F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project 7 grill resources?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 04:34 PM
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Has anybody heard anything on these grill orders or seen the test fit video? It's been awful quiet since my order was placed!
PS My order confirmation was in junk mail as well

Old 08-11-2021, 07:37 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cirving
Has anybody heard anything on these grill orders or seen the test fit video? It's been awful quiet since my order was placed!
PS My order confirmation was in junk mail as well
I heard the test fit didn't work. there are a few items that need to be tweaked to fit. I think they are retooling the part and resending for a test fit. He is sending it overseas to orlando florida, so it takes a few weeks due to customs.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:45 AM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis Tellechea
I heard the test fit didn't work. there are a few items that need to be tweaked to fit. I think they are retooling the part and resending for a test fit. He is sending it overseas to orlando florida, so it takes a few weeks due to customs.
would’ve been nice to communicate this to customers? The Instagram post sounded like these grills are ready to go.

The following 3 users liked this post by mrjohnt:
Cirving (08-11-2021), ferrral (08-11-2021), JacksonvilleJag (08-12-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 05:49 PM
Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Do you know when he said this? I know Carl, from VR said that almost a month ago and the person in Orlando gave the okay on everything fitting after they made the adjustments that's why they put them up for sale. I was talking to him for a few months a long the way until it was released.
I also ordered one the day they went up. Carl had said that it would ship out in 7-10 days...it looks like they're saying about 14 days for deliveries to start. I haven't gotten an update since I ordered it also though

Old 08-12-2021, 12:49 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Robc2562
Do you know when he said this? I know Carl, from VR said that almost a month ago and the person in Orlando gave the okay on everything fitting after they made the adjustments that's why they put them up for sale. I was talking to him for a few months a long the way until it was released.
I also ordered one the day they went up. Carl had said that it would ship out in 7-10 days...it looks like they're saying about 14 days for deliveries to start. I haven't gotten an update since I ordered it also though
the guy in Orlando lives near me and he tried to fit it last week. the pins are too long and the holes for the sensors are too small. carl has to adjust the sensor holes and retool the pins. he will then send to to the us again for a refit.

The following users liked this post:
Robc2562 (08-12-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 02:18 AM
Received 272 Likes on 189 Posts

Can concur, I just got this response after sending an email inquiry about my order.
sales@vehiclerevolution.com
to me
Thu, Aug 12, 3:34 PM (18 hours ago)

Hi William,

The P7 grille is approximately 5-7 days away due to having make micro adjustments to sensor holders and shortening of grille pins for a flusher fit.
This first version was sent to Scott in Orlando to conduct the feedback report
Kind Regards

Gabriel
https://www.VehicleRevolution.com

Old 08-18-2021, 07:57 AM
Received 376 Likes on 173 Posts

When I originally agreed to do the installation video for VR, I also assumed this was a finished product ready to go. Due to schedule and other factors, I solicited the help of another local owner to help with the installation and video. Subsequently, we determined the mount locations were in fact too long and the sensor holders slightly too narrow to accept the sensor mounts after the grill was painted. So they are in the process of adjusting the design to fix for these issues. We also provided some feedback on the finish of the gloss black, which was also to be taken into account on subsequent runs.

The grill itself seems to be made of a quality ABS plastic and my understanding is they have built a CNC mold to produce these grills for accuracy. I am not in any way affiliated with VR, only another enthusiast who signed up to help be a tester. The version of the grill I received has been since sent to another person who is going to complete the rest of the test fitting and video installations as my schedule does not allow for this moving forward.

VR did in fact ship this express from China (where their factory is located that is building them) and arrived to me in an about a week after it originally shipped. I would recommend staying patient as they are working on those adjustments, but I would defer you to reach out to Carl with any questions or concerns, as I am not in a position to answer anything further than what I have posted here.

The following 5 users liked this post by skizot:
Cirving (08-18-2021), DJS (08-18-2021), eeeeek (08-18-2021), mrjohnt (08-23-2021), Nodnarb (08-18-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 02:38 PM
Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Bumping this. Any updates to fitment?

Old 08-23-2021, 03:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I emailed them last week and got a similar reply/picture as JacksonvilleJag:

Yes it’s being tested by Robert in the US as we speak as this is a P7 grille and we wanted to make sure no issues on fitting into a regular F-Type model.

We micro adjusted the sensor holders and have slightly shortened the fitting pins for a flusher fit
Please see pic attached

Kind Regards
Carl

Old 08-23-2021, 10:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

A few hours after my last post and I get a great update from Carl. Uploaded his shared photos, but don't know how to reduce the image size. Not my car as this is from the tester down in FL.

I can update you with confirmation of the fitting update which Peter conducted upon receiving the grille!

I’ve attached pics of the installation and his feedback!

This is now given us the green light to finish final quality control checks and dispatch later this week

Kind Regards
Carl

Old 08-23-2021, 10:24 PM

Legit!

putting my order in now!

Old 08-23-2021, 11:05 PM
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm sure this is a dumb question regarding the Project 7 grill mentioned above, but are you buying just the mesh section of the grill or does it include the ovalish frame around the grill? The reason for my question is simple, I'm not intending to replace the chrome surround of my existing grill, I just want to discard the center bar since the previous owner and/or dealer managed to drill five holes into the bar for the license plate and I've already ordered a Sto N Show plate bracket for the front. Given that I have parking sensor in the center bar, getting the black mesh grill insert and still being able to use my chrome piece would be super.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,187 Likes on 2,351 Posts

You can't use the OEM grille surround (your chrome piece) with the P7 style mesh as the OEM grille surround has cut outs at each end for the centre bar while the P7 style does not have these cut outs.

TX69XKE (08-24-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 01:22 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This may be a silly question, and if so I apologize, but it is my understanding that one of the challenges with the P7 Grill on non-P7 F-Types is the parking sensor mounts. For those of us without the vision package (or whichever it is) that includes the parking sensors, is this a moot point? I know my car has the sensor mounts on it but I do not have the reverse camera or parking sensors. Just curious. Thanks.

Old 08-24-2021, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 979 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by BarneysFType
This may be a silly question, and if so I apologize, but it is my understanding that one of the challenges with the P7 Grill on non-P7 F-Types is the parking sensor mounts. For those of us without the vision package (or whichever it is) that includes the parking sensors, is this a moot point? I know my car has the sensor mounts on it but I do not have the reverse camera or parking sensors. Just curious. Thanks.
Does not matter. If you look at the posts above and/or the pictures, it has the sensor mounts. And from what I understand, unless you already have an OEM P7 grill, you cannot get one....So this is your only option (besides Paramount), and it has the sensor holders.

DC

Old 08-24-2021, 05:38 PM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Does this come already painted gloss black?

Old 09-03-2021, 09:41 PM
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Any news updates?

Old 09-07-2021, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by TX69XKE
Any news updates?
I recently reached out to ask about a missing sales order email. They responded with some extra pictures. Sounds like its coming along nicely, but no shipment notification as of yet. They have over 100 on order so far, so they are being very careful with final product so as not to lose out on refunds due to poor fitment.

TX69XKE (09-07-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 03:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default :)

Originally Posted by skizot
When I originally agreed to do the installation video for VR, I also assumed this was a finished product ready to go. Due to schedule and other factors, I solicited the help of another local owner to help with the installation and video. Subsequently, we determined the mount locations were in fact too long and the sensor holders slightly too narrow to accept the sensor mounts after the grill was painted. So they are in the process of adjusting the design to fix for these issues. We also provided some feedback on the finish of the gloss black, which was also to be taken into account on subsequent runs.

The grill itself seems to be made of a quality ABS plastic and my understanding is they have built a CNC mold to produce these grills for accuracy. I am not in any way affiliated with VR, only another enthusiast who signed up to help be a tester. The version of the grill I received has been since sent to another person who is going to complete the rest of the test fitting and video installations as my schedule does not allow for this moving forward.

VR did in fact ship this express from China (where their factory is located that is building them) and arrived to me in an about a week after it originally shipped. I would recommend staying patient as they are working on those adjustments, but I would defer you to reach out to Carl with any questions or concerns, as I am not in a position to answer anything further than what I have posted here.
I might be interested in this....would ur local shop be available for another install?....if so...how much time does this job take (I think the whole bumper has to come off right?)...I might want to drive over to Orlando to have the work done

Last edited by Capt. Obvious; 09-09-2021 at 03:34 AM.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:53 AM
Received 376 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious
I might be interested in this....would ur local shop be available for another install?....if so...how much time does this job take (I think the whole bumper has to come off right?)...I might want to drive over to Orlando to have the work done
The other local owner did this himself out of his garage. Not really something that difficult to do, but would think if you'd prefer to have someone do the install, any local body shop could handle this easily. Probably about an hour or so job.

Quick Reply: Project 7 grill resources?