Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing buttons

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 04:31 AM
Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Replacing buttons

Hi all,
and thanks for the content shared on the forum - very useful!
I have read many threads on the famous sticky buttons issue - mostly as to how remove the coating that causes the stickiness, but less on people having fully replaced buttons when not under warranty.
On my 2013 v6s f-type, i have overall very used buttons and this is not only the coating but the prints that are fading away… i did changes a few easy ones - stop/start, P button on the shift, and the 2 exhaust/ESP ones… Having said this, now the ones on the steering wheel (flat bottom) are in poor condition and same for the ones to adjust the driver seat…
The price tag is quite « a lot » just for average plastic buttons… anyone has found alternative solutions? I saw stickers on amazon (see link below), but i assume this would be very cheap result - so not considering it (anyone has tried?).
also in a few years the OEM buttons will not be accessible so maybe this is worth paying the bill for the whole replacement…
any thoughts welcome!
have a nice day,
Pierre-Emmanuel

https://www.amazon.com/ZXZCV-Steering-Buttons-Stickers-Accessories/dp/B091F4C5H7

Old 02-06-2022, 09:36 AM
Received 138 Likes on 77 Posts

Welcome to forum!

In the past, I have tried non-OEM stuff from Amazon and EBay and it’s really hit or miss and I seem to end up going with the more expensive option in the end so sometimes a bit of wasted money. When it comes to certain parts, OEM is the best and I’ve had luck finding used parts on EBay from cars that are being parted out (interior panels, glove box, trunk floor board, etc.). Recently I purchased a number of parts from an eBay seller for roughly 1/3 of the dealer price. Every piece arrived mint despite coming off a wrecked f type.

You might want to see if you can find a used wheel on there but please verify the steering wheel is the same year or model. I think the F type have different steering wheels button wiring/configuration that varies year to year. I replaced my steering wheel with one from Guardian design and remember reading that some fellow forum members had issues with this when replacing theirs and had to replace their buttons on their “new” steering wheel from Guardian. Guardian now matches your steering wheel year so it’s not an issue anymore.

Good luck.