F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newest Issue: The Battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutal
Also to note the EVERY TIME you replace the battery this module is to be reset with sdd to know that a new battery has been installed and zero all values. YEAH this aint your dads Jaguar...
Really? That pretty much means that you have to go to the dealer for a new battery. This is the first I've heard of this.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by stmcknig
I have the Power Magic running without problems. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.
What settings are u running? Which fuse did you tap for your power?

Old 08-17-2017, 04:34 PM
Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Hello, I just got the symptoms starting yesterday. Boy it's persistent. I have a 2 yr old car, so with the battery in the trunk there is no 'under hood' aging per se. The first check of the voltage was 11.7V. It cranks fine, but the stupid screen keeps saying "low battery - start the car" (or whatever). I'm charging tonight, then locking the doors to 'reset' the nag message. We'll see what happens.

Anyone know how to reset the voltage monitor circuit?

Old 08-17-2017, 09:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,656 Likes on 3,363 Posts

Originally Posted by inmanlanier
Hello, I just got the symptoms starting yesterday. Boy it's persistent. I have a 2 yr old car, so with the battery in the trunk there is no 'under hood' aging per se. The first check of the voltage was 11.7V. It cranks fine, but the stupid screen keeps saying "low battery - start the car" (or whatever). I'm charging tonight, then locking the doors to 'reset' the nag message. We'll see what happens.

Anyone know how to reset the voltage monitor circuit?
Disconnect the battery for 15 seconds (positive or negative side), then reconnect.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:16 PM

After the last time I posted this, the problem went away. A couple of days ago, it came back. I ignored it. Today I went into the garage and it was totally dead. After charging for a while, the car will start now.

I decided to ascertain for the warranty information on the OEM battery. OMG - we have idiots at Jag. I cannot find literature that discussed the warranty of the battery. I called Jag USA, was sent to customer relations, the guy tried to BS me stating that the local dealer will tell me after they've tested after guessing it was under the normal 60K mile warranty (when he said that I said - don't guess - you may be wrong - find out for real).

When I finally convinced the idiot I'm not talking cause - I'm simply wanting to know IF the battery is dead, IS it covered by Jag. Back on hold. 27 minutes later - I'm told I have to go to the dealer - the dealer will advise after testing. What BS.

SO... I'll now try the reset (after this charge). But so I know - does anyone know the warranty on the JAG OEM batteries? Most US cars are 12 mo. pro-rate - nothing to do with the car warranty.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Received 2,619 Likes on 1,806 Posts

A failing or weak battery can cause all sorts of 'electrical faults'.

With the ignition in the off position, if the voltage across the battery terminals is less than 12.5 volts, the battery must be replaced for the vehicle and accessories to perform correctly.

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 02:34 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,089 Likes on 1,391 Posts

My 2014 Warranty says this:
Bumper to bumper: 4 years/50,000 miles
Battery: 4 years/50,000 miles
Wear parts and service adjustments: 1 year/12,500 miles
Corrosion: 6 years/unlimited mileage

This is in the 'Passport to Service' book, not the Owner's Handbook. I know the bumper-to-bumper warranty has changed since then.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2004 xj8 just came back from a diagnostics check from jag meachanics and the print out says battery not within range. It seems that when battery is wrong there can be many codes. I take to store where battery was bought and they say everything is fine. When I mention this to mechanic the best he can say is quote "Curious. Only time will tell"
What the heck?

Old 10-12-2017, 03:20 PM

Thanks, DJS - that's encouraging. Anyone with a 2016 warranty booklet (the Jag idiots didn't have one online they could direct me to and mine did not come with the car)?

Old 10-12-2017, 04:21 PM
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by inmanlanier
Thanks, DJS - that's encouraging. Anyone with a 2016 warranty booklet (the Jag idiots didn't have one online they could direct me to and mine did not come with the car)?
MY2016 Passport to Service booklet, page 5 states:

New Vehicle Limited Warranty
Battery
4 years / 50,000 miles (whichever occurs first)

NOTE: Some states have mandated alternate coverage time periods for parts of your vehicle (e.g. seat belts)

Old 10-12-2017, 04:39 PM

thanks so much. Looks like I'll be taking it down to Jag now that I know I don't have to pay!

Old 10-13-2017, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 329 Likes on 256 Posts

without recapping all that's been said;

- these cars are extremely succeptible to battery voltage and they are hard on batteries.
- I use a battery tender every day
- if the dealer wouldn't immediately replace the (AGM) battery, I'd do it myself - not worth the hassle over a relatively minor expense.....once it was replaced and all the error messages dissappeared, I'd revisit the dealer service dept. and have a "chat" with them. ;-)

Dave

Old 10-13-2017, 02:34 PM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

I had the same issue and took it to Jaguar Marin. They tested the electrical system and replaced the battery under warranty.