to wonder?

But like I say The People That matter in opinion are the True Designers of the World. Including Some of the Best fashion designers that I know Personally.

Every Single One of Those People All Agree Amazing Design!

But I guess I might say i didn't Love it so much if I couldn't get one either, as the Launch Editions are Sold Out!
Hey Quinn - Ever read the book "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell? It's a non fiction that in essence is about the human condition to "know" or "not to know" about the value of an item, talent, condition, etc... in the Blink of an eye.

Gladwell writes about the music artist Kenna and how music producers, talent scouts, the real experts in a given line of business generally just "know it when they see it. They almost universally concluded that Kenna would be a superstar.

In this case "the Best Fashion designers" - change "Fashion Designers for "those in the know for the music business" and I think you have a similar theme.

As for Kenna's mega stardom, the public felt the same way not so much. Ever hear of Kenna before this post? Download one of his tunes for 99 cents. I did and then did something I've rarely done which is to delete a song from my library that I paid for. During random play it would come on and just to painful to listen to.

That's not to infer that the 4c is anywhere near as abysmal as Kenna'a music, I actually like it o.k. The car, not Kenna's music. But to say "the people that matter are the true designers of the world" dude get a clue.

If your paycheck depends on sales of the 4c, the designers opinion means squat. That said, I hope the 4c catches on. After all, as said in previous post, my wife likes it.

The following users liked this post:
quinn1 (11-02-2014)
Old 11-02-2014, 11:40 PM

i guess The Thing Is This is a Jaguar Forum, So with That if Its Not a jaguar Then People are going to find fault. Truth is Every Single Review I have found talks about How Beautiful the 4C is. I seriously have not found anyone (Except on Here) that has had a bad thing to say about The 4C (Design).

I guess On The 4C forums If I put a Picture of my Also beautiful F Type, Everyone there would say how ugly it is too.

So, my point is The List is out as far as the most beautiful cars and the Top 2 are the F Type and 4C!

Im proud to be the owner of Both!

Old 11-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

I feel like having a fashion designer comment on auto design is akin to having a baseball player comment on water polo, but at this point yeah I guess I'm troll bait so.... Sorry!

Old 11-03-2014, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by quinn1
i guess The Thing Is This is a Jaguar Forum, So with That if Its Not a jaguar Then People are going to find fault. Truth is Every Single Review I have found talks about How Beautiful the 4C is. I seriously have not found anyone (Except on Here) that has had a bad thing to say about The 4C (Design).

I guess On The 4C forums If I put a Picture of my Also beautiful F Type, Everyone there would say how ugly it is too.

So, my point is The List is out as far as the most beautiful cars and the Top 2 are the F Type and 4C!

Im proud to be the owner of Both!
Honestly, I don't think the fact that it's an F-Type forum has anything to do with it. Since the F-Type is only a little over a year old, the owners here for the most part have owned beautiful cars from just about every manufacturer imaginable. I am also completely brand agnostic, having owned some of the best designs and performers from a half dozen different manufacturers.

I think it's just a simple matter of personal taste, and as the old saying goes, if everyone liked exactly the same thing, the world would be a very boring place. The 4C is also a very radical new design, which is often polarizing. I don't find the Bugatti Veyron's or Lamborghini's designs very appealing either, and no one can say they are not highly desirable cars.

Enjoy your new Alfa. it is certainly worthy of serious consideration as a excellent performer and fun car to drive.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

I do think that each car forum attracts a different taste. F-Type, C7, Aston Martin, etc. owners are probably into larger, more aggressive looking cars. Lotus, Boxster/Cayman, etc. owners are probably more into smaller, nimble looking cars. I bet if you post a poll on the C7 forum you'll get similar sentiments as here. But post this on a Lotus forum and they'll probably love the 4C (except those you won't like it because they want their Lotus to be the better). Chocolate vs vanilla. But I can definitely see how someone who likes vanilla would like the 4C. Now, the Veyron, I still have no idea why people like that car so much.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

All said, I reserve the right to change my mind since I actually haven't seen the 4C in person. Some cars look great in person, not so great in photos. Or looks great from certain angles but not others. I personally think the F-Type from the front is only a B+ in styling. But A+ from the rear. Very few cars look good from all angles.

Old 11-03-2014, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Certainly taste in cars is subjective, regardless I don't care for the 4c at all.. the front is good, but thats it. The car seems overdone.
I certainly do prefer the Jag F, or the XK and some other brands.
Anyway, I doubt anyone cares too much about others opinions and hopefully people will just buy what they like.
Lawrence

Old 11-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,595 Likes on 858 Posts

I'll chime in and only add that in my opinion that few (none actually) pictures of the F-Type whether in Coupe or Convertble do justice to the actual car in person!

Last edited by RickyJay52; 11-03-2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not use the word 'beautiful' to describe a Land Rover or the Cadillac version of the Volt.

The rest of the list seems good though.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

I have to say that when I first saw the F-Type in magazine photos I didn’t think much of it. It wasn’t until I saw its stance and overall lines in person that I knew it would be my next car. Oh yeah, the test drive really sealed the deal!

Not sure how the Cadillac ELR made this list. I have seen it in person and it is okay, but $70k for a glorified Volt. Anyone remember the Cimarron?

Old 11-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

The 4C is ugly imho.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 188 Posts

I've seen it, very hot. But it has to be your fun car, not daily, unless you're in your 20's.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug
OK, be honest now.....

How much is Alfa paying you to come onto a Jaguar hobbyist site and shill for them?

Cheers
DD
Not nearly enough to convince me to ever buy one for myself but my daughter will be graduating high school next year. I might buy her one.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Not nearly enough to convince me to ever buy one for myself but my daughter will be graduating high school next year. I might buy her one.
Lucky kid. At that age I had a $4000 Citroen AX. I had to buy my own luxury and sports cars.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by Dremorg
They aren't really a car for daily commuting. There is no glove box and very little rear storage. The seats can adjust forwards and backwards, but very little reclining and you cannot raise/lower the seat without tools. Basically you set the seat for one driver and that's about it.

I think they are brilliant cars for their purpose (casual use and "drive to the track" track car), but I decided not to pursue one further due to various reasons (including some mentioned above).

Old 12-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say that I (along with everyone else here apparently, except quinn) think the AR 4C is hideous. While I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I also think that objectively certain cars are either appealing to the eye or not, based upon their proportions. That's where AR got it wrong with the 4C. The proportions are all out of wack. It look like a roller skate when viewed from the side.

And quinn, since you seem to think everyone in the world (except everyone on here has posted in this thread) thinks the 4C is the most beautiful car ever made, I can tell you conclusively that you are wrong. In fact, several astetic features of the 4C has already been changed since the launch edition, particularly the headlights that basically received across the board disapproval from the automotive community. All you have to do is google "4C ugly headlights" and you'll find an extensive list of webpages and auto blogs that talk about how ugly the headlights and front end are on the 4C.

I'm not sure who these "fashion" people are that you are referring to, but keep this in mind: people in the real world who know you personally and know that you're buying this car will probably tell you want you want to hear even if it's not the truth. On this forum, people are going to be more honest and perhaps harsher than people you talk to in real life. That means you're probably going to get more objective and honest opinions on this and other forums than you will get by talking to your friends, family and "fashion" people.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edit: I just looked at your facebook page... bro, do you post about anything other than your car, lol.

Quick Reply: The most beautiful cars on sale by Car and Driver