Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VelocityAP Jaguar F-Type ECU Tuning, V6, V6S, V8S, V8R

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 05:57 PM
Sponsor
Received 824 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Timbo
What about us over the pond Stuart, when we want your tune!!
If you can drive up to Banbury, my dealer David Appleby Engineering (Aston Martin Race Team) has a KessV2 unit and we can do the whole shooting match through the OBD Port.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 04-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

I'd like a 93 octane tune. How do I get one?

Old 04-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dremorg
I'd like a 93 octane tune. How do I get one?
Send me an email to Stuart@VelocityAP.com and we can make arrangements for shipping and invoicing. You can send us your ECU to:

VelocityAP Industries
2378-2384 Government Street
Penticton, BC
V2A 4W6
Canada

Make sure you clearly mark 'Electronic Goods for Repair & Return' on the commercial information. If you can ship Fedex/DHL they are way better for border crossings/customs than UPS.

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Any updates? Dyno graph for the V6 tune?

Old 04-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by ss23
Any updates? Dyno graph for the V6 tune?
We're doing remote tuning to try and dial in the max safe power possible, but everyone's different schedules(car owner/dyno shop/us at Velocity/shipping of ecu or Kess) and datalogging equipment that's availible/not availible at dyno facilities...is making this a long delay. Also a good awd dyno shop not always easy to come by(as we've found out)...Seems like small issues but it's small time consuming issues that postpones a week, then sometimes another..all this has been making it a challenge to develop.

We're trying to get a 3.0L and 5.0L locally to avoid anymore frustration for the owners and for the public that is still waiting for a good proven tune solution from us with data to post publicly. Like other tuning companies, we have a tune that will increase power on the 5.0L and 3.0L "safely" and is ready to sell, just I don't believe it's the max power we can get(hence the dyno session needed locally to help reduce time delays)...remote dyno tuning sometimes take over a day to get me the log of the dyno session, so I can't do any adjusting during the session.Thanx to this Jaguar community we have owners that have been working with us and will be working with us, thanx to these ppl we've advanced a large amount *you know who you are :-) *..but shipping the Kess around and setting dyno dates takes forever..which is the main draw back right now in this long time delay.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Old 04-14-2016, 05:32 PM
Sponsor

Just by way of illustration.... these are the results we have from our first session with a 2016 F-Type R. Good solid gains, from software alone, on 91 Octane Fuel. Pulley was due to go on and then back to the dyno a few days later. But the owner then left town for 3 weeks....

I have called the dyno operator at least 4 or 5 times trying to get the actual graph of the final 451WHP run. Apparently the dyno computer is not hooked to the internet, they can print the sheet, but have no scanner. I asked them to print the sheet and then take a picture of it and got sent a screen shot that has the RHS of the screen cut off and doesn't show the final values alongside the graph. It's pretty frustrating but the results are there. And the results with pulley will be along shortly too.

In the case of the V6, we tried very hard to work with the owner & dyno operator and I do believe they were doing their best, but after our inital session hitting 387BHP with just a few changes, the second session 2 weeks later was not fruitful at all. These cars have lots of extra tables for things like fuel enrichment, so for example they went to a leaner fuel file we had pre-written, and dyno-ed the car. Then they called and said the results were richer - the car was running 10:1AFR. Only a couple of days later when we finally got sent datalogs can we see that the cat temperature was too high, not enough time was left between runs as per our instructions and the car was running in safe mode/fuel enrichment tables.

Or when advancing timing, all the feedback we got was 'less power' but without being shown the dyno graph and datalog for that run. Later interrogation shows the ECU pulling timing because knock is detected, so we know that map is 'too far' on timing in that RPM range but that information is only visible to us 2 days later.

So it can be challenging to do remote tuning unless you have immediate access to the data, and correct action to follow instructions

It's nobody's fault, it's just a hard thing to do sometimes.

Anyway, here is the dyno info from the V8 R. Hopefully they will finally print out or screenshot the 'after' run effectively. This was on 91 Octane Fuel, at 11.5:1 AFR.

www.velocityap.com

Last edited by Stuart@VelocityAP; 04-14-2016 at 05:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DJS (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 01:42 AM
Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

I should be getting my tune to test soon....from Velocity AP.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 329 Likes on 256 Posts

I realize that every dyno is different and that the only thing that really matters is the difference between baseline on the same dyno but it's a bit surprising to me that your baseline dyno of the 550hp R shows 413hp while this video by MotorTrend
shows a 447 RWHP result from a 488hp/495PS/510PS V8S.....almost as much as your tuned R shows which should already be 40hp more stock, though I guess the AWD must have a bit more driveline loss...

I know, I know.....just a bit weird.

I look forward to stopping by your shop for a chat when I'm in Penticton.

Cheers,
Dave

Old 04-15-2016, 08:45 PM
Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DPelletier
I realize that every dyno is different and that the only thing that really matters is the difference between baseline on the same dyno but it's a bit surprising to me that your baseline dyno of the 550hp R shows 413hp while this video by MotorTrend 2014 Jaguar F-Type V8 S: The Meanest and Loudest Jag in the Jamboree! - Ignition Episode 92 - YouTube shows a 447 RWHP result from a 488hp/495PS/510PS V8S.....almost as much as your tuned R shows which should already be 40hp more stock, though I guess the AWD must have a bit more driveline loss...

