Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat inserts - removal / replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 03:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Seat inserts - removal / replacement

I have had a quick search but couldn't find any info on this
does anyone have any guides or has done and feels like sharing how to go about swapping out the inserts on the sport seats?

i am looking to replace the black inserts with some carbon pieces

Old 03-04-2021, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,138 Likes on 2,312 Posts

Just a quick heads up, the seats in your pic are "performance" seats not "sports" seats.

Old 03-04-2021, 04:37 PM

Ok sorry.. I meant Performance seats...

Old 03-04-2021, 04:58 PM
Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts

I just had a look for you. The inserts are two piece with the join quite deep into the hole. From the back of the chair the seam is easily accessed with a pry tool and can be separated and each half removed. Have not done this so can’t advise if you will or won’t damage any tabs doing this. As the front piece is quite deep you will probably be looking at hydro dipping as wrapping will be impossible without a seam .

Old 03-04-2021, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,138 Likes on 2,312 Posts

Originally Posted by Borbor
I just had a look for you. The inserts are two piece with the join quite deep into the hole. From the back of the chair the seam is easily accessed with a pry tool and can be separated and each half removed. Have not done this so can’t advise if you will or won’t damage any tabs doing this. As the front piece is quite deep you will probably be looking at hydro dipping as wrapping will be impossible without a seam .
And I had a look at and play with mine at the same time!
Yes, two pieces joined together but not quite in the middle, more like 2/3 - 1/3, and I can't see any way they could have been fitted without simply pushing/clipping them together so they should in theory unclip and pull apart with some pry tools.

Old 03-04-2021, 05:16 PM

im pretty sure that at least the larger front part doesn't just push / clip in as the part I have to go in its place has what looks like screw holes hence my asking if anyone knows how to take the seat apart

Old 03-04-2021, 05:54 PM
Received 152 Likes on 100 Posts

Do you have a carbon fibre rear piece?
presumably the rear piece clips onto the front piece. I can’t see from your photo but there must a flange or lip for it to attach too.
If you don’t have the second half then I guess you are supposed to reuse the original. If that’s the case then you just pry off the back piece. Unscrew the front piece , put your new one in and rescrew and clip the back piece in.
There really isn’t anything else to disassemble.

Old 03-04-2021, 06:11 PM
Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by UKSteve
I have had a quick search but couldn't find any info on this
does anyone have any guides or has done and feels like sharing how to go about swapping out the inserts on the sport seats?

i am looking to replace the black inserts with some carbon pieces

try this...https://www.koshigroup.com/product/j...drest-inserts/

Old 03-04-2021, 06:55 PM

ok I figured it out... back pieces clip out with a trim tool then front pieces are held in with three small torx screws and sort of slide out the front (with a bit of a wiggle)

Old 03-04-2021, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by UKSteve
ok I figured it out... back pieces clip out with a trim tool then front pieces are held in with three small torx screws and sort of slide out the front (with a bit of a wiggle)
my bad, I didn’t realize you already had the inserts. Looking forward to seeing them installed and any other carbon pieces you have.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I just completed the installation of the Kioshi CF inserts into my F-Type just now. To remove the inserts I found the easiest way is to place your fingers on to the back part of the back insert and pull straight up which unclips to top two points. Then you pull the rear insert straight out. There are then 3 torx screws to remove and then the front insert can be removed. The front CF insert is held with the three torx screws but the CF back insert will either need to be secured with thick double sided foam tape or some type of liquid adhesive(don’t recommend) but this is what Kioshi recommends.

The following users liked this post:
OzXFR (03-04-2021)
Old 03-05-2021, 03:47 AM
Received 272 Likes on 189 Posts

Nice, thanks for this thread. I've been considering the Koshi CF seat pieces. Please post pictures of them installed.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 187 Posts

You can get the Koshi parts from Madness Autoworks here in the US.

Old 03-05-2021, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag;[url=tel:2361489
2361489[/url]]Nice, thanks for this thread. I've been considering the Koshi CF seat pieces. Please post pictures of them installed.
I have included some pictures of the inserts installed. I purchased them from Madness Auto Works they are US based. They are a great company with great people. I have purchased many CF parts and for the most parts the interior parts are very well made by Koshi. The exterior CF parts are terrible my advice stay away!
The pictures are not great because the car is in storage and covered.

Old 03-05-2021, 01:32 PM
Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by BenFT
I have included some pictures of the inserts installed. I purchased them from Madness Auto Works they are US based. They are a great company with great people. I have purchased many CF parts and for the most parts the interior parts are very well made by Koshi. The exterior CF parts are terrible my advice stay away!
The pictures are not great because the car is in storage and covered.

I was hoping for red ones to match the stitching. I haven't sent them an email yet.

Old 03-05-2021, 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=BenFT;2361658]I have included some pictures of the inserts installed. I purchased them from Madness Auto Works they are US based. They are a great company with great people. I have purchased many CF parts and for the most parts the interior parts are very well made by Koshi. The exterior CF parts are terrible my advice stay away!

I was planning to buy mirror caps and the front end center piece from Koshi - What exterior parts have you purchased and had problems with? would love details and photos before I purchase. tjhanks.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=gg2684;2361703]
Originally Posted by BenFT;[url=tel:2361658
2361658[/url]]I have included some pictures of the inserts installed. I purchased them from Madness Auto Works they are US based. They are a great company with great people. I have purchased many CF parts and for the most parts the interior parts are very well made by Koshi. The exterior CF parts are terrible my advice stay away!

I was planning to buy mirror caps and the front end center piece from Koshi - What exterior parts have you purchased and had problems with? would love details and photos before I purchase. tjhanks.
Do waste your money or time!!! The mirror caps only include one of the several tabs to keep it secured. When I spoke to Koshi they told me I had to use a liquid adhesive to secure it. I asked what if I need to remove the cap later and I got no response. I also purchased the grill surround, the bumper cover. I could not get them flush to the radar sensors their response was I needed to use the screw holes and liquid adhesive. It crazy that I have to drill screws into the original number bar. The website states it’s an easy install. Wow I would what constitutes a difficult job. Stay away from those parts. If you want CF caps buy the OEM from Jaguar.

Old 03-05-2021, 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=BenFT;2361742]
Originally Posted by gg2684

Do waste your money or time!!! The mirror caps only include one of the several tabs to keep it secured. When I spoke to Koshi they told me I had to use a liquid adhesive to secure it. I asked what if I need to remove the cap later and I got no response. I also purchased the grill surround, the bumper cover. I could not get them flush to the radar sensors their response was I needed to use the screw holes and liquid adhesive. It crazy that I have to drill screws into the original number bar. The website states it’s an easy install. Wow I would what constitutes a difficult job. Stay away from those parts. If you want CF caps buy the OEM from Jaguar.
were you able to use double sided tape on the mirror covers or did you just not install them?

Old 03-05-2021, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

I bought the exterior mirror and they are great. Had to replace previous due to one delaminating. Also bought interior center (3pcs) and really like them.

Old 03-05-2021, 06:50 PM
Veteran Member

Mirror is not cover but replacement took 10 min for both using the pry off tools.

Quick Reply: Seat inserts - removal / replacement