Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Velocity AP: Customers please post here in one place

Please post:

1) Car type
2) Mods installed
3) Cost of mods
4). HP gain and or Noticed galn

Let's get all consumer data right here, all in one place, once and for all!

Also Stuart is invited to post what's currently available, what we can expect in terms of gains and what our forum member prices are.

No more scattered searches for Velocity info. Put it all here guys!

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-07-2016 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:25 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll kick it off:

1) 2014 F-Type V8S
2) Bone stock except for the Velocity AP tune (91 octane)
3) $1000
4) Haven't dyno'ed the car but it is significantly faster and more responsive throughout the rev range. It's really highlighting how bad the stock Pirellis are!

Old 06-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member
Default MI-F-TYPE says:

Originally Posted by MI-FType
Velocity Stage One - ECU only (for now).

Velocity states that HP is increased to around 605 at the crank. Definitely feels like it on the butt dyno. Forum member Cbroth1 also has this tune and claims similar results.

I have the V-Tech handheld and will revert back to stock when bringing it in for service.
From another post

Old 06-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by myidsucks
I'll kick it off:

1) 2014 F-Type V8S
2) Bone stock except for the Velocity AP tune (91 octane)
3) $1000
4) Haven't dyno'ed the car but it is significantly faster and more responsive throughout the rev range. It's really highlighting how bad the stock Pirellis are!
Do you feel the performance increase in all driving modes?

Old 06-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

The "placebo effect" is a scientifically proven fact. If you expect your tune to add more power, chances are you'll "feel" more power.

The only way to know what, if anything, you've gained is a before and after on the same dyno. I know Velocity is working hard to try to produce those data because a lot of people are waiting to see real data, not butt dyno perceptions.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
The "placebo effect" is a scientifically proven fact. If you expect your tune to add more power, chances are you'll "feel" more power.

The only way to know what, if anything, you've gained is a before and after on the same dyno. I know Velocity is working hard to try to produce those data because a lot of people are waiting to see real data, not butt dyno perceptions.
Yea, I was leaning more towards hoping for a "Definitely meaner snarl with intake and exhaust" as opposed to "I seem to feel more power post flash" when I asked for perceptions, but lets see where this goes. I'd rather encourage people to share their experiences, good or bad, here than feel that they should not say anything without definite proof. Most of us are sharp enough to process what we read with a salt grain. I think at the end of the day we can compile some good feedback if everyone who had indeed applied any level of AP to their cars speak about their experience.

Users, please feel free to contribute, whatever your perceptions are. Feel free to state whether "You'd do it again"

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-07-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member

Sure, but I know where it's going because there are precious little data as of yet. There have been dozens of similar threads over the last 2+ years. If there were reliable data, Stuart would have posted it.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member

Sure, but I know where it's going because there are precious little data as of yet. There have been dozens of similar threads over the last 2+ years. If there were reliable data, Stuart would have posted it.
We can talk about all mods, including exhaust, etc. I know he is awaiting a dyno'ed result but in the meantime we can kick it around until the time comes for proof. If this data is out there in different places, perhaps we can cut and paste it and gather it all here. When I ran a search, it led to hair pulling. Further, I see new posts about "Dinan", "reliable tuners", etc so again, let's gather what we do know so far and put it here unless you feel it's better not to even discuss it until we have Dyno. I don't plan to pull any triggers until we do have viable proof but it would be nice to know what others are thinking at this point.

Another example is the new post about "Velocity Cats just installed". That information could be here along with al the other Velocity info. His product info is simply too scattered.

I'm the newbie here and I'll go in the direction you think is best.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-07-2016 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:12 PM
Veteran Member

"Newbies" and "veterans" are equals. I was simply adding my perspective based upon reading dozens of similar threads over the last several years. I would be the last to try to censure anything.

Carry on . . .

Old 06-07-2016, 11:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

At this point, we are fairly certain the OEM tunes are fairly consistent. We just need the resulting after hp/tq curves from a load bearing dyno, preferably a Dynamat or Mustang (no Dynojets, please).
Just let us know when the butt dyno indicates a decline, otherwise we will just assume an un-quantifiable improvement.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
At this point, we are fairly certain the OEM tunes are fairly consistent. We just need the resulting after hp/tq curves from a load bearing dyno, preferably a Dynamat or Mustang (no Dynojets, please).
Just let us know when the butt dyno indicates a decline, otherwise we will just assume an un-quantifiable improvement.
Good thought, a simple happy or not would suffice in the absence of data.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:46 PM
Veteran Member

"Newbies" and "veterans" are equals. I was simply adding my perspective based upon reading dozens of similar threads over the last several years. I would be the last to try to censure anything.