I know, I know.....just a bit weird.

I look forward to stopping by your shop for a chat when I'm in Penticton.

Cheers,
Dave
Hi Dave!
It's next to impossible to get an "apples to apples" comparison across different dynos. The Mustang dyno I used will always read lower than a Dynojet. When you consider that my F is spinning another set of wheels as well, then the numbers really get skewed.

Ultimately, I wasn't out to race dynos though. We were just trying to get a solid baseline and tuned pull on the same dyno, same day. We saw an honest 40hp gain, which was really inline with expectations. In 550hp form, Jag just didn't leave alot of power on the table.
In any event, I'll be going back to the same dyno for another pull with the pulley upgrade and then to the track. I was also *really* hoping to get a stock 1/4 mile run along with a post tune/pulley pass but the weather just wouldn't cooperate.

I can't say enough good things about the guys at Velocity AP. From Stuart's tireless support to Chris's early morning tuning sessions dialing things in. Very professional and a pleasure to speak with. I've dealt with a *lot* of different shops over the years but these guys are certainly on point.

As to the graph debacle, I'm to blame. We probably did a dozen pulls before the day was out and I didn't grab all the graphs on my way out the door. It's an hour and a half round trip to the shop. I'll grab fresh copies when I get the pulley on and head back down there.

Ryan

Old 04-16-2016, 11:48 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP
If the emissions check is just a OBD scan to see if the drive cycles readiness is complete and that there's no emissions Dtc's stored...then your answer is Yes, it will pass a test that I described...if there was an emissions code stored, the MIL light would come one. Just clearly Ir before the test would fail because the readiness drive cycles would be reset and not marked completed..

If there's a sniffer test to complete, that I honestly can't say 100% it will pass..in theory it should pass a sniffer test unless high flow catalysts have also been installed.

We have a vehicle le going on the dyno in a week, should have results to share soon..

Cost, please send a email/pm to Stuart..he'll be able to get further details and pricing to you :-)
Got a couple more questions:

1) What happens to your ECU flash if the dealer upgrades the firmware?
2) Will you eventually be able to support a device like an SCT programmer that allows one to store the stock flash plus a couple of other flashes and swap them out at will via the OBD2 port?
3) Your website description says that you can bump the V8 S from the stock 495 HP to 600 HP. Is this using a 91 octane tune?

Old 04-18-2016, 08:04 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by myidsucks
Got a couple more questions:

1) What happens to your ECU flash if the dealer upgrades the firmware?
2) Will you eventually be able to support a device like an SCT programmer that allows one to store the stock flash plus a couple of other flashes and swap them out at will via the OBD2 port?
3) Your website description says that you can bump the V8 S from the stock 495 HP to 600 HP. Is this using a 91 octane tune?
1. If a dealer wipes it, we will re-tune free of charge.
2. We have a couple of hand-helds that we use, similar to SCT. Right now Bosch Jag is not available but we are working on a solution for the not too distant future.
3. Yes, this is using a 91 Octane tune. The V8S will end up roughly the same as an F-Type R does when we tune that.

www.velocityap.com

Old 04-28-2016, 09:21 PM
Sponsor

Some good news boys & girls. It appears that we have now got the Bosch protocols added to our hand-held touch screen tuners. So no more shipping tools around, you get to keep the programmer and you can store multiple modified files + the original.

www.velocityap.com

The following 6 users liked this post by Stuart@VelocityAP:
Dremorg (04-29-2016), dwmilton (05-03-2020), Foosh (04-28-2016), Pax (06-01-2019), Smoke Em (04-28-2016), TimelessR (04-28-2016) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-28-2016, 09:27 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

This is excellent news and definitely will be in the market for tuning soon. I wanted to be able to have the car tuned, but if has to go back to the dealer flash it back to stock and with this, I should be able to do this. Thank you for this.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:16 PM

Stuart,

I would like to order a handheld immediately!

Thanks!

Chris

TimelessR (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 11:00 PM

And by the way, the VelocityAP Stage 1 tune I flashed tonight is incredible! Check my thread for details.

TimelessR (04-28-2016)
Old 04-29-2016, 07:39 AM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by cbroth1
And by the way, the VelocityAP Stage 1 tune I flashed tonight is incredible! Check my thread for details.
Is it a 91 octane tune?

Old 04-29-2016, 07:41 AM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Is this basically just a plug and play device, you load it with your tune, we plug it into the car, press a button and we have a tuned car!!

Old 04-29-2016, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Is it a 91 octane tune?
Yes, 91 octane.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Timbo
Is this basically just a plug and play device, you load it with your tune, we plug it into the car, press a button and we have a tuned car!!
Yes Sir!

The hand held will do the stock file read off your car, you send that file to us. We make the required edits to the file and sent it make to you via email. Generally I try to do a few hour turn around but if I get swapped it might take the day.

Once you receive the file, download it to the hand held, plug in the unit to the car, download that file into the car and Volla!

What's good about the hand held, is you can return the car back to stock if needed...the unit becomes yours, you keep it :-)

Old 04-29-2016, 07:59 PM

My Alientech tool is on the way. I will verify that I can read and write faithfully to the V8 ECM.

Quick Reply: VelocityAP Jaguar F-Type ECU Tuning, V6, V6S, V8S, V8R