F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible to replace facelift (2020+) side vents?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 10:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Possible to replace facelift (2020+) side vents?

Weird question but I'll try. I've come to love the look of the newer MYs and close to buying a 22 to replace my 18. I don't love a few things:
  • The sound compared to my 18, I'll try pulling the fuse when I get it but the pops and bangs I guess I'll just have to live without (don't fancy risking the warranty with a tune just for the pops)
  • The newer fake-looking hood scoops, stuck with those though
  • The fake side/power vents, they look very cheap and tacky
On the last part - is there anywhere you can buy replacement side vents that are closer to the pre facelift? I know there's a few places that do (like Black Ops: https://www.blackopsautoworks.com/pr...de-power-vents) but these only seem to be for pre-facelift cars. Anyone know if these are compatible with the newer MYs?

I'm guessing not with the front-end redesign, especially with the official parts list showing the OEM parts as only compatible up to 2020: https://parts.jaguarvirginiabeach.co...-black-t2r2262

Old 04-12-2023, 06:56 AM
Received 417 Likes on 225 Posts

I went from an '18 to a '23 and the sound is noticeably muffled, mostly because of the GPF in the downpipes that are now mandatory in Europe but installed on all cars (and you can't remove them). Pulling the fuse definitely helps although it's still not as raucous as the '18s and older. Pops and bangs are still there just not as prevalent or as often. I think aftermarket downpipes with 200 cell cats would help more with the sound than just a straight tune (although I have one ready to install). As for the side vents, they are not compatible with the older ones and I haven't found any replacements yet.

Old 04-12-2023, 06:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
I went from an '18 to a '23 and the sound is noticeably muffled, mostly because of the GPF in the downpipes that are now mandatory in Europe but installed on all cars (and you can't remove them). Pulling the fuse definitely helps although it's still not as raucous as the '18s and older. Pops and bangs are still there just not as prevalent or as often. I think aftermarket downpipes with 200 cell cats would help more with the sound than just a straight tune (although I have one ready to install). As for the side vents, they are not compatible with the older ones and I haven't found any replacements yet.
Nooooooo, yeah that's what I feared on both fronts, appreciate the quick reply!

Are you still happy overall with the switch from 18 to 23? I'd be going from R to R, I like that I'll get proper carplay and overall mostly like the front end grille... just minus the side vents as well as the weird hood vents. Primarily aiming to keep a warranty because my R had endless electrical issues (as well as supercharger coolant system failure) with over a month worth of dealership work and many modules replaced, luckily all under warranty, so I really don't want to own it out of warranty! I do love my 18 sound though (and have the fuse pulled)... but reluctantly understand this is the last of the fun...