Carry on . . .
Foosh I didn't mean it in a sarcastic way, I meant to say I believe you that you've seen similar posts in the past and that you have felt the data acquired isn't processable to ones liking without proof.

But I'm also saying that at least if the data is in one place, we can all peruse it and glean from it what we wish. We can also eliminate forum clutter all at the same time.

Would a drag vid between two cars, one flashed and one stock mean anything? I'm in the Bay and would volunteer to engage as the stock baseline "R" as there are several Bay Area forum members, and at least a few modded. Would that be even helpful? If there is a flashed car in the area, we can set up a meet and after a few minutes I am sure we can get to the bottom of whether the flash is an improvement. If it is close to being true that a flashed car gets 605BHP, My stock car should be smoked every run, which is what I'd hope.

There are also several Dyno machines in the area is there anything I can do for Stuart as in guineapig my car for the good of the forum? I would be glad to volunteer my car in lieu of a flash if it would help.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-07-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:04 AM
Veteran Member

What I'm saying is that the only really definitive data, showing all relevant parameters to illustrate the safety of a tune in addition to gains across the rpm spectrum, have been posted by Unhingd on a V6S, and he worked with a local shop to develop a custom tune. A lot of people have promised Stuart data, but it hasn't yet worked out, so I don't think there's much data to consolidate in one place.

I'm sure Stuart would appreciate your offer to deliver real data.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-08-2016 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:13 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
Do you feel the performance increase in all driving modes?
Can't say - I've never driven the car in any mode other than Dynamic mode.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm very happy with the many tune versions I've tested for Velocity AP. The main obstacle to data for the R is the extremely limited availability of AWD dynos. For me, this is the only reason I haven't produced data lately.

The $200-$300/hr + setup fee price tag around here doesn't help either.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj

But I'm also saying that at least if the data is in one place, we can all peruse it and glean from it what we wish. We can also eliminate forum clutter all at the same time.
Polaris, I understand and appreciate your eagerness to acquire empirical data, as I am among the avid watchers waiting for the same...

Without intending to minimize your effort however, I think you are attempting to extract data that simply doesn't exist... squeeze blood out of a turnip as they say. If the wealth of data you are seeking were available, don't you think Stuart and/or Velocity would have that posted already, either here or on their website?

There might be 4 or 5 different Velocity AP threads circulating, not so many that us sharp folk cant easily keep up. I follow them all when they are bumped back to the top with updates. Subscribe to each thread if you like, and you'll get an email each time there is new info.

And your thread has already become cluttered... just sayin!

The following users liked this post:
schraderade (06-08-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member

Not sure I can be any more clearer As to my main goal was simply to consolidate the AP customers into one stream so we can pick and choose what each of us wants to out of the data. This contradicts what you're implying I am after.

I certainly know how to cherry pick opinion fact lies and otherwise, so can you.

Let's just get it all in one place for now. The rest will be easy.

Or let's not, either way. The dialog of purpose is distracting others from contributing.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-08-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:15 AM
Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm actually very interested in there tune and sport cats for my 15 S V6. I've already been in touch with Stuart but I am waiting to either at least see some data or hear from some others on there experience with the V6 S before I pull the trigger.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by strippersteel
I'm actually very interested in there tune and sport cats for my 15 S V6. I've already been in touch with Stuart but I am waiting to either at least see some data or hear from some others on there experience with the V6 S before I pull the trigger.
I'm trying to work with Stuart and Chris on this as well, but I'm having trouble locating a Dyno shop to work with me. Unhingd sent me a phone number and I have to reach out and find a location that works by me and see if they will accommodate. I'm trying to help Velocity as well as everyone here, but man not easy. Wish I had my own Dyno and would have this completed already..Will keep you informed Steel.

Old 06-16-2016, 03:07 PM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

there are several great shops with AWD dynos near me if anybody in the Philadelphia/NJ region is getting the work done. RT Tuning, Fabspeed, AWE just to name a few.

Quick Reply: Velocity AP: Customers please post here in one place