F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing track: F-Type S 380 hp RWD vs. F-Type R 550 hp RWD

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

I had a chance to run Extreme Experience a few years back on my 65th birthday...gift from my kids. Ran the track in a Lamborghini Galardo (spell check), a McLaren and a Ferrari 458. Ran as fast as I could. Afterwards, one of the driving instructors took me around the track in his 5.0 Mustang. His time ate me up, he killed me. Technique and skill wins those races. To post a thread like this inferring an F type S is quicker than the F type R is a waste of air time.

The following users liked this post:
BlackPenquinn (05-02-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 882 Posts

Yes, I'm quicker on a track in the V6 S than I am in the R, but that is because I am more comfortable in the V6 S and can throw it around a bit more and I dont get the dts interference from my obsession with mashing the pedal. While all of the instructors I've had on Jag drive days have said that the V6 S is better on tighter tracks (but gets eaten by the R on big ones), I sure that they would be plenty faster than me in the 4 potter regardless of anything I drove, unless the track had no corners.

Old 05-03-2018, 03:17 AM
Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Misujerr
Thanks for the vid. Went down a youtube rabbit hole, as I often do and came up with this:
This guy's "job" is to "taxi" people around the Ring! Wow... He used an M3 before (saw a vid with him keeping up with a Cayman GT4 AND Aventador - with three other people in the car!)
But now he uses an SVR!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_UxJwlfiqc
You can get a ride for 200 Euros
Nürburgring, Ring-Taxis, Race-Taxis and booking your ride! | BridgeToGantry.com
Paul, Ostrava is in the Czech Republic.
Bushwhacker: LOL...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJtf7R_oVaw

That is Dale, I've spoken to him it at length.
If it was him who informed me that wet/snow mode on an AWD Jaguar actually locks the AWD power split as close to 50/50 as possible. He even admits that on a wet lap on the ring he uses snow/wet mode as he goes faster and he is a race driver, he switches to dynamic if his intended purpose is to show boat in the wet.

I've done extensive testing at the drag strip and also discovered wet/snow mode is worth nearly a tenth in the 60FT, of course resulting in the fastest quarter mile times.

On my stock SVR I am current at a PB of 11.28@124mph which for a stock car is going quite well and I believe its possible to get that down to around an 11.1s run on a perfect run with no heat soak.

Old 05-06-2018, 04:18 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

was it me or did he pass a Volvo SUV with a luggage carrier on the roof at about 8m30s. If so, that's funny to me to be tracking that vehicle

Old 05-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,652 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by watson6505
was it me or did he pass a Volvo SUV with a luggage carrier on the roof at about 8m30s. If so, that's funny to me to be tracking that vehicle
You run with what you got